Lets just be realistic... and look to the sequel.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest 4522391

[content removed as user requested]

Last edited by a moderator:
These kinds of threads amaze me.

Not even two months into release. Not even two "real" patches in (them hotfixes don't count) and you're asking for them to drop the game and move on to the sequel?

They're not going to do this. At least, not yet, abandoning the game now and moving on would be the end of their brand new IP.

don't think you realize how much money it takes to make a new game out of thin air instead of improving upon current one.

This game is beyond improvement imo, it is undeveloped on a basis level like quests design, replayability (story choices), character's building system, behavior of the city etc. They'll need a lot of time and money to improve this, attracting voice and mocap actors again etc., nobody will do that for the game which is released and hardly bring more money than it's already done.

Bug fixes, some DLC extra content, that's all.

So my hopes on the new Witcher game :)

These kinds of threads amaze me.

Not even two months into release. Not even two "real" patches in (them hotfixes don't count) and you're asking for them to drop the game and move on to the sequel?

They're not going to do this. At least, not yet, abandoning the game now and moving on would be the end of their brand new IP.

Im not telling cdpr to do anything I am just looking to the future will the sequel be everything this game promised...

Yes let's be realistic and realize CDPR is dead. They can't make games anymore. They are the new top games studio when it comes to lying however.

People make games, not the companies. It's all about the management, not some company's magic and the company is as good as the people working there. Perhaps some of them will have a say in the future. Will CDPR turn it around? Not entirely, but the trust and faith people had in them were ridiculous like CDPR was a magic entity, a monolith that changes everything into perfect RPG gold with a simple touch. That was simply never true. I'm sure CDPR is not super happy with the reception. If they are and they keep going that way, a lot of people won't buy their games or check them out only on twitch. They burnt a lot of bridges though. Not many will be prone to preorder their games in the future. I can't see myself preordering CP DLC like I did for TW3. It doesn't mean that they can hire/fire/change their staff and create a better experience. I believe when I see it though.

No. The game ends how it does because by the end of production they realized they would rather ride the final swells of the MMO craze and coast for a bit. They're cashing all the checks in exchange for the reputation they cultivated, and wrote the game in such a way that what's done is done. End of story. Rockstar surely sees the sales numbers this former CD printer from Poland has done and could well swoop in to deliver the game we thought we were getting at some point in the future though.
And what about their history gives you this impression? So you think they're lying about planning free DLC and expansions? It's so weird people think this way when you have proof of redemption stories like No Mans sky.

And what about their history gives you this impression? So you think they're lying about planning free DLC and expansions? It's so weird people think this way when you have proof of redemption stories like No Mans sky.

Firstly; This isn't No Man's Sky. It's not. Period. 'two more weeks, you guise, trust the plan.'

No.

How are these patches and hotfixes going? Keep in mind the next patch is the third, not second, public patch. There was a massive day zero patch. Hmm? I say public because they had applied patches for reviewers even before release. Remember when the game went gold, accidentally triggering physical copy release they would later warn buyer's wasn't in release state. Strange... right? It was on the disc and didn't work well. Months later - it still doesn't work well. After they insisted that the game was done earlier this year, they're just making it totes super awesome.

As for DLC; I doubt it will be anything with the significance people are expecting. Still haven't learned have we?

That's not what I was talking about though; I'm talking about sequels. MP was already on the roadmap, as a standalone full-priced title, and they couldn't even wait for that to rollout before jamming in things like quickhacks, armor stat short-shorts, and a gazillion slightly different weapons to beta test. Seems they couldn't wait to get away from this thing because it's just only the appetizer, or at least the estimated ROI is. I get it. It saves money, makes your super-awesome awlays-online game less of a turd on release when you have FREE mass testing accomplished - but I still think it degrades the already hampered 60 USD experience. Adam also told the press that the next Witcher is going into full production following Cyberpunk's release. So what time, or desire, is there for this game to continue in any capacity? Why risk it? What resources are even available realistically?

Last edited:
The Witcher, CP online and CP all have different teams. You realize this right?

What makes me think this?
I don't know, maybe a little game called W3.
Free DLC including new armor, quest, NPC appearances,
updated water, controls, UI, performance boost, two expansions,
and a partridge in a pair tree.

But I guess after record sales of this new IP they're gonna just up
and quit the franchise because forcing a next gen game no last gen
hardware ended badly.

I'd say the refunds are openly omitting to the failings of
last gen hardware and they simply decided to concede to
that fact. But who knows. They may have a trick up their sleeve.
After all, they did port Witcher over to Switch at a massive cost to the
visuals.

They said their long term plans didn't change for this game, there will still be dlcs and expansions

plus even with all the fiasco and returns, this game raked in boatloads of money. From a business standpoint alone, it makes no sense for them to move on from this IP.
The issue is not whether or not they want to make expansions to it or not, they have to convince people why they should buy them. :)

As I see it CDPR have two options.

1. They can leave CP in the dust and hopefully in 2 to 3 game releases from now, people will have forgotten it. But that requires that these game kickass beyond belief. It's basically exactly what Bethesda did with Fallout 76, people got extremely pissed off at that release as well and where people knew their games were always pretty buggy, they accepted it because they were really good.
But after Fallout 76, people had enough and if Starfield is another Fallout 76 then Bethesda is screwed, they can't afford releasing another one of these. Now they obviously have Microsoft there so maybe they can make it :).

But CDPR is facing the exact same thing, a huge amount of people, simply doesn't trust what they are saying now. So if they choose to just move on, I think they will have some very rough years ahead in the gaming community.

2. They fix CP and turn it the game they promised or at least very close to it and win back players, because it is a good game. Even if it had a very rough launch, if the expansions are good people will buy them and they can regain some of their reputation. And hopefully they learn wrong this and in the future are much more careful with how they marketing their game and are more honest with players.

And I really hope they go with options two :)

The Witcher, CP online and CP all have different teams. You realize this right?

Ah, great. How do you know this by the way? So the story from the studio themselves that they make one game at a time, dedicating all their resources to perfecting that title, isn't true? That can certainly change, and perhaps 2077 is the game to do it. Certainly seems their sales model has changed.

What makes me think this?
I don't know, maybe a little game called W3.
Free DLC including new armor, quest, NPC appearances,
updated water, controls, UI, performance boost, two expansions,
and a partridge in a pair tree.

This isn't the Witcher 3. That was six years ago. AA studio that made a AAA polished game. I guess? One of the ways people are dealing with 2077 is by now saying TW3 was a mess at launch. Dunno as I didn't play and I'm non too keen now because I don't like throwing my money away. Now they're a AAA studio making door busters regardless of release quality. This is very likely to happen again.

But I guess after record sales of this new IP they're gonna just up
and quit the franchise because forcing a next gen game no last gen
hardware ended badly.

I didn't say they would quit the franchise, you're reaching. I said this GAME is over. It's now on to the MP component and/or TW4. We'll see how this turns out

I'd say the refunds are openly omitting to the failings of
last gen hardware and they simply decided to concede to
that fact. But who knows. They may have a trick up their sleeve.
After all, they did port Witcher over to Switch at a massive cost to the
visuals.

I play on PC. However; blaming MS and Sony for the game not running well on their hardware, the same hardware CDPR marketed the game for to the point of the first 'gameplay' teaser being the encore at the 2018 Xbox showcase and having special edition Xbox One taken to market, is very delusional and self-flagellating.

The Witcher 3 is a different game. What does porting the Witcher to Switch have to do with what we're talking about? This is copium.

Will it happen? and will it be the game we all thought this one would be ?
no, because the thoughts of what could have been are all over the place, and sometimes contradictory. Somethings could happen if they did Multiplayer, I imagine way more open world/repeatable content, third person is likely if Mp ever happens.

insanely impressive crowd AI? probably not. Npc/resources needs to disappear at will matching the system in use, the goal of crowd npcs here is to simulate cities, not for great depth in interaction.

somethings are just limits on the medium.

They would need to fix this game first i reckon. Between the next GTA coming out not far down the line and all the investors they have upset they need to show that they are capable of making a sequel to Cyberpunk 2077 in my opinion.

Why, I am having fun with CP2077 right now.
I think that CDPR will provide us with an 'Enhanced Edition' (like in W1 & W2) and DLCs before they move on to another Game.

Yes let's be realistic and realize CDPR is dead. They can't make games anymore. They are the new top games studio when it comes to lying however.

That is too radical :) There is only one mediocre game for now under their development, which is not 100% bad as Andromeda was.

We'll see what they'll do for Cyberpunk within the year and we'll see what their next game look like. It's not impossible to rehabilitate for them. No preorders anymore though. User score first, buying the second.

Thus, the transition into a coastal AAA studio will be complete.

How does something like a remake that most Witcher fans probably want, become something of indicative to the typical AAA studio?? So you do not want to play a Witcher game as Geralt once again?? 'cause a sequal already etched to be non Geralt's storyline. Also, Both Witcher 1 & 2 (especially Witcher 1) most likely never been played by a big numbers of Witcher fans (especially console players). Let's not forget that Witcher 1 is pretty old game (13+ years old).

I am just saying it's very cost effective, on demand, & actually benefit the product franchise in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom