Let's speculate about the new Journey

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So there's a new background and countdown on playgwent.com
Who do you think will be the main character of the upcoming Journey?

Going by the color of the night sky I would speculate it's Yennefer, because of her violet eyes.
But another mage after Alzur would be boring...

So, you got any good guesses?

It looks like a color theme to Yenn, and on reddit someone found what appears to be a unicorn in the picture :beer:

It would have logic, after Ciri and Geralt they took out a filler character that nobody asked for, then another important one, then another filler like Triss and they would continue with that mechanic

1612540065483.png

Even so, it is difficult to know, it could be anything and the journey is so useful that we will buy it the same.

another filler like Triss
Woah, careful there. Such a wording could start a fire around here... Triss vs. Yen. vs. Shani has never truly ended.

Edit: Looked up the Reddit post, and it's definitely a unicorn. It's hidden behind the game's logo on playgwent.com.
Looking (too) closely at the image it's possible to see two other horse-like shapes as well. One of them resembles Ihuarraquax's card art. And he's a unicorn.
1612542387316.png
Everything is better visible in the Reddit post's image.

Last edited:
Currently it really looks like Yenn although I kind of hope they are trolling us and it turns out to be someone different.

Since it's the season of Love it makes kind of sense to bring a Love interest as the journey character but I would prefer if it's Shani or Triss.

1134.png

Last edited:
First time i saw that picture, it immediately reminded me of Wild Hunt. (From Witcher wiki: "a group of specters galloping in the sky ".) So i think it could be someone with connection to Wild Hunt. Eredin or Avalach are the obvious choices, but my guess is Lara Dorren. :)

DRK3

Forum veteran
It looks like a color theme to Yenn, and on reddit someone found what appears to be a unicorn in the picture :beer:

It would have logic, after Ciri and Geralt they took out a filler character that nobody asked for, then another important one, then another filler like Triss and they would continue with that mechanic

View attachment 11167499

Even so, it is difficult to know, it could be anything and the journey is so useful that we will buy it the same.

I would downvote you so much if i could for that comment...

Anyway, i do expect they return to the main characters everybody knows in the next Journey.

My guess it will be Viy. Slama is probably tired of writing detailed stories, so he could just mail this journey in.

Write a paragraph or two, and always end it with "but Viy wasn't truly destroyed, she just burrowed deep to cocoon beneath the ground. She would soon return, bigger than before."

Easy money. You can even make the avatar tiny, and have it grow bigger everytime a unit is destroyed...:sneaky:

Write a paragraph or two, and always end it with "but Viy wasn't truly destroyed, she just burrowed deep to cocoon beneath the ground. She would soon return, bigger than before."
That would be hilarious. :ROFLMAO:
It could even be a direct continuation of the previous Journey story.

[...]
Honestly, I would personally say that Ciri could also be considered a filler character, being some weird edgelord a lot of people were already tired of after play The Witcher 3 (and honestly the books do not really improve this).
Also I would say that Alzur was a lot more interesting than Ciri (especially after The Witcher 1 and the general lack of focus on the witchers themselves (back then)).

Honestly, I would personally say that Ciri could also be considered a filler character, being some weird edgelord a lot of people were already tired of after play The Witcher 3 (and honestly the books do not really improve this).
Also I would say that Alzur was a lot more interesting than Ciri (especially after The Witcher 1 and the general lack of focus on the witchers themselves (back then)).
Being tired of the semi-main character of a story won't make her filler :D
On a personal level sure, but other than that, no, under no circumstances can she be considered anything but top-tier popular and main character.
While on a personal level, my opinion about the books is different from yours. Her character there is definitely more complicated and she really doesn't feel edgy. On the contrary - literally everything terrible that can happen with a girl happens with her, while she doesn't really have nearly as much power as in Witcher3 to influence the events.
But of course to each their own.

Also I would say that Alzur was a lot more interesting than Ciri
That is true. Mostly because Ciri's story has been mostly told (at least to the level we know), while Alzur and the Witcher origins represent relatively fresh material. I've also rushed in to enjoy it before we receive the Netflix propaganda version of it in the coming origins series, potentially butchering any immersion to the lore.

Being tired of the semi-main character of a story won't make her filler :D
On a personal level sure, but other than that, no, under no circumstances can she be considered anything but top-tier popular and main character.
While on a personal level, my opinion about the books is different from yours. Her character there is definitely more complicated and she really doesn't feel edgy. On the contrary - literally everything terrible that can happen with a girl happens with her, while she doesn't really have nearly as much power as in Witcher3 to influence the events.
But of course to each their own.
[...]
My point was not that Ciri is an unimportant character.
My point was that Ciri is a bland and boring, although (for whatever reason) popular, mary sue character, so Ciri is an obviously well selling, albeit boring choice.

Edit: I might have been unclear in my initial post, my point about her being a filler was not that Ciri is a filler character, however that chosing her is a clear filler choice.

Last edited:
My point was that Ciri is a bland and boring, although (for whatever reason) popular, mary sue character, so Ciri is an obviously well selling, albeit boring choice.
Which is of course, as opinions go, most subjective.
I for example - even though there are many way more complex and interesting characters in the Witcher universe - like her character a lot, for multiple reasons. What I was really missing about her is the actual transition between her state and role in the books to the one we see in Witcher3.
Hers is a story somewhat similar to S-Tier level characters like Neo. Of course, at some stage in the story she grows way beyond the power level of most (mortal) characters, that comes from the plot itself. I would agree to the mary sue status there, but definitely not in the books.

Which is of course, as opinions go, most subjective.
[...]
I never claimed I would be objective on this topic.
Liking or not liking fictional characters tends to be very subjective.

[...]
I would agree to the mary sue status there, but definitely not in the books.
Is that a joke ?
In the books almost everything revolves around her and almost everyone's motivation is fixed on her (based on Time of Contempt, Baptism of Fire, The Tower of the Swallow and The Lady of the Lake).

Looking (too) closely at the image it's possible to see two other horse-like shapes as well.
Looking too closely at any image makes it possible to see almost anything :LOL:
Post automatically merged:

My guess it will be Viy. Slama is probably tired of writing detailed stories, so he could just mail this journey in.
hahahahaha, this is brilliant! (y)

Last edited:
Merigold's Hailstorm could be too, that would even make sense of the unicorn in the sky considering the part of the story where that happens.

But for that scenario you need both Yenn and Triss. I don't know if they could give us a choice between them (as it is done in HS where you choose 1 among 10 options)

Blood Moon. Moonlight is clearly coming back (I wish!).

Unicorns and ravens. Time for a non-humanoid character's Journey?
There's some building shown in the moon. A tower or a castle, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom