Lets talk about CDProjekt Red

+
hi to all you guysIll make it short.I dont know where to post it,so i will do it here.im in love with that game.yes ok problems with first days after release,crashes,loadingscreens and some unlogical things.But its all forgotten after the end.It is the best game i ever played,a awesome experience and i wanna say thank u to cd project to give me so much pleasure.I wish u good luck and hope for more about the witcher.crossing fingers.I agree with some guy here.He said its sad the game get not the attention that it deserves.right right.i hope more people will find out what they are missing here. ok thats it thx cdproject guys all best for you fantastic game ..give me more of geralt greets to all

I will try to make this short ;)It was only Via Game spot I first learned of TW and fell in love with the idea CDProjekt had in mind and joined the Forum be for the game came out To me the Staff has given back the art of story telling and the grate way they came about it.I look forward in to more of games like this from them :)

Fragil3 said:
I just hope that you will someday play yourself on the western markets, maybe even conquer it .. some day.. that's what i wish to you, expand :)
Thanks, thanks. We're growing and expanding so fast that everything might happen some day:)Actually there is no other option for us. We already quite sizeble company as for the games industry, so have to grow further and expand in order to survive:) And the market is constantly changing, so there are lots of opportunities, and many of them appear so fast or are to small to be taken bybig big players :)

Lots of big dev are moving to Montreal canada (EA, Ubisoft etc....) Let me know when you do the move... I will gladly be your janitor !

Thank all of You for wishing us good luck, thanks!!!Regarding numbers. Full data we will have in January. I know just some figures from some country. Without the doubt the game is the most successful in Poland and Russia. Here numbers changing every day. Few days ago was 81, now is 88k sell through. I hope we close 100k to the end of the year! What is funny, there is a high probability thatmany stores will be out of the stock soon - even though we just have supplied them with second print (1.1a version is now here in stores:). I don't remember when it happened last time. Maybe with BG2:)Russia is going make a very good number too, I hope that they exceed200k pretty soon:) I made a bet that we will sell there more than 300k within first 12 months. Bet for 30 years old whisky:))) I don't drink whisky but maybe that will be the first i liked;)Rest of the world, no full data, soon there should be official numbers from November and we might know more. Cheers,

:D good that we can count on you :)no offices planned in western countries... yet:) Next year, we will open next ones, but still not that far from Warsaw. We will make some annoucments during 08. We work on some cool things to happen:)

Oki then, i am moving in Warsaw then !! Any chance you have some room for myself, my wife our 3 kids, a dog and 2 cats ? Would be an honor to me to wear CDP Colors ! You are on the way of BIG success !!

Thats great news indeed.. I hope youll sell whole milion till end of the year worldwideIf we're talking about job offers.. maybe you have sth for Polish managment student, I am not too greedy 8)

Atari also advertised on sites of other games they published quite long before release, such as the NWN2 Vault community site. That's how I first heard of it, and I'm fairly sure I'm not the only one who got to hear about the game through similar channels. RPG fans tend to be much more 'loyal' to their genre than other gamers, from my experience.Anyway, if you're setting up an office somewhere around here (Netherlands or Belgium) in the near future, I'd better get done with my studies and ready for internship (I'm studying for a bachelor in computer science and media technology ;D )

The game is just top notch! I have been telling everyone everywhere about the game if it is a forum on gaming, be it for another game or just a genralization. Most (as it has been stated) here in the states, have not heard of it, then hear of it, goto the website and buy it :) then come back to say "what a find!" ... now a month or so after my purchase of the game and spreading the word. I am actually seeing advertisment of "The Witcher" finally in allot of places. I think Atari sold enough were it see's that they have a hit on their hands, but didn't think it was going to be so and there they were reluctent (due to their current business standings) to invest heavy into adverstiment for the game. Now that they are seeing the sales numbers, we are seeing more adverstiment. You proved yourselves in the U.S. and people are responding! :)While I look forward to the modding etc, I do hope this title see's a longer life and we see a Witcher 2 for excample. What makes this game great is the story and in the end, that is why we played it to begin with. The immerision, the graphics, the gameplay ofcourse are all in par with the story, but the story really grabs you. This to me is the best way to see the future of "The Witcher" , doing what works and what worked was the story etc. Stick to your visions and you will definitly see a following :) Can't wait for the next installment if it comes, because I definitly will be first in line to get it :)A definite fan

Sounds cool, i hope the game will get some more die-harrd fans like you in the us, it deserves it!

xnode said:
The game is just top notch! I have been telling everyone everywhere about the game if it is a forum on gaming, be it for another game or just a genralization. Most (as it has been stated) here in the states, have not heard of it, then hear of it, goto the website and buy it :) then come back to say "what a find!" ... now a month or so after my purchase of the game and spreading the word. I am actually seeing advertisment of "The Witcher" finally in allot of places. I think Atari sold enough were it see's that they have a hit on their hands, but didn't think it was going to be so and there they were reluctent (due to their current business standings) to invest heavy into adverstiment for the game. Now that they are seeing the sales numbers, we are seeing more adverstiment. You proved yourselves in the U.S. and people are responding! :)While I look forward to the modding etc, I do hope this title see's a longer life and we see a Witcher 2 for excample. What makes this game great is the story and in the end, that is why we played it to begin with. The immerision, the graphics, the gameplay ofcourse are all in par with the story, but the story really grabs you. This to me is the best way to see the future of "The Witcher" , doing what works and what worked was the story etc. Stick to your visions and you will definitly see a following :) Can't wait for the next installment if it comes, because I definitly will be first in line to get it :)A definite fan
Hmm.. interesting, what kinds of adverts and when did u see it? As far as now, Ive only seen one ad in a video games magazine.

Mobidoy said:
Oki then, i am moving in Warsaw then !! Any chance you have some room for myself, my wife our 3 kids, a dog and 2 cats ? Would be an honor to me to wear CDP Colors ! You are on the way of BIG success !!
:) thnx!Joking, joking, but more and more people from abroad joining our team. Recently, two guys moved from London and one from France. We always help to set up here, and depending on the position package can include housing and education for kids. I think that it will happen even more often in future. Because there was tiny games development industry and we already hired more than 30% of it, we will need more and more experienced people. And Warsaw is not bad place to live, changed and improved a lot during last few years. When I was a kid I didn’t like it that much, but now I really appreciate it. And in comparison to big Western cities is very peaceful and not crowded.

Fragil3 said:
If we're talking about job offers.. maybe you have sth for Polish managment student, I am not too greedy 8)
We are always open for cool candidates, especially those who are fans of the computer games. That's a big advantage (our policy is to employ as many gamers as we can:)You might just try to contact at praca@cdprojekt.com, even if nothing is currently advertised (don't forget to mention about the games;)And current offers are here praca.cdprojekt.com. In the second half of January the new big racruitment will start. Many new positions will be offered. ..aha unfortunatly, except few positions, most are full time in Warsaw (or almost full time).GL:)M.

xnode said:
now a month or so after my purchase of the game and spreading the word. While I look forward to the modding etc,
THNX! Actually, spreading the word, is the biggest hope for us for reasonable sales numbers in US. And it is thanks to You guys!Modding, meaning toolset is scheduled to be released somewhere in the second half of January. With surprise:) Hope that telling that I didn't spoil any PR action;)Please treat it as unofficial and not confirmed;) When it will be confirmed for sure something shows up on the main page:)

Michal said:
Michal said:
:) thnx!Joking, joking, but more and more people from abroad joining our team. Recently, two guys moved from London and one from France. We always help to set up here, and depending on the position package can include housing and education for kids. I think that it will happen even more often in future. Because there was tiny games development industry and we already hired more than 30% of it, we will need more and more experienced people. And Warsaw is not bad place to live, changed and improved a lot during last few years. When I was a kid I didn’t like it that much, but now I really appreciate it. And in comparison to big Western cities is very peaceful and not crowded.
Any plans of opening a customer support division ;P ?

Michal said:
THNX! Actually, spreading the word, is the biggest hope for us for reasonable sales numbers in US. And it is thanks to You guys!Modding, meaning toolset is scheduled to be released somewhere in the second half of January. With surprise:) Hope that telling that I didn't spoil any PR action;)Please treat it as unofficial and not confirmed;) When it will be confirmed for sure something shows up on the main page:)
So along with modding tools you will give a good exaple for all modding communities, meaning you will give all fansnpossibility to play a mod done by famous moding team am I right? 8)

Michal said:
We are always open for cool candidates, especially those who are fans of the computer games. That's a big advantage (our policy is to employ as many gamers as we can:)You might just try to contact at praca@cdprojekt.com, even if nothing is currently advertised (don't forget to mention about the games;)And current offers are here praca.cdprojekt.com. In the second half of January the new big racruitment will start. Many new positions will be offered. ..aha unfortunatly, except few positions, most are full time in Warsaw (or almost full time).GL:)M.
Ok so I've written email to your company, I hope you'll influence the 'decision making' people :)

Top Bottom