Let's talk about how lazy the perk system is.

+
Well considering they butchered how the stats and skills work from the pen and paper game, it's not surprising that their perk system is a mess. Cool is not stealth stat. It's for being able to out talk someone or to help with making a screw up look like you meant to do it that way
Man don't even get me started about Cool. The Cool "checks" in this game infuriate me to no end. They have nothing to do with your composure or presence of mind and they just make V say some Joss Whedon-esque quip that annoys everyone. I think there was only one cool check in the whole game that didn't make me want to slap V.

Just like with inventory management not being CDPRs stronges suites, so are not the character building and balancing of perks/skills/builds/whatever. For me CDPR games are incredible story and character driven experiences, that come with a character skill customization and loot management system attached and dangling somewhere fairly low on their priority list. I got used to the not so good inventory and skill system in the witcher series and came to CP2077 not expecting anything revolutionary and was not disappointed.

It is all adequate. Yeah, some skills do definitely not work as intended (or not at all) at the moment and will be fixed at some point, hopefully in the first big update in January. No matter what perks you choose, you will always be able to complete the game and experience what is the point of CDPR games: the story, characters, the world and the quests.

The perk system feels lazy because the game and combat system is lazy (and or incomplete) ;). You don't have any real NEED to put points into any specific area-as once you stack armor mods and get above 1k dps, you casually walk around killing everything anyway. On top of that, enemy AI is lazy, uninspired, and boring. They all have the same stupid code, which offers no versatility in fights. So as people keep saying "maybe you lack creativity" no. More so the game doesn't compel you to be creative. Doing random stuff just because you have no idea how else to get entertainment out of the game's combat system is a game issue. not a player issue. You can literally fight every fight the same exact way this entire game. Stealth is not ever required, sniping is not ever required, nothing is ever required nor even remotely a challenge if you stray away from what the mission seems it was designed to play like.

To fix the perk system, they first need to offer much better AI, and much better fights that force you to play situations differently. If they really thought throwing in that generic AI that matrix dodges up to you was good enough...Then we are in for a long ride boys.

Last edited:
You sure about this?
Yes the weakness damage modifiers don't do shit, not that it matters anyhow when even on V. Hard you one shot everymob.

There are a few mobs that have a weakspot, both are based on the two boss base builds the game has, that's royce and adam, royce is all the exoskeleton enemy which is then repeated for during the cyberpsychos quest and Adam Smasher has the same weakspot as the animal in Ev's questline in pacifica.

I like it, what i dont like though is how the final skills in each tree is tied to a requirement, and i actually find most of them useless anyway.

ya1

Forum regular
There is no content related to being underwater. That's telling enough. Obviously, the game is half-made. I hope the January big patch will fix the perks that don't work. It is unacceptable in a game of this scale that so much of the character progression is fake.

Yeah, the perk system isn't fun.

Perks were originally off color abilities that complimented and/or encouraged a gameplay style. The issue I have with CP2077's perk system is I don't understand the intention behind it. I was hoping for something more exciting. There is a perk in handguns that decreases the time it takes to draw/switch too handguns. That's neat but in addition it could have slowed time and fired off a round or two the moment the gun is drawn. You know, Quick Draw... It changes an aspect of gameplay that requires a bit of planning and skill from the player.

There is no content related to being underwater. That's telling enough. Obviously, the game is half-made. I hope the January big patch will fix the perks that don't work. It is unacceptable in a game of this scale that so much of the character progression is fake.
Yes there is. Not lots but there is reasons to go in the water

Top Bottom