Let's talk about SCOPES!

+
Seems to me that a great number of scopes in this game are worse options than having no scope/sight attachment at all. This detracts quite a bit from the gunplay experience. Scopes for snipers/precision rifles seem to be the exception, as there are some good options (ie. E255, MK.2X).

A common problem is weakly illuminated "red dot"/holo sights which works poorly in bright light conditions and especially when offset against enemies who typically are highlighted in red. Type 2067 is a prime example of this made even worse by a needlessly busy display. Even smartgun targeting systems have this red on red issue. Then there are needless bulkiness and neon bright colors that draw focus away from aiming.

I would like to see these issues addressed. Less bulky, less cluttered, brighter illumination, colors that offset the red of enemies better. Intelligent design such as vulnerability icon on display, feedback when you aim at weakspot/headshot, range. What do you think?

Last edited:
Not an expert especially since shotgun was my go to weapon and I had dexterity 6 and even then perks were in pistol tree, so take this with huge grain of salt.

I tried using sniper rifles couple of times and in bright daylight, I didn't felt graphical presentation was good for those conditions. Muted color palette can be very useful in dark with tagging, especially when shooting enemies through walls but on daylight scenario, for me depending of what enemies were wearing, muted colors made them at times difficult to spot against environment.

I also felt that most of them make my weapon look uglier and didn't use them. What happened to style over substance?

there are few scopes that work well actually.. and i tend to get them on any weapon i use.. for quick firing weapons they are a must.. because iron sights are not usually good option for quick and precise firing...

I prefer Smart over Power or Tech Weapons, so from a sniper perspective, the scope is redundant.

However,I prefer Dying Light as my go to Coup de Grace pistol, with a Gimlet and silencer. In that regard, the Gimlet shows up quite well in all lighting situations. When I can't see the Red Dot, which is the case when I've pinged the map and opponents are in red, it's just as easy to center up the target in the frame lines and shoot center mass.

I also felt that most of them make my weapon look uglier and didn't use them. What happened to style over substance?
I actually think the designers thought the pink and puke greens were "stylish". When it comes to the art of survival, I think even the worst fashionistas would prefer something actually works rather than what is likely to get you killed :)

I prefer Smart over Power or Tech Weapons, so from a sniper perspective, the scope is redundant.

However,I prefer Dying Light as my go to Coup de Grace pistol, with a Gimlet and silencer. In that regard, the Gimlet shows up quite well in all lighting situations. When I can't see the Red Dot, which is the case when I've pinged the map and opponents are in red, it's just as easy to center up the target in the frame lines and shoot center mass.
In my opinion the Gimleteye scope has only got one thing going for it; not being bulky. My main issue with it is that the red of the scope is so weak it isn't even useful during low-light scenarios, let alone in bright light. Secondly, it's tall and narrow, a disconnect with the lateral (from the sides) movement of enemies.

I use the Threat Detector ocular mod which automatically highlights enemies, so I get this issue whenever in combat apart from first strike situations. The headshot mechanic is so OP in the game (and more satisfying to pull off), so center mass is reserved for assault rifles/smg style of weapons.

I would like to see crafting recipes for epic/legendary scopes and muzzles. Perhaps legendary scopes could provide different visual options such as thermal imaging!

I would like to see crafting recipes for epic/legendary scopes and muzzles. Perhaps legendary scopes could provide different visual options such as thermal imaging!
I would like to see this, though I don't really like hiding stuff that would be realistically available for purchase behind steep attribute/perk requirements. This should come as a part of rebalancing to restore some challenge to combat, last thing we need is more tools to make it even more of a cake walk. Would be nice with legendary scopes who could trigger a short slow-time with a semi-long cooldown though.

i would love to disable the nightvision on the large sniper scope
it looks incredibly badass, but the nightvision is counter productive most of the time

Top Bottom