Lets talk about the women of the Northern Kingdoms

+
I suspect that lady may be tied to a quest or something. But anyhow i agree that more variety of appearances and looks are needed for a living world. Not only women but also men. I hope to see more variety and normal looking folks. Of course, important characters need to have 'style'. I really love how all the important characters in TW2 looks.

There are some valid points all across this thread. Dont get me wrong! I loved the character visual design of Triss, Sile and Philippa in witcher 2, but all the more reason then to spread that kind of beauty with good taste, I think.

Honestly its hard to Market with ugly people in your game. But I agree that the woman should have looked ordinary like the woman in the "Killing Monsters" Trailer.

It's not a matter of ugly or beauty but normal people. You look better if you have your face, your hair and your clothes clean than

No one of you have the sensation they belong to the same family? Or maybe is only my distorted professional point of view....

More or less thin, more or less make up, differents hair but the basic bones structure is the same.

Last edited:
Do you prefer "what I already have and don't know"? Or "the first being that say hello to me"?

Funny enough, probably the most different female face (from an Important NPC, I mean) render we have seen to this date is... Yennefer's, IMHO :) Althouhg it's difficult to say anything about that one, anyway, with just the brief glimpse we have.

It's very a hard cost to make several different patrons of faces in 3D. But I wouldn't be ungratful to CDPR if they add some differences in eyebrow lines or differents jawbones.

I don't know if you know what I mean....

Last edited:
The problem is that CDPR seem to use only one bone/sceleton model for humanoid females (and males). Only very important NPCs could own a hand-crafted face but the rest is basically the same (at least in TW2)....

The problem is that CDPR seem to use only one bone/sceleton model for humanoid females (and males). Only very important NPCs could own a hand-crafted face but the rest is basically the same (at least in TW2)....

That's how it will be in TW3 too I guess. I mean Novigrad alone has 7000 NPC's. Let's be realistic, we can't have so many different faces. We could have more variety than TW2 though.

Yes, but men were more diffferents between them, see Loredo, Geralt, Letho, Henselt.. etc, etc..I exclude dwarves and elves by being fantasy races

Yes, but men were more diffferents between them, see Loredo, Geralt, Letho, Henselt.. etc, etc..I exclude dwarves and elves by being fantasy races
Yes, I agree. As I said, only very important NPCs had even the chance to get an own facial bone structure. And there were just more men than women in TW2... ;)

Sheela should have received a more distinctive facial structure in TW2 though, I fully agree.

They were main characters though. There were more male characters in the storyline, than female, so that's why that difference exists.

Oh! Sile, Philippa, Triss, Saskia are not main characters too?

Only Margot and Marietta looks quite differents

Oh! Sile, Philippa, Triss, Saskia are not main characters too?

Ha! Maybe it is just the facial artists style. With men you also have more opportunities to make them look different. Women do not have beards for example. Sides that silly circus elf. But you have a point, most women do appear to have similar bone structure.

I have to say though, in CDPR's defence, Sile, Phillipa, Triss and Saskia, have the ability to change their appearance according to their will. So I guess there's a reason why they all look similar (they all want to be attractive to men).

For example, Anezka had a distinctly different face than other women in TW2, NPC's or important characters.

Last edited:
Well, not to me, I can give the same level to a beard than a make-up eye. Or an plucked eyebrow than to a low chin... Don't take me ciriouly, it's only part of my job watching differents facial details :p

Personally, i don't think the faces wichat posted look the same. I don't know. More variety is always welcome though.

For example, Anezka had a distinctly different face than other women in TW2, NPC's or important characters.

IIRC Anezka was modelled after a fan that won a contest by CDPR. The same goes for Silgrat and Adam Pangratt.

Personally, i don't think the faces wichat posted look the same. I don't know. More variety is always welcome though.

you know, I wouldn't mind if I could see those characters without hair, clothes and make up, and maybe I'd be convinced that they have not the same facial bone patron ;)

IIRC Anezka was modelled after a fan that won a contest by CDPR. The same goes for Silgrat and Adam Pangratt.

I thought Anezka was modelled after a CDPR employee. Had no idea about the other two.

Top Bottom