Lets talk about the women of the Northern Kingdoms

+
And that's about it, all the women had the body of a super model, which is just bad.
Yeah, but Witcher games weren't much better in that terms IIRC...

Anyway, let's hope that Witcher 3 will offer more variety in terms of faces and body shapes and ages of female (and male) NPCs... ;)

Good, true point OP. I agree. But variety on all types of NPC, including dwarves.

People forget there was a bit of variety in body types in TW2. I know. I visited the brothel enough to discover the difference.

:p

To tell the truth i thought that most of the whores in tw2 were rather ugly and had nothing on sorceresses, same goes to normal folk. Anezka for example looked rather ordinary. But yeah, that herbalist in the demo looked surprisingly clean for someone living in the middle of swamp without running water. Honestly i hope for less sexual encounters in the 3rd game because it makes less sense storywise. Just focus on the story, open world and most importantly gameplay.

Will this game have reused character models ?

Something that always bugged me about The Witcher is the reused character models. It was in the Witcher 2 as well, but the only story character I can think off with a non-unique model is Cedric.

So, will we see the same faces constantly popping up in TW3 or did CDPR program in some kind of NPC randomizer? It's not a big deal either way I just want to know.

Pretty much this. Compared to other games CDPR are miles ahead when it comes to female variety.

Really?<_< Do I have to remind you of all the Abigail clones in Leuvaardens party in witcher 1 and all the identical female students in Loc Muinne.

At least in Skyrim every character WAS always different from the other. Even if in a little mild ways sometimes, but at least you didnt have to look that same fat merchant model from witcher 1 and random steroid thug model from witcher 2 over and over again when those dudes tried so hard to be about 10 different characters.

Something that always bugged me about The Witcher is the reused character models. It was in the Witcher 2 as well, but the only story character I can think off with a non-unique model is Cedric.

So, will we see the same faces constantly popping up in TW3 or did CDPR program in some kind of NPC randomizer? It's not a big deal either way I just want to know.

Of course they will have re-used models, that would be quite and undertaking modelling unique models for each characters.
It's just a matter of how many different character models they have and how they can differentiate them from each other (like mixing up clothings, facial appearance).

I didn't mean that they should model each character separately.
Some games I've played have very complex character creation tool you can just randomize all faces with a button.

>> like mixing up clothings, facial appearance
Yeah, and this game will feature complex beards, and complex hair. Maybe it will turn out nicely and it will have many combinations

I was kinda dissapointed to discover that the woman in the demo that Geralt helped looked almost like a Hollywood actress who had decided to go live in the forest, in a small cabin. To wait for Geralt to bang her at some point.
Really CD project? I thought long hard life in the woods always leaves marks to the body and you usually dont have the time or willingness to dress according to the latest fashion and keep your face at the most attractive condition possible. I quess the beauty salons of the sorceresses reach nowadays even the farthest corners of the world to every woman alive.
Did anyone else miss the fact that she was a witch? Jumping to conclusions from a three second snippet isn't really something that I would advise.

At least in Skyrim every character WAS always different from the other. Even if in a little mild ways sometimes, but at least you didnt have to look that same fat merchant model from witcher 1 and random steroid thug model from witcher 2 over and over again when those dudes tried so hard to be about 10 different characters.
Skyrim had a budget of $80-100 million, Witcher was made on a budget of $6 million, Witcher 2 was made on a budget of $8 million.

Many should be suffering for example from pox or pox scars, have missing limbs from work accidents or early hunchback from carrying heavy waterbuckets all day long or bruises from husbands beatings.
Just came across this gem. What in the actual fuck?

Last edited:
Skyrim had a budget of $80-100 million dollars, Witcher was made on a budget of $6 million, Witcher 2 was made on a budget of $8 million.
I think it's more about making the tools for character creation more than anything and the more complex they are the more variations of faces you will have.

like the tool for EVE is amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVWPHe5G6Ms

I think CDPR should consider something like this for Cyberpunk

However that's not guaranteed to work better than what The Witcher games, if I'm not mistaken many of the faces were based on real people and you get more belivable characters that way instead of randomly generated characters who have no ...character

Last edited:
Top Bottom