Lets talk about the women of the Northern Kingdoms

+
It's a fair request, that would improve the TW3 experience. But I feel pity for devs. I mean, Novigrad has 7.000 inhabitants. 7.000 NPCs, so. I expect some kind of aleatory and automatic mechanism to create that amount of digital life but still... imagine the amount of work.

About boobs, what makes me smile is the fact that the SoD trailer, wordly broadcasted, has some female nudity. And so far nobody has complained. Well played, REDs. Well played indeed.

I've rewatched the Novigrad gameplay section and there is not even one "fat" or "old" woman in it. Just women with the physiognomy of a model. I really hope that there will be much more variety in terms of body types, age and looks. I also noticed some NPC copies in this short section, namely the one of an Elven woman with a fancy (modern?) dress and tights. My guess is that there will be many more models and variations added in the next months, at least I hope so.

View attachment 3992
There is the elven woman with the fancy green dress before the city walls.

View attachment 3993
And here again only seconds later within the city walls.

View attachment 3994
Typcial physiognomy of the women in Witcher 3 so far, very slim and "young", not influenced by hard daily work in the fields at all

Attachments

• 2014-06-13_162541.jpg
    2014-06-13_162541.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 2014-06-13_162619.jpg
    2014-06-13_162619.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 2014-06-13_162915.jpg
    2014-06-13_162915.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 37
Yeah, the only double NPC that I could spot in Novigrad was that elf lady, probably because the asymetric shirt is very distinctive. I like a lot the whores in the brothel, thought, not appeling, not supermodels. But maybe I should stop talking about whores...

Yeah, the only double NPC that I could spot in Novigrad was that elf lady, probably because the asymetric shirt is very distinctive. I like a lot the whores in the brothel, thought, not appeling, not supermodels. But maybe I should stop talking about whores...

Better talk about witches!

In regards to pop-cultural easter eggs CDPR might just do that.
Though this time the bearded lady is a singer with a strange austrian-german accent and an even stranger smoked meat-related surname.

Off-topic:
Not Austrian-German, just Austrian. I'm sick of all the Muricans thinking that every German has an Austrian accent just because the only German-speaking guy they seem to know is Arnie.... :p

Seems like CDPR follows Bethesda's example and give us cities full of women of all ages who all have bodies of 18 yo girls.
It contradicts lore, common sense and reality of life in Medieval times.

I was kinda dissapointed to discover that the woman in the demo that Geralt helped looked almost like a Hollywood actress who had decided to go live in the forest, in a small cabin. To wait for Geralt to bang her at some point.

To me, finding these unusually attractive women in unusual places is what I expect when I play a Witcher game. Geralt boinking his way through the lands, finding women who are more attractive than the chances would suggest they would be, and more willing to sleep with him than you'd expect, is, at least to me, part of the fun. The games have always had that 'boys own advenure' novel sort of feel, an adult version of course, but having that idea of the hero always bumping into extremely attractive women, in odd places, who want to sleep with him is part of the fun and novelty of Geralt's adventures, there's always a super model tavern wench or witch in the woods for him to smile suggestively at and make cringe worthy pick up lines towards.

In short, there's a certain element of unusually attractive women and generous levels of cleavage that I think are a fun (for those men/women attracted to attractive women) to see in the game world. I wouldn't want every woman, or even every other woman, to look like this of course, which was sort of the case in the Witcher 2, every prostitute in the brothels were almost unanimously attractive, there should be mostly "average" looking female NPCs.

Seems like CDPR follows Bethesda's example and give us cities full of women of all ages who all have bodies of 18 yo girls.
It contradicts lore, common sense and reality of life in Medieval times.

I agree, female NPCs should be all sorts of shapes and sizes, as women are in real life.

Last edited:
Although all of your points and arguments are valid and I agree, I've given you the red point to prove it, there is one thing you should all consider, and that's how marketing works.
You see, what you said about the first 2 games is clear and it's a fact, BUT, we can't judge nothing about the Witcher 3 yet, let alone the women on the Northern Kingdoms. The reason because of why we can't, and why I mention how marketing works is simple, the E3/Microsoft demo presentation.
You see, that's why you don't see ordinary/average/ugly looking protagonists of big commercials or promotions of some product, and IN A WAY, the E3 Witcher 3 demo was just that, and it's logical. PLUS, add to that the financial need to bring in a wider crowd (I will stay neutral here, the witcher path eheh), which is what events like E3 is primarily for, is a valid excuse why they would use a young, hollywood-looking model for the one NPC shown in the demo.
So all I'm saying is that we shouldn't judge the whole game yet, before at least getting some new materials to work with.

NOW, I'm sorry if someone else also said all of this, I will read the thread later, because I came from an exhausting read of E3 thread, so if you notice that my post is a duplicate, point me to the post before me and i will remove it, thank you :)

View attachment 3994
Typcial physiognomy of the women in Witcher 3 so far, very slim and "young", not influenced by hard daily work in the fields at all

But that's exactly what is the influence of working a hard daily work on the fields, it keeps you fit/slim when you are young. I'm referring to the body ofc, so i can't say nothing about face and "young looking" since we can't really see the NPC's faces.

Last edited:
Although all of your points and arguments are valid and I agree, I've given you the red point to prove it, there is one thing you should all consider, and that's how marketing works.
You see, what you said about the first 2 games is clear and it's a fact, BUT, we can't judge nothing about the Witcher 3 yet, let alone the women on the Northern Kingdoms. The reason because of why we can't, and why I mention how marketing works is simple, the E3/Microsoft demo presentation.
You see, that's why you don't see ordinary/average/ugly looking protagonists of big commercials or promotions of some product, and IN A WAY, the E3 Witcher 3 demo was just that, and it's logical. PLUS, add to that the financial need to bring in a wider crowd (I will stay neutral here, the witcher path eheh), which is what events like E3 is primarily for, is a valid excuse why they would use a young, hollywood-looking model for the one NPC shown in the demo.
So all I'm saying is that we shouldn't judge the whole game yet, before at least getting some new materials to work with.

NOW, I'm sorry if someone else also said all of this, I will read the thread later, because I came from an exhausting read of E3 thread, so if you notice that my post is a duplicate, point me to the post before me and i will remove it, thank you :)
I partly agree that the woman in the wood with a speaking role in the demo was perhaps especially pretty for marketing reasons.

But the point is that every woman in the game (even the ones who are hardly even noticed walking around in Novigrad) seems to have the same general physiognomy (young, super slim body). You can see that if watching the Novigrad video picture by picture. That can't be based on marketing imo. My guess (and hope) is that they just haven't implemented other female body types and varieties yet and that they will implement them in the next 8 months until release. It was alpha/beta gameplay after all but worth to mention anyway. ;)

Most female peasants above 30 or 40 weren't perfectly slim in medieval times, not at all. Just look at modern peasants, they are rarely slim as well. I agree that people were much more slender on the average in medieval times but not THAT much. Even Geralt is too slim. A strong, muscular man hasn't such a slim waist compared to the breast like Geralt in W3 so far... ;)

Last edited:
I partly agree that the woman in the wood with a speaking role in the demo was perhaps especially pretty for marketing reasons.

But the point is that every woman in the game (even the ones who are hardly even noticed walking around in Novigrad) seems to have the same general physiognomy (young, super slim body). You can see that if watching the Novigrad video picture by picture. That can't be based on marketing imo. My guess (and hope) is that they just haven't implemented other female body types and varieties yet and that they will implement them in the next 8 months until release. It was alpha/beta gameplay after all but worth to mention anyway. ;)
Yes, you make a fine point, I can also hope with you, that it was because it's an early beta/alpha build, and more models are going to be implemented in the final build.
While we are on the Novigrad subject, did anyone else notice the halfling in the video, with the quirky remark 'When'll a halfling become a witcher?" when he passed next to him? :D

Top Bottom