Lets talk about the women of the Northern Kingdoms

+
While I always love to see more realistic human figures in all media, it's worth noting that the Witcher books are very titillating books and the witcher is quite the womanizer. The it's very important that the story is shown to be for adults. because that's what it is.

That said I'd love to see some more realistic figures and a little more in-between when it comes to attractiveness of the models. Though I don't think the second game was nearly as extreme as you claimed. Don't forget that there wasn't that much more variance in the male models in the second game.

Of the neck only? (she has undergone a whitening operation)

Oh! I think somebody has not seen old women chest enough.... or just doesn't want to remember them :p

Old Ben Franklin fancied himself an authority on the charms of older women.
"5. Because in every Animal that walks upright, the Deficiency of the Fluids that fill the Muscles appears first in the highest Part: The Face first grows lank and wrinkled; then the Neck; then the Breast and Arms; the lower Parts continuing to the last as plump as ever..."
And I think I'll stop before I get to "every Knack being by Practice capable of Improvement".

"Advice to a Young Man on the Choice of a Mistress" (1745)

Old Ben Franklin fancied himself an authority on the charms of older women.
"5. Because in every Animal that walks upright, the Deficiency of the Fluids that fill the Muscles appears first in the highest Part: The Face first grows lank and wrinkled; then the Neck; then the Breast and Arms; the lower Parts continuing to the last as plump as ever..."
And I think I'll stop before I get to "every Knack being by Practice capable of Improvement".

"Advice to a Young Man on the Choice of a Mistress" (1745)

Well, he has not a female body :p

Cirioulsly, the proportion of wrinkled skin between the face and the chest is a bit exagerated. I mean, take any grandma being as aolder as than one in theimage and take a look at ther breast (in the most professional sense) and you will understand what I mean. BTW don't you really did it? understand my meaning I mean :p

Similar facial bone structures?

Watch out, nitpicking thread coming through.

Is it just me or does for example such women characters like Yennefer, Ciri and Triss have disturbingly alike face shapes and bone structures? In what we have seen them so far at least.
To me the all women in Witcher 2 looked like each other´s cousins with no real variety in face shapes and I fear in this installment also major number of important female characters will all have the face of photoshopped supermodel with no distinctive characteristics whatsoever.

So long as excessive sun exposure and obesity and yoyo dieting are avoided, there is no reason to assume that the body of a 60 year old cannot be virtually indistinguishable from that of someone half their age. Skin of the face and hands tends to suffer a bit, but habitually covered skin doesn't change nearly as much as most people claim.

I've seen women in their 60s with better skin texture and body shape than some women in their late 20s. :scold:

Almost all eyebrowns and noses have the same patron. Eyes shape too. The female faces are more simetrical and nearer to beauty patron than male faces.
It's not about ugly or beauty but variation, especially in the cartilaginous areas

So long as excessive sun exposure and obesity and yoyo dieting are avoided, there is no reason to assume that the body of a 60 year old cannot be virtually indistinguishable from that of someone half their age. Skin of the face and hands tends to suffer a bit, but habitually covered skin doesn't change nearly as much as most people claim.

I've seen women in their 60s with better skin texture and body shape than some women in their late 20s. :scold:

I'm going to upfront preface my reply with the caveat that I am by no means scientifically lettered on the matter. It's just that every single statement on your reply sounds complete bonkers to me, as each and every one contradicts my direct experience in several countries, in several continents. It's not the case, I suppose, that anecdotal evidence cannot be provided where elderly women can be shown to have withstood the inflictions of time with a degree of poise and grace. But to claim that's the norm, the biological bedrock female bodies stand upon as they age, now that to me sounds, again, complete bonkers, especially considering the irrevocable changes associated with childbearing and menopause.

I will gladly concede if proven wrong, though.

@SaladinBarchan

You' re right, this is depending on the "beauty symetric formula" aka what is considered as beautifull
(depending on region of course) But there is a formula what defines beauty... which is a symetric face.

What means ... if your face provides certain symetric proportions, you count as beautyfull ... automatically.
Depedning on region of the world... those proportions differ ... of course....

(...)

I'm currently reading «Why Beauty matters» by Esther Tsai, which references a number of scientific studies on this very matter. Perhaps you would find the book interesting.

Last edited:
@SaladinBarchan

You' re right, this is depending on the "beauty symetric formula" aka what is considered as beautifull
(depending on region of course) But there is a formula what defines beauty... which is a symetric face.

What means ... if your face provides certain symetric proportions, you count as beautyfull ... automatically.
Depedning on region of the world... those proportions differ ... of course....

But as you see... thats the reason WHY Yennefer, Triss, Cirilla "looks" are similar.

Perhaps you would consider checking it out.

No i would not, since i try not to count/ judge on "looks" because this is missleading always.
Though i also know... we (as humans) always decide on looks... still i try to keep my
"judging" back on the actions of a person ... not how the appearance is. Which is hard enough
believe me.

Last edited:
Beauty is also very subjective... Ciri was never meant to be seen as beautiful, a 'normal' looking person for sure. And after she got her scar she didn't look beautiful at all. Triss and Yen are sorceresses so they have chosen, a long time ago, how they want to look. And as usual for sorceresses and 'strong' women that's: looking like they do, beautiful.

And why CDPR makes them the way they are? I guess most of it is just 'artistic freedom' and the looks of a character can help it to stand out (pop out) in the world.... That and, male and some female, gamers like beautiful women in games. And it's not like every woman in The Witcher 3 will look like a super model.
(Granted that the herbalist from the E3 footage might just look like that because gamers like it. And I doubt every female character that Geralt 'interacts' will have the same sort of looks.)

Last edited:
realisitic concern, but i'm sure there are "normal" women on th villages, cities, why would you want ugly people,? you have monsters, lots of them ;)

the girl in the demo is beautiful, please keep her in the game :)

Last edited:
Beauty is also very subjective... Ciri was never meant to be seen as beautiful, a 'normal' looking person for sure. And after she got her scar she didn't look beautiful at all. Triss and Yen are sorceresses so they have chosen, a long time ago, how they want to look. And as usual for sorceresses and 'strong' women that's: looking like they do, beautiful.

And why CDPR makes them the way they are? I guess most of it is just 'artistic freedom' and the looks of a character can help it to stand out (pop out) in the world.... That and, male and some female, gamers like beautiful women in games. And it's not like every woman in The Witcher 3 will look like a super model.
(Granted that the herbalist from the E3 footage might just look like that because gamers like it. And I doubt every female character that Geralt 'interacts' will have the same sort of looks.)

Good point. Tyrion Lannister was considered to be ugly and the scar made him more so. But Peter Dinklage is pretty handsome in general, thus TV Tyrion is handsome(to the viewer), despite portraying something that is looked upon as ugly!

The Herbalist has the advantage of having herbs in her diet, thus she must be living a very healthy lifestyle, getting all necessary vitamins, even in a swamp land. She also might just have good genes and thus enjoys natural beauty that makes her a cut above the rest.

Top Bottom