Let's talk about vehicles

+

What do you think about flying vehicles?

• We should be able to fly, buy, and rent them

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • We shouldn't have them

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • We should fly them but in story only.

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
I have to say I'm just extatic that we're getting those dashboard views and the speedometer and all that look like gauges... I don't know how in depth it will be, if we'll be able to drive, buy, rent... different models, modify them (that'd be hella cool, specially if they gave them more importance than cars in GTA)...

We should action sequences like in fast & the furious it would mission so much cooler than just any old car chase like in other open world games which car action sequences are pretty much the same but one thing that was cool is in Sleeping dogs you can get out of in a high speed and jump on a another and get in and drive away.

We should action sequences like in fast & the furious it would mission so much cooler than just any old car chase like in other open world games which car action sequences are pretty much the same but one thing that was cool is in Sleeping dogs you can get out of in a high speed and jump on a another and get in and drive away.

I totally enjoyed 'Sleeping Dogs' but driving was a nightmare, driving in any game (on my part) was / is a serious challenge because a key board is linear, that is 'ON / OFF' unlike a controller. Sleeping Dogs caused me to buy a wired XBox controller and frankly, I just suck with a controller...to add to this embarrassment, I do have an old 360 and Xbox One mainly because I enjoy the Halo games. So driving mechanics on a PC are not that great and I avoid it if at all possible, I couldn't even keep Geralt's horse 'Roach' on the path, last I saw of Roach, he parked himself way up North in a forest.

Oddly, driving in SR3 works just fine, and I have no idea why, I can drive in that game and actually have fun. Worst game for driving (for myself) was Saints Row 2...loved that game, but finally ended up walking everywhere when I could.

So my point to all this is, I sure hope they have cabs or public transportation in this game because I will use them. :D

I really don't know how to vote:
-I don't think much time/money should be spended in vehicles...
-...unless it is possible to play a Nomad...
-...but then I'll be overly jealous not being able to play a Rockerboy and would want that time/money get in there.

I already see that they confirmed that we'll have bike and motorbike, the question is: Will they maintain the same interface used in the car or not? I'm curious to see, anyway I liked what I saw so far...!

Just fyi - http://fandom.wikia.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-the-fandom-interview

FANDOM: We’ve seen that you’ll be able to navigate Night City by car, can we expect to use other vehicles in Cyberpunk 2077?

Pietra: We are planning many different vehicles [as well as] modification for your cars. Bikes are also a big a part of the game. When it comes to flying vehicles … in the reference material, flying AVs are the most expensive thing in the entire world. So, as a player, you will be able to fly in an AV a few times, but not as a pilot, as a passenger, and it will be strongly connected to the narrative. Because you start almost at the bottom, right? In the demo you’ve seen you’re at the beginning of your journey there and, well, AVs are expensive.

Modifying vehicles.

I find driving in games generally tedious & unless they do it very well in CP2077, I can see all manner of emersion breaking weirdness involving running over pedestrians. It is very hard to mimic the real situational awareness of an urban driver in a game.

I find driving in games generally tedious & unless they do it very well in CP2077, I can see all manner of emersion breaking weirdness involving running over pedestrians. It is very hard to mimic the real situational awareness of an urban driver in a game.

Yep...someone else has driving issues too, glad I'm not the only one. But I can fly much better then I can drive, go figure. In 'Sleeping Dogs' ( story based in Hong Kong ) I created chaos and mayhem because it took me a while to figure out 'they' were driving on the 'wrong' side of the road...or would that be the correct side of the road? dunno, anyway...I sure didn't get off to a good start. yeah, yeah, I'm sure some of you else where in the world will dis-agree...what ever. :rolleyes:

no offence but this cyberpunk not grand theft auto. I hope they let you Pilot all the vehicles , I would love too pilot an AV in this game (that is an aerodyne flying car for those not in the know) . they said they where going too bring all the gear and vehicles from all the Chrome books..(which is a shit ton of gear.) I keep my fingers crossed and hope this is true.
Post automatically merged:

as long as Ii can do or be involved in something like this in game I will be happy

I think that would be bad ass too start off as low level punker and work your way up into a solo career. your a nobody with no gun, and no eddies,, and no street rep, maybe you have too steal your first bike or maybe you worked at MC job, for it. perhaps the first gun you buy is some cheap polymer one shot or maybe you stole that too. either way a hood rat needs too cut his teeth in this world.

Last edited:
Top Bottom