Let's talk about vehicles

+

What do you think about flying vehicles?

• We should be able to fly, buy, and rent them

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • We shouldn't have them

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • We should fly them but in story only.

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
Just going to post this here:

cover-r4x3w1000-59d366c81fc8a-bladerunner2049.jpg

Guest 4211861

I like the car, it's just muscle americana madness.

I'd be ok with maybe 12-15 different vehicles to choose from, a bike, an armored van, a sports sedan with a powerful engine, that thing from the trailer.

I don't need the "GTA I can drive any vehicle because I'm f***in God" BS

At no point did I ever care about having a vehicle in this game. It just means you'll be able to get from point A to point B without dealing with stuff in between. And I'd be fine with that, except that developing the vehicles takes resources away from the development of said content between point A and point B.

I love the car in the trailer, but I do hope they add in more vehicles the player can own. For me an open world cyberpunk game should cover the genre vehicle standards: a muscle car (in trailer), a luxury car, a box van, a beefy chopper style bike, an Akira style futuristic crotch rocket type bike, a VTOL vehicle of some kind, and then a overly small cheap car. Supply a system where the vehicles can be modded with armor, weapons, ai/pilot utilities, anything else is gravy.

This is a message to CD projekt Red, please please please could you please make the steering in the vehicle's mouse controlled? I am a quadriplegic with basically no hand motor functions, I cannot use a keyboard to steer vehicles and I cannot hold a controller. I use a trackball mouse to steer vehicles in games such as Grand Theft Auto [pretty much the ONLY game that allows it] and I am amazing at it to be honest . However most games I have tried to play that have vehicles in them do not allow for mouse control steering, CD projekt Red I am begging you as a gamer for over 30 years and a disabled gamer for 22 can you please for the love of all disabled gamers make the steering mouse controlled?

This is a message to CD projekt Red, please please please could you please make the steering in the vehicle's mouse controlled? I am a quadriplegic with basically no hand motor functions, I cannot use a keyboard to steer vehicles and I cannot hold a controller. I use a trackball mouse to steer vehicles in games such as Grand Theft Auto [pretty much the ONLY game that allows it] and I am amazing at it to be honest . However most games I have tried to play that have vehicles in them do not allow for mouse control steering, CD projekt Red I am begging you as a gamer for over 30 years and a disabled gamer for 22 can you please for the love of all disabled gamers make the steering mouse controlled?

I am always supportive of disabled gamers, so I hope your plea will be heard and you can enjoy the game like anyone else. It would be great if the controls could be adjusted in such a way if that is also possible in GTA.

I hope we can actually control flying cars, not just a cinematic Taxi service

They said on Rockpapershotgun that you can't:

RPS: Will you be able to fly the flying cars? I need a straight answer.
Pietras: Current means of transportation that I can tell you about, that we are sure of, and that we know we can share with you: obviously you can walk on foot, you can drive a car, and you can drive a motorcycle. When it comes to AVs [aerial vehicles], yes, there will be moments when you will be able to fly AVs but you’re not going to be able to control it because if you refer to the source material, AVs are like the most expensive things in the Cyberpunk 2020 world.
RPS: So it’ll be limited.
Pietras: Yeah. And heavily connected to the story, because this is still the societal struggle, right? Because you’re starting the game as V, who has nothing, and is trying to make a mark in the world, starting from the bottom up.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/06/14/cyberpunk-2077-interview-e3-2018/

They said on Rockpapershotgun that you can't:

RPS: Will you be able to fly the flying cars? I need a straight answer.
Pietras: Current means of transportation that I can tell you about, that we are sure of, and that we know we can share with you: obviously you can walk on foot, you can drive a car, and you can drive a motorcycle. When it comes to AVs [aerial vehicles], yes, there will be moments when you will be able to fly AVs but you’re not going to be able to control it because if you refer to the source material, AVs are like the most expensive things in the Cyberpunk 2020 world.
RPS: So it’ll be limited.
Pietras: Yeah. And heavily connected to the story, because this is still the societal struggle, right? Because you’re starting the game as V, who has nothing, and is trying to make a mark in the world, starting from the bottom up.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/06/14/cyberpunk-2077-interview-e3-2018/
Damn

I'm personally curious if you'll ultimately get to choose your ride since they've said there will be "many different vehicles."
Would be cool to have the ability to buy your ride, just like buying your cybernetics.

Even I have to admit that the car looks awesome, and I'm not a car person at all. Like... At all. That car was definitely one of the highlights in that trailer :D It even looks so cool, that I'm not sure if I need/want an option to modify it :unsure: Haven't had time to think about that any closer yet. Maybe not a bad idea?

Oh gosh, please no... Everyone loves Roach, that horse is legendary... But do we really want a car that gets stuck everywhere and moves sideways or upside down? Hmm... At least the Cyberpunk environment could explain flying cars :unsure:
lol

I'm sure I heard the motorcycles will be similar to the chopper in Akira. My all time favourite anime and character-vehicle design.

i love the car too!
Strangely enough it remind me of a cross between Mad Max's V8 interceptor (the road warrior), which is fitting considering Nomads and an old Atari gaming console :p

From what I gathered from different interviews, there'll be differnt cars, bikes etc, and that they'll be mainly the means of transport, not some essential part of the game, as they are in GTA like titles. I'm really hoping for a cool motorbike.

Top Bottom