Let's talk harmony

+

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Do you feel the change was necessary?

Something had to be done, yes. But *that* was overkill (as usual). What's worse (for ST, at least) is that every faction got buffed, which actually makes Harmony fine in the current meta because every deck can compete now. Well, expect Harmony, ironically. I would almost think CDPR is doing this on purpose to cycle through all the factions. We have seen the rise and fall of every faction a few times already. Skellige is back again. Hurray.

Of course it was necessary. To teach us about the unjust world. As in harmony nerf vs. SK hotfix just now ;)

According to some the SK hotfix is a temporary patch until they can rework Second Wind and other similar leader abilities. I saw this on Ace of Plays community message on youtubes earlier.

At first i thought this nerf might be a good solution, but when i tried it, it just felt bad. I like ME+Waters combo and i don't want it ti disappear, but it is just too problematic and it has to go. ME should get a provision cap!

To my mind it would be completely sufficient to make an artefact out of water of brokilion.

The row limitation is to my mind unfair. As harmony is comparable to thrive and assimilate in terms of achieving it.

Guest 4404014

Removing Mystic Echo & Water of Brokilon synergy would have killed harmony - if not as thoroughly - then just as surely as this.

I think a change like Waters to "spawn two Dryads and dmg them by 1" (water hangover effect ;)) with some small provision buff and/or removing a one harmony tag from something (Hawks, maybe?) would do just fine. Or, in fact, no change would also be good. With so much power creep in MM, old harmony would not be so op now anyway.

Removing Mystic Echo & Water of Brokilon synergy would have killed harmony - if not as thoroughly - then just as surely as this.
Well now they just killed Harmony for every other ST Leader instead, making it only somewhat playable with the broken ME Double Waters Combo, harmony was never considered Overpowered on any other Leader.

It still confuses me why the heck they tought that Renew & Hanmarvyns Blue Dream where problematic and needed a Nerf while leaving other high provision Gold replays especially on Tudor Leaders possible, adding a provision Limit to those would probably solve a lot of problems and they could probably also buff the Leaders provision bonus again.

Last edited:
Revert nerf of harmony. Redesgin ME to what already exist in this game 'Wildcard' which has a provision limit of 10, and gives 2 coin if the card played is below provision limit.

I didn't think there was anything wrong AT ALL with "harmony". It's a lot weaker than Thrive and either on par or slightly stronger than Assimilate and Intimidate (which are both more like Symbiosis). I could see how MEcho WoB replay was a bit oppressive, even though personally I loved seeing 4 fledlings (or even just 2) played into a defender in R3 and burning them with Schirru, but this pretty clearly was the worst way to go about fixing it. Instead of fixing the actual issue, they just went after ST, because "Look, there's so much green at the top," without any consideration for the "green" that's been at the bottom since Beta.

Can't kill what's already dead... ;)
? What's that supposed to mean, do you want to imply that it was bad on other Leaders it definitely wasn't, was running a Call of Harmony Deck in the last season on Pro and it did amazingly well and added a lot more flexibility in Combos than ME without relying on a Broken Double Waters Combo which dominated the Meta for almost a year.

Last edited:
? What's that supposed to mean, do you want to imply that it was bad on other Leaders it definitely wasn't, was running a Call of Harmony Deck in the last season on Pro and it did amazingly well and added a lot more flexibility in Combos than ME without relying on a Broken Double Waters Combo which dominated the Meta for almost a year.
Be that as it may, win rate data places CoH in the 40-45% range over the last few seasons, which I wouldn't call "amazingly well."

Be that as it may, win rate data places CoH in the 40-45% range over the last few seasons, which I wouldn't call "amazingly well."
"amazingly well" was maybe a bit to over euphoric but what I meant was that saying harmony was only successfully usable in a double Waters Deck just isn't true, but I guess that's just the current Gwent player base mentality that if something isn't Overpowered it must be crap.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Maybe the Harmony nerf was a bit too much. But on a personal level, i was so sick of those goddamn cards and seeing them again and again for months on end, that im glad they killed it, i rather have it completely dead than still powerful (sorry to ST players :shrug:)

Top Bottom