Lets Talk Immersion...

+
Immersion breaking? Don't even get me started. Everything in the game except for the story line are Immersion BREAKING!

• A random cloth with no attachment can provide more armor points than a bulletproof vest?
  • My legendary cybernetic subdermal armor provides only 200 armor points while my cloth headband with no attachment can already provides 40?
  • Some enemy use some kind of prosthesis legs set that looks like a pair of bodkin? How do they even walk without pinning themselves into the ground?
  • Most of my V's body is composed with cybernetic gears but when taking damage, just inhale/inject some med kit or even eat some food if out of combat, then you are good to go?
  • And if med kit is that good then why can't I just use it on Jackie? Damn! I got about 100 med kits at the time! DAMN IT!!!!!! ARE YOU OK JACKIE? HOW ABOUT I GET YOU A MED KIT? I GOT SPARE ONE, SERIOUSLY, TAKE IT! NO? THEN HOW ABOUT EAT SOME PIZZA? OR HOTDOG? TO HEAL YOU! I GOT SOME PACKS OF RAMMME TOO, I KNOW YOU FANCY ASIAN FOOD, STILL NO? WAS IT BECAUSE I COULDN'T SERVE YOU WITH A PAIR OF CHOPSTICKS? DAMN IT...

Night City itself is great and gorgeous - you can spend a lot of time just exploring it and after a few minutes of playing I generally get into the immersive "zone" because of this.

If I nitpick, it's the fact that in general it seems like 98% of Nightcity is inhabited by crooks wanted by the NCPD - at least those are the people I can interact with (and who shoot at me for getting to close to them) so it's a very repetitive ineraction after the first few times you do some bounties. So to balance it out there has to be some actually "nice" people to talk with maybe somewhere because all I see is crooks. Please?

---This brings me to data shards and BDs - there is so much potential to be had there with those two instruments, like maybe you could pick up data shards and go into virtual environments to experience them for mini-quests?

That's another point. I get that shooting is one of our main gameplay loops, and I sure as hell am not the guy who wants to "talk it out" with violent gang members that are ripping each others implants out. But, ever thought about more options to use our social stats to actually solve conflicts not with guns? I mean there are some story missions, sure, but that would have been a great addition. Thinking of Fallout, Mass Effect, etc there was definitely situations in which you could walk up to people and talk to them. Idk, there are lots of ways that could have happened. Use intimidation or pick the right options with the right cool stats, draw your weapon fast enough (reflex stat) or crack your muscles (body stat high enough).

I have an average system, 1660ti. Have the PC set at 3840, HDMI to 175 watt AVR to a 65" 4k, game set to 3850 and HIGH with a few lows advised. I am amazed at the graphic quality with no fps issues that I can notice. The only bug I have seen is a few duplicate mindless nNPRs right next to each other. It's funny. And one guy sitting in the air. Made me laugh. 40 hours.

Yeah game is great but it does need some more work put into it in terms of immersion with the food, the looks, eating and drinking, and of course the bugs. I think the game is only gonna get better from here It shouldn't be a problem for them to add in the extra stuff. Can't wait for DLC.

good to see someone else pointing out the lack of Ripperdoc animations/cut scenes. one would think giving up an entire part of your body at least warrents a cutscene for the initial removal and placement of Cyber arm or leg. but no. just a click.
well this will be incredible but is too much work and money i think, maybe you sit in the bank and put the monitor in front of you to pick what you want with and animation with your hand please, anesthesia and its done, this could be ok.

Immersion is...

Running down the street and smack into a floating cigarette. Yep, damn thing stopped me in my tracks.

Shooting out a window on a mission to gain entry into a building out in the desert, I shoot the window out and ... Whoooosh! I find my self three hundred meters away. Must be some awesome physics on that glass. I'm on a 34 inch Alienware curved widescreen, and I'm here to tell you, that was impressive. Almost made me sick. *motion blur is now turned off, thank you very much*

Running down the sidewalk to meet someone, go by some police standing near by and all of a sudden you get the 'alert' sound, red exclamations over the police and...they all start shooting at you? What? This has happened to me quite a few times, so now if I see a group of police ahead of me, I do avoid them.

Hearing strange voices in game downtown. 'Hi Friend! I look around and there is no one there...no one! Just some NPC's walking around. I go a little further, 'HEY! I'm speaking to YOU! I look around, no one there, except more distant NPC's. OK, I'm in my mid- sixties, I'm already concerned about this 'hearing voices' thing at my age, like...I really need this, right?

Get into a fight, the bad guy is behind a large AC unit shooting through it and making good hits on me. But I can't shoot back at him. I must have missed the memo on this one, but other then that, I'm having a great time,

Oh, if anyone is curious, I am on a PC.

*que: 'Twilight Zone' music*

Running down the sidewalk to meet someone, go by some police standing near by and all of a sudden you get the 'alert' sound, red exclamations over the police and...they all start shooting at you? What? This has happened to me quite a few times, so now if I see a group of police ahead of me, I do avoid them.

Technically in parts of America this could be working as intended...

NO REFLECTION! I love the game so far. But the biggest twist was when Jackie was by the window with his amazing reflection and I was next to him and realized I'm a vampire. Please...Please...Please add reflections for V. The whole reason for first person was immersion. Having no reflections, in an extremely reflection focused game (lights, water, people, windows, roads, etc.), immediately breaks that immersion.

What breaks my immersion is that HORRID grainy effect (EVEN WITH GRAIN TURNED OFF IN SETTINGS) that seems to be reflected off every part of Night City at certain angles, and the streets are the main issue.

I know pc players might have settings to fix this, but I'm on console and it's just god-awful at times. Why they decided to force this visual effect on us is beyond reason.

I'm sorry to do this, but it warrants mention on almost every level.

I would argue that whatever goes wrong in Cyberpunk needs to be set against this. This is quite possibly the most immersion-breakin (and most awesome) bug I have ever seen in gaming:

I'm sorry to do this, but it warrants mention on almost every level.

I would argue that whatever goes wrong in Cyberpunk needs to be set against this. This is quite possibly the most immersion-breakin (and most awesome) bug I have ever seen in gaming:

Yep, that would do it! LOL!

I had issues and bugs that first day and 2, but now when I fire up it's all good. I didn't realise that due to a legacy card next to my card, it hadn' tinstalled the new driver, but undid it and was no a 2017, now shit's good and I am immersed like a motherf*cker.. In fact, I am so immersed, I'd bone that Jude? all dayy long with my tongue, and my character is a lass.. but they had chemistry yo!! ,p We both knew the tongue game is coming out in the future after some sushi and a movie, in opposite order!

Other gangs just attacking you for no reason in game, doesnt make any sense and should have been told in the main story. Barely saw anything from the voodoo/6th street/mox and more gangs anywhere just know that they exist from reading the manual and seeing them on the map, but have NO clue about them or what they do or why they are hostile to me. That couldve been atleast 3 missions which is quite the miss imo

Well I love this game. The atmosphere the level of detail is UNMATCHED. Some things break the immersion though yes. For me its mostly smaller things though.
When I look out the window and I see cars on the freeway and they disappear and appear and in one spot the cars always come to a halt even though nothing is in their way thats bad.
Or during a dialogue an npc spawns and floats away. Or the waitress returns and writes sth. returns returns always the same animation. Just let her appear once or twice then never again, easy. It feels like many things they have created have never been checked again for years?!

To improve immersion we need option to disable floation quest icon and arrowheads above some npcs first, second would be slow walking, than can we talk about everything else.

There are a lot of immersion breaking things in this game, which made it mostly unplayable for me at this point. But the first big immersion breaking encounter for me was one of these police contracts, with that blue skull on the map. I had to clear a territory from gang members, and kill their leader or something. It was very difficult, they had some hostages too. I received a police message saying that they need help and the use of force is permitted. Then I apparently injured one of the hostages with a grenade or with a shotgun, I don't remember, but the police immediately spawned behind me and started shooting, getting me caught in the crossfire between them and ganks, all of them trying to kill me only. I was like - wtf? They cannot deal with this gang themselves, and are asking for help, but when I injure a hostage, they somehow find some assets to hunt down and kill me?

Last edited:
Top Bottom