Lets Talk Immersion...

+
V slept sideways on his comfy bed without using pillows and half his body out...

NPC popping and disappearing intermittently out of thin air..

Vehicles weigh like tissue papers and dead body ragdolls so "realistically"..

Unable to shoot the tyres/tires of the vehicle to make them skid or crash...

So many parked bikes on the street but never seen one on the road except myself...

ETC ETC ETC could list till tomorrow.....
Post automatically merged:

What breaks my immersion is the headache I get from my eyes trying focus and re-focus on this blurry, muddy mess of a game. And I'm playing on a Series X. I'd hate to be on last gen - which is the gen is was designed for, ironically.

That is due to DLSS... Turn that off (if you can) and the problem goes away.. But it will make lower end PC or last gen console unplayable though...

Holy sh*t so glad I am not the only one bothered by the entire lack of any sort of Role Playing element.

Breaking immersion is punching a dude on a wheel chair, and him standing up and running away :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note though, if by any chance a CDPR Representaive is looking at this, here's what the game NEEDS. I'd rather wait a full extra year for them to implement these things than have this half-baked version out now. And note that I wasn't hyped for CP2077. I just waited for it like any other game. I had NO huge expectations. But I expected the bare minimum that makes an RPG decent.

Limited Character Customization:
In a game whose futuristic culture is that anyone can be anything, the customization options are extremely limited to a few preset body parts. You have a few skin tones, a few noses to choose from, a few jaw options. There is no slider to anything. There is no color palette. You can only choose between a few colors and a few duplicate hairs. There are no synthetic parts and no body types to choose from.

Worst of all, there is no option to change your appearance. Nowhere does it say that making your character is final and cannot be changed. Chose a crappy hair color due to the bad lighting in the Character Creator room? You are stuck with it for life. Want to cut your beard? You can't. Cut your nails? You can't. However, what you CAN do is easily swap around your entire nervous system, replace your skeleton, add implants in your hands and change your eyeballs. Seriously, in a game that advertised adversity and extravagant futuristic styles, not only did I expect an option to change appearance, but I believed that you could even UNLOCK new hair styles, beards, colors, and swap them freely. There is absolutely no point as to why we can't change looks. If you wear a cap, even if your hair is short, you suddenly grow hair that is tied up to a ponytail which is finely added into cutscenes, mirrors and Photo Mode. This means that changing looks wasn't a technical difficulty, but rather a stupid omission by CDPR.

Other than a few good options that haven't been done before I find Character Creation lacking and the absence of re-customization sad. (i.e. Props to adding nail length and colors, that should be a MUST in first person games, where you see your hands up close pretty much 100% of the time. Rings and hand tattoos would be sick too).

No Character Freedom, Background or Story:
Your background (Streetkid, Corpo, Nomad) has zero effect on... pretty much everything. The only thing that changes is the first few minutes of the Introduction and a few dialogue options that lead to the same outcome anyway. So, you wanted to make a Nomad and reach Night City. Be someone from the "outside," with no connections, who is trying to make his luck in this megalopolis? It doesn't matter. As soon as you finish the Intro, you instantly become best buddies with Jackie Welles and every sneaky "fixer" in the city suddenly trusts you with very sensitive missions. You are given a nice apartment, a car, a unique gun and money. There is absolutely no RPG element in this kind of scenario. No matter who you choose to be, a cutscene commences that bypasses all RPG elements (building trust with other characters) and throws you in a linear story path. After the Intro, whether you chose to be Corpo or a Streetkid, you are exactly the same. You wake up in the same apartment and proceed to the rest of the game the same. You are bombarded with side missions from fixers of certain areas as if you were their best buddy, even if you were a Nomad who just hit town.

Beautiful yet Soulless World:
Night City is amazing visually. Flashing screens with crazy ads, flying drones, futuristic cars, amazing interiors, extravagant people walking its streets. The basis is there. Unfortunately, that's all there is to it. Nice to the eye. The NPCs can't be interacted with. They also don't interact with their environment. Just slashed someone with a Katana? Well, the sushi seller next to him keeps selling Sushi, and the beggar casually repeats the same "begging for money" dialogue.

No Immersion!!
Which leads to the game having little to no immersion. No matter what you do, nothing responds to you. There is no feedback from the environment. You park your car on the sidewalk, and because you slightly touch the road, cars pause and form a gigantic line behind you. Nobody attempts to bypass you. You may point a gun at them and they don't "gun it." They just stay there like soulless dolls. They stand in the middle of a gun fight, they don't run, they don't take cover, they don't thank you for saving them. You can't even interact with the Main Story characters outside the main Story. NPCs have nothing to say or do.

- Food Stalls and other shops are just passive inventory vendors. Bars, Clubs and Restaurants are obsolete since they only have an inventory NPC-Bartender to transfer items. There is no interacting, no sitting, no drinking, no eating, no relaxing and taking in the environment at a bench.

There are NO animations of drinking, eating, going to a ripperdoc. EVERYTHING is just "Transfer" UI. There's no CRAFTING bench. You just craft things with 1-click. Where is the immersion in this?

- In such a dark themed world where plastic boob ads and half-naked people are everywhere, there is absolutely nobody to hook up with. Just 2 Joytoys that instantly transfer you into a 20 seconds clip of you having sex with them. No interaction. They don't even recognize you if you pass by, even if you f*ed them 10 times. It feels like they are there just to say that you can "have sex" in the trailers.

- Drug dealers sell literal candies, sodas and fruits. Where is smoking? Where is snorting crazy expensive drugs? (with animations)!

-There's no vehicle customization or dealerships. Seriously? In such a futuristic setting, that would be a MUST. It would also make sense to enter a garage, get a new car color and the cops losing you. It would make sense to recolor your car in 2 seconds! Where is the futuristic tuning? In depth car modification?

- No apartment choice. Just disgusting. There's also no customization in your apartment at all. On their trailers they showed a clip where you actually get to choose a rich villa if you want to live the high life. Lies. A well-placed clip to make you think that it would be an option. Well, it is not. Why can't I go online and buy a new house at a different neighborhood?

- No gang reputation, no choosing a gang and killing for them, no affiliations with dangerous people. No karma system. No appropriate to your choices reactions by people.

- No sense of fear walking in the City. You can punch a muscle-bound freak NPC and they run like scared chickens. Nobody fights you. All they do is run or cower indefinitely.

- No minigames! Is it so hard to play some slots? Game machines are EVERYWHERE. Is it so hard to play some Poker in a small room behind a bar? Where are darts or a pool table. These minigames could add hundreds of hours of gameplay! I spent ~10 hours in RDR2 just playing Poker!

- Many more: Can't shoot tyres, driving is not immersive. Taking the camera away and looking back, it spawns different NPCs. You might look left before crossing the road, then right, then back left again and suddenly 2 cars are other out of nowhere, almost hitting you.

Also, something that destroyed immersion for me was the fact that there is no toggle walk option. So there I am, like an id*ot, running everywhere. You want to follow a walking NPC? You have to spam "W." Looking for someone inside a club? You have to run over the tables and step on the couches just because you can't control your speed. It is MIND BLOWING that such an option was forgotten by CDPR.

This lack of interactiveness ultimately makes the world feel hollow.
It feels dead. It feels unfinished. It feels like a linear action shooter. Like Call of Duty in the future.

Terrible Police AI
The equivalent to "wanted" is a cop suddenly spawning behind you, chasing you down. I am not even gonna go there. Where's our wanted system? Hiding or taking on the cops that arrive on scene? For me, that's literally unfinished work. They literally left the Police system out.

Stealth is Weird
You pretty much always have to use vending machines as distractions to make the enemies move in order to kill them. Same drill every time. I don't like the fact that even if you have a Knife equipped, there are no special killing blows. Your stealth-kill is always breaking their neck, no matter the weapon you hold. Thus, no awesome way to decapitate enemies from Stealth. No amazing aerial kills. You can attack them with a Katana with a simple M1 attack and pray for a 1-shot hit. The keybind for a stealth kill is always breaking their neck.

Also, a silenced handgun from Stealth (even with the Perks) won't kill with headshots. it just injures the enemy and starts combat. WHERE is the Stealth??

Some positives:
+Voice acting is decent
+Main characters are memorable
+Keanu Reeves is just breathtaking

Honestly, Reeves is amazing. And I am kind of sad that the game wasn't the game of the century that everyone expected. It might be weird but I am sad that the game flopped because Keanu really enjoyed being part of it. Feels like the company let him down. Well, I want him to know that he is probably the only best thing in the game!

I so badly wanted the above to exist, because that would be the ultimate RPG. Probably game of the decade. It is even sadder knowing that the basis IS there, but they simply left these things out. They did 50% of the work, leaving the other 50%, the soul, out. Unfortunately, I am afraid that we won't see these things guys. We might get the toggle walk and changing appearance, and I am certain that they will fix performance and bugs, I've no doubt about that, but I highly doubt that they will add the things we want. It would require acknowledging their mistake and making strong changes to the game's core.

I left the game to wait for some of these to be added, because I know if I finish it now I won't return to it. Won't refund it.

That's all.

Last edited:
Un-intimidating looking female character goes by gym with a ton of muscle freaks pumping iron. Punches punching bag once and they literally all run for their lives...

So what breaks your immersion so far?

The parts you can simply appreciate are pretty good.
But everything we do "play" the game ourselves is not okay. It's sloppy.
This is just unfinished.

V slept sideways on his comfy bed without using pillows and half his body out...

NPC popping and disappearing intermittently out of thin air..

Vehicles weigh like tissue papers and dead body ragdolls so "realistically"..

Unable to shoot the tyres/tires of the vehicle to make them skid or crash...

So many parked bikes on the street but never seen one on the road except myself...

ETC ETC ETC could list till tomorrow.....

That is due to DLSS... Turn that off (if you can) and the problem goes away.. But it will make lower end PC or last gen console unplayable though...
I played on Series X. Digital Foundry said it is due to the "heavy-handed" TAA. Which of course is heavy-handed to hide the low-resolution jaggies/visuals.

I'm riding shotgun as Panam drives her vehicle to the enemy hideout. We crash the entrance, hop out to the truck guns blazing, but unfortunately I get in over my head and the enemy guns me down.

Sucks, but no big deal. Let's load up the checkpoint...

Wait... why am I sitting in the driver's seat... at the same time Panam is driving??? I mean, yeah, I was trying to get up inside of her earlier, but this isn't what I had in mind!

lol piramidion, well, you injurnig poor citizens, punk!?! Nah, but turn down your difficulty if you think it sucks? I mean come on, this ISN'T about being super realistic.. in case you ddint' notice, it uses the good ol' classic RPG games of having MASSIVE POCKETS .. and we run around with 20 guns in our backpak of magic! :D

Just go with it.. I mean, just don't look up for info on the internet, play and realise you should play the game for a reron on the other toons to know what to do, and you will quickly realise it IS immersive as hell.. anyway,
I am playing on hard, might do very hard once I played this game a LOT.. not realyl hard at all, except for things like that.. hit a civ in there and you will get that reaction.. turn it down if you don't like it (and turn it back up or somehting). I did my first gang area like that on day 1-2, was level 2 (am now 6 :p) and I spent a day figuring out the game and how to do it.. in the end it wasn't too bad, I just was picking up the game idiosyncracies. Had a cyberpunk which could move fast as lightning (did idd idddididd da) but ya.. got nice dosh and am just enjoying the game.

Been to a ripperdoc, got some new eyes... no more chair animation to install them... Like I get it could be annoying if you're constantly going to get upgrades (which, how when upgrades expensive but digress), but c'mon, just an animation of you sittin' in the chair and fading to black is pretty nice too
With skippable option for it with 'C'.

Yeah this is what I was looking for someone to say rather than complaining about the bugs, like yes there are bugs, they'll work on them. The features are what I was worried about in the game, being able to sit down anywhere, looking in the glove compartment of the car, having the car break down, V talking to themself when walking down the street or driving, putting the window down, pedal animations when driving vehicle or honking, actually being able to talk to npcs and not have them look at you like an idiot. EATING and DRINKING animations are a must but I guess not apparently. I struggle very much finding any damn parking in this shithole of a city, yeah my car can find me but I wanna find my car like old times if traffic is too heavy everywhere. I wish there were more weapon animations, like pressing R would make you check the cylinder of a revolver and spin it. :think:
Agreed. So much to work on, so much we actually saw in trailers only to be taken out.
For what it worth, you can honk with your car with CTRL or ALT (forgot...) and I accidentally triggered an animation somehow where I checked the gun even tho it was fully loaded.

But yes. I want an official statement that the cut content and more will be added in.

lol piramidion, well, you injurnig poor citizens, punk!?! Nah, but turn down your difficulty if you think it sucks? I mean come on, this ISN'T about being super realistic.. in case you ddint' notice, it uses the good ol' classic RPG games of having MASSIVE POCKETS .. and we run around with 20 guns in our backpak of magic! :D

Just go with it.. I mean, just don't look up for info on the internet, play and realise you should play the game for a reron on the other toons to know what to do, and you will quickly realise it IS immersive as hell.. anyway,
I am playing on hard, might do very hard once I played this game a LOT.. not realyl hard at all, except for things like that.. hit a civ in there and you will get that reaction.. turn it down if you don't like it (and turn it back up or somehting). I did my first gang area like that on day 1-2, was level 2 (am now 6 :p) and I spent a day figuring out the game and how to do it.. in the end it wasn't too bad, I just was picking up the game idiosyncracies. Had a cyberpunk which could move fast as lightning (did idd idddididd da) but ya.. got nice dosh and am just enjoying the game.
Lol, we're talking about immersion here. The game is too easy and too boring/repetitive even on the hardest difficulty, and immersion breaking is cops teleporting from nowhere and killing me while I'm trying to do their freaking job which they asked me to. It is not "immersive like hell", it's not immersive AT ALL.

The main thing that I demand CDPR to fix immediately is Cops system, why there is no police car driving into the crime scene and start shooting instead of teleporting out of nowhere, MaxTac and Trauma team are also a letdown, no landing into crimescene like the first time you saw them with jackie. Maxtac is also way too op, you don't have a change against them in hardmode. TBH every AI in this game deserves a rework, they are too stupid, and their physics are very unimpressive. They need to use a better engine rework totally. These stuffs must be fixed first before they could rolled out more dlc and expansion, or even multiplayer.

I played on Series X. Digital Foundry said it is due to the "heavy-handed" TAA. Which of course is heavy-handed to hide the low-resolution jaggies/visuals.

TAA is a culprit.. but DLSS is another one. I've tried disabling DLSS and image are much sharper and detail. You can definitely try it but you will have to disable Ray Tracing to be able to play smoothly without DLSS.

Holy sh*t so glad I am not the only one bothered by the entire lack of any sort of Role Playing element.

Breaking immersion is punching a dude on a wheel chair, and him standing up and running away :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note though, if by any chance a CDPR Representaive is looking at this, here's what the game NEEDS. I'd rather wait a full extra year for them to implement these things than have this half-baked version out now. And note that I wasn't hyped for CP2077. I just waited for it like any other game. I had NO huge expectations. But I expected the bare minimum that makes an RPG decent.

In a game whose futuristic culture is that anyone can be anything, the customization options are extremely limited to a few preset body parts. You have a few skin tones, a few noses to choose from, a few jaw options. There is no slider to anything. There is no color palette. You can only choose between a few colors and a few duplicate hairs. There are no synthetic parts and no body types to choose from.

Worst of all, there is no option to change your appearance. Nowhere does it say that making your character is final and cannot be changed. Chose a crappy hair color due to the bad lighting in the Character Creator room? You are stuck with it for life. Want to cut your beard? You can't. Cut your nails? You can't. However, what you CAN do is easily swap around your entire nervous system, replace your skeleton, add implants in your hands and change your eyeballs. Seriously, in a game that advertised adversity and extravagant futuristic styles, not only did I expect an option to change appearance, but I believed that you could even UNLOCK new hair styles, beards, colors, and swap them freely. There is absolutely no point as to why we can't change looks. If you wear a cap, even if your hair is short, you suddenly grow hair that is tied up to a ponytail which is finely added into cutscenes, mirrors and Photo Mode. This means that changing looks wasn't a technical difficulty, but rather a stupid omission by CDPR.

Other than a few good options that haven't been done before I find Character Creation lacking and the absence of re-customization sad. (i.e. Props to adding nail length and colors, that should be a MUST in first person games, where you see your hands up close pretty much 100% of the time. Rings and hand tattoos would be sick too).

Your background (Streetkid, Corpo, Nomad) has zero effect on... pretty much everything. The only thing that changes is the first few minutes of the Introduction and a few dialogue options that lead to the same outcome anyway. So, you wanted to make a Nomad and reach Night City. Be someone from the "outside," with no connections, who is trying to make his luck in this megalopolis? It doesn't matter. As soon as you finish the Intro, you instantly become best buddies with Jackie Welles and every sneaky "fixer" in the city suddenly trusts you with very sensitive missions. You are given a nice apartment, a car, a unique gun and money. There is absolutely no RPG element in this kind of scenario. No matter who you choose to be, a cutscene commences that bypasses all RPG elements (building trust with other characters) and throws you in a linear story path. After the Intro, whether you chose to be Corpo or a Streetkid, you are exactly the same. You wake up in the same apartment and proceed to the rest of the game the same. You are bombarded with side missions from fixers of certain areas as if you were their best buddy, even if you were a Nomad who just hit town.

Night City is amazing visually. Flashing screens with crazy ads, flying drones, futuristic cars, amazing interiors, extravagant people walking its streets. The basis is there. Unfortunately, that's all there is to it. Nice to the eye. The NPCs can't be interacted with. They also don't interact with their environment. Just slashed someone with a Katana? Well, the sushi seller next to him keeps selling Sushi, and the beggar casually repeats the same "begging for money" dialogue.

No Immersion!!
Which leads to the game having little to no immersion. No matter what you do, nothing responds to you. There is no feedback from the environment. You park your car on the sidewalk, and because you slightly touch the road, cars pause and form a gigantic line behind you. Nobody attempts to bypass you. You may point a gun at them and they don't "gun it." They just stay there like soulless dolls. They stand in the middle of a gun fight, they don't run, they don't take cover, they don't thank you for saving them. You can't even interact with the Main Story characters outside the main Story. NPCs have nothing to say or do.

- Food Stalls and other shops are just passive inventory vendors. Bars, Clubs and Restaurants are obsolete since they only have an inventory NPC-Bartender to transfer items. There is no interacting, no sitting, no drinking, no eating, no relaxing and taking in the environment at a bench.

There are NO animations of drinking, eating, going to a ripperdoc. EVERYTHING is just "Transfer" UI. There's no CRAFTING bench. You just craft things with 1-click. Where is the immersion in this?

- In such a dark themed world where plastic boob ads and half-naked people are everywhere, there is absolutely nobody to hook up with. Just 2 Joytoys that instantly transfer you into a 20 seconds clip of you having sex with them. No interaction. They don't even recognize you if you pass by, even if you f*ed them 10 times. It feels like they are there just to say that you can "have sex" in the trailers.

- Drug dealers sell literal candies, sodas and fruits. Where is smoking? Where is snorting crazy expensive drugs? (with animations)!

-There's no vehicle customization or dealerships. Seriously? In such a futuristic setting, that would be a MUST. It would also make sense to enter a garage, get a new car color and the cops losing you. It would make sense to recolor your car in 2 seconds! Where is the futuristic tuning? In depth car modification?

- No apartment choice. Just disgusting. There's also no customization in your apartment at all. On their trailers they showed a clip where you actually get to choose a rich villa if you want to live the high life. Lies. A well-placed clip to make you think that it would be an option. Well, it is not. Why can't I go online and buy a new house at a different neighborhood?

- No gang reputation, no choosing a gang and killing for them, no affiliations with dangerous people. No karma system. No appropriate to your choices reactions by people.

- No sense of fear walking in the City. You can punch a muscle-bound freak NPC and they run like scared chickens. Nobody fights you. All they do is run or cower indefinitely.

- No minigames! Is it so hard to play some slots? Game machines are EVERYWHERE. Is it so hard to play some Poker in a small room behind a bar? Where are darts or a pool table. These minigames could add hundreds of hours of gameplay! I spent ~10 hours in RDR2 just playing Poker!

- Many more: Can't shoot tyres, driving is not immersive. Taking the camera away and looking back, it spawns different NPCs. You might look left before crossing the road, then right, then back left again and suddenly 2 cars are other out of nowhere, almost hitting you.

Also, something that destroyed immersion for me was the fact that there is no toggle walk option. So there I am, like an id*ot, running everywhere. You want to follow a walking NPC? You have to spam "W." Looking for someone inside a club? You have to run over the tables and step on the couches just because you can't control your speed. It is MIND BLOWING that such an option was forgotten by CDPR.

It feels dead. It feels unfinished. It feels like a linear action shooter. Like Call of Duty in the future.

Terrible Police AI
The equivalent to "wanted" is a cop suddenly spawning behind you, chasing you down. I am not even gonna go there. Where's our wanted system? Hiding or taking on the cops that arrive on scene? For me, that's literally unfinished work. They literally left the Police system out.

Stealth is Weird
You pretty much always have to use vending machines as distractions to make the enemies move in order to kill them. Same drill every time. I don't like the fact that even if you have a Knife equipped, there are no special killing blows. Your stealth-kill is always breaking their neck, no matter the weapon you hold. Thus, no awesome way to decapitate enemies from Stealth. No amazing aerial kills. You can attack them with a Katana with a simple M1 attack and pray for a 1-shot hit. The keybind for a stealth kill is always breaking their neck.

Also, a silenced handgun from Stealth (even with the Perks) won't kill with headshots. it just injures the enemy and starts combat. WHERE is the Stealth??

Some positives:
+Voice acting is decent

Honestly, Reeves is amazing. And I am kind of sad that the game wasn't the game of the century that everyone expected. It might be weird but I am sad that the game flopped because Keanu really enjoyed being part of it. Feels like the company let him down. Well, I want him to know that he is probably the only best thing in the game!

I so badly wanted the above to exist, because that would be the ultimate RPG. Probably game of the decade. It is even sadder knowing that the basis IS there, but they simply left these things out. They did 50% of the work, leaving the other 50%, the soul, out. Unfortunately, I am afraid that we won't see these things guys. We might get the toggle walk and changing appearance, and I am certain that they will fix performance and bugs, I've no doubt about that, but I highly doubt that they will add the things we want. It would require acknowledging their mistake and making strong changes to the game's core.

I left the game to wait for some of these to be added, because I know if I finish it now I won't return to it. Won't refund it.

That's all.

Well said broder... Hopefully they give us back all these features..

TAA is a culprit.. but DLSS is another one. I've tried disabling DLSS and image are much sharper and detail. You can definitely try it but you will have to disable Ray Tracing to be able to play smoothly without DLSS.

Well said broder... Hopefully they give us back all these features..

How?
If I refer to past experience with gaming, when something is cut, it's because of lack of ram (for example for animations) and Vram from consoles.
So unless they are willing to put back cut things on PC only, we're screwed because of old gen consoles.

No Immersion!!

Terrible Police AI

Stealth is Weird

Some positives:
+Voice acting is decent

That's all.
You are not alone man feel the same I LOVE THE STORY AND THE VISUALS BUT THATS ALL THERE IS NOTHING ELSE NIGHT CITY IS SHALLOW AND DEAD im scared this will be overlooked by fixing the bugs and performance? those will get fixed and will be allright but those missing mechanics AI and interaction are much bigger problem i hope it will not get overlooked and they will make the night city alive and interactive...

would love to hear some statment from CDProject on this... what we can expect and when or if the Free dlc are gonna improve on that... so we can wait in piece... And seeing how they changed from Ambitious deep RPG to Action Adventure just doesnt throw good light on this...

Fingers crossed !

Last edited:
Somewhat of what i´m missing so far personally in terms of immersion.

*** Option to toggle walk. Running everywhere is really killing my immersion and it feels intently stupid.
* Options to sit on benches, chairs, sofas wherever they are placed.
* Options to alter appearance ( Hair, hair color, piercings, tattoo shop, augmentation shop )
* Option to sit in restaurants / coffee shops and read or eat drink in peace, while reading up on the gazillion amounts of lore shards etc.
* Solid people in the streets, walking and talking. Now it´s if they are ghosts just popping in and out.
* Randomized amount of talk / response etc from AI. Hearing the same sentences every passing by get´s old fast.
* AI response to actions as gunshots, car-crashes etc.

Can't do anything in Night City just kill gang bangers and do few fetch gigs from fixers.
Why they didnt add casinos with poker or blackjack
what happened to pool or darts ?
why so many arcade cabinets and i cant play any of them
I wish i could call prostitute to my apartment and have overnight sex

Night City feels like i am playing Watchdogs there is nothing to do with city. Just look like a tourist take pictures and get out.

I could deal with that, if we had at least one mini game to gamble like Gwent in W3...

Someone wrote about too many closed doors in Night City: That's ok for me. I'm a mercenary in a big city, not a filthy thief breaking sneakypeaky into someones property. And isn't it just normal to lock your house or appartment when you leave?

Immersion regarding the surroundings and atmosphere of Night City is just fine for me. If you dont rush the questlines and take your time to explore, you may find very interesting places, small background hints and funny situations. Although you could have improved them here and there:
Minor spoilers:
Shooting competition at a 6th street party: Let me at least dance and drink a bit with the crowd.
Driving with my super expensive car into a homeless camp under a bridge: They should at least say something about my car (or me), when i leave it unguarded. etc.

Not be able to actually sit at a bar and drink is one of the bigger immersion points that sucks for me. Also sitting on chairs in general, getting new haircuts/ tattoos, toggling walk.

But overall I'm okay with the overall atmosphere. What helped me: Don't get too over informed before release, don't believe everything I read and let things come to me. Keeps your expectations low and you can't get disappointed too much. And if you see it that way, Cyberpunk is a pretty decent game.

I remember playing Fallout 3 years ago, and i went into a cave, sat down in a chair, played a holotape and just sat there listening to it, in my own time.

There are so much lore in NC, but when are you to take the time to read up on it? We could literally have weeks of just sitting by tables, laying in bed, chilling in sofas etc listening to podcasts or reading holos in our own pace, if we got the option to actually sit down and multitask.

Why not have us hold a holotape or a tablet, and let us read emails, shards, papers etc where we are out and about?

there are many good points in this video not saing wee need another gta but even one third of the stuff GTA SA has would make Cyberpunk 100% better and close to actually be a RPG

Yeah game is great but it does need some more work put into it in terms of immersion with the food, the looks, eating and drinking, and of course the bugs. I think the game is only gonna get better from here It shouldn't be a problem for them to add in the extra stuff. Can't wait for DLC.
Like Witcher3 I waited till both DLCs came out, and after I upgraded the system and played it all over again. GREAT. That and Skyrim only ones I played twice. MOst I do not finish. :)

Top Bottom