Let's talk translations and other languages

+
Hey, i am also really interested in the german voice acting in the witcher 3. I personally liked Markus Pfeiffer a little bit more than Oliver Siebeck. :)
Unfortunately i don't know a way to find out which actor is going to speak geralt. Maybe it's possible to write an e-mail to the management of both to find out if they have a part in the witcher 3?

Last edited:
Hey, i am also really interested in the german voice acting in the witcher 3. I personally liked Markus Pfeiffer a little bit more than Oliver Siebeck. :)
Unfortunately i don't know a way to find out which actor is going to speak geralt. Maybe it's possible to write an e-mail to the management of both to find out if they have a part in the witcher 3?

I don't know if the same happens in Germany, but on the English-speaking side, the leaks usually seem to come from the actors themselves, on twitter, or their facebook page, or linkedin. May be worth stalking following them for a while.

I from Brazil and I would like to share with you my happiness, because for the first time a game from The Witcher saga will come subtitled and dubbed into Brazilian Portuguese. I love CDProjekt Red and all the games from The Witcher saga, for me CDProjekt is the best producer of games on the market.

I ended up playing The Witcher 1 & 2 several times in English and in German because both versions are excellent.

Not dubbed in the most spoken language??

So disappointed with CD projekt, they even dub the game in portuguese and can't dub the game in a languaje more spoken than english like is Spanish (only exceed by chinese)?

It's like a total lack of respect for all the spanish comunity. Well good luck with the game, looks fantastic but I am gonna stick with Ubisoft or EA, their policy is horrrible but at least they translate the games completly.

I actually dont want it to be dubbed. At least in german. TW2 was ok, but I rather have the original audio. Or at least an option to play it in english.

Almost all spanish dubs are absolutely terrible anyway. If you can read, subtitles are far superior.

Oh and no, its not a lack of respect, you don't even have an idea of how they decide which languages are included or not.

Hi I'm from Brasil, and if I buy a retail version here in rio, go home happy as a kid in a toy store, only to find that its fully dubbed in shitty portuguese acting, with no option to select english audio (just like halo does every goddamn time), I swear to god I'll go on a rampage

Last edited:
I will agree with that. Please no German dub for TW3. If you (CDPR) really *must* spend money a German dub, please offer the possibility to switch to the english and polish dub (with subtitles) -as you did with TW2.

Imo this is all poor excuses 95% of games you can change the language in options, it may be some exceptions but most you can change, so if you like original language, fine, change it. The problem is that CD projekt presumes to give options to the players now with gog galaxy but they even can't provide the most basic and fundamental options to the players to fully enjoy the game like is language.

I know there is poeple that is very purist, but a lot of other can't inmerse in a game when all the time have to read subtitles. Even I know english happened me lot of times especially with rockstar games, very good games but I never can't inmerse to the story due to have to read that tiny and awful subtitles.

witcher 3 with arabic subtitle ?

after you revealed détails about pre-order i noticed that witcher 3 support arabic subtitle
can you confirm that ?
THANK YOU VERY much for making this awesome franchise

I doubt that you won't be able to choose spoken language, subtitles and texts freely. Isn't that the AAA standard today?

Personally, I want to play with English voices and German texts and subtitles. ;)

Would be quite tough to translate. I don't even know how I would say "Witcher" in Arabic. ساحار?

Anyways, I haven't heard about Arabic subtitles myself.

This is the first time in my entire life, not lying or joking, that I've seen someone that can use subtitles call dubbing a "basic and fundamental" option, seriously.

It is rather unfortunate that you require this to be immersed in the game, but lets not exaggerate things. As for now, it seems spanish is out, but don't give up hope too soon, remember the Enhanced Edition might add some languages later.

The trailer on YouTube has Arabic subtitles. As to whether the game itself will feature any, only the devs know that.

EDIT: Actually, it says right on gog's pre-order page that the game will have Arabic subtitles.

Last edited:
I trade any dubbing for good subtitles any day. There are too much spanish cheap dubbing out there.

To prefer dubbing is perfectly valid, and I understand that. But take the lack of dubbing in our laguage as disrespect is too much. Is uncalled.

I doubt that you won't be able to choose spoken language, subtitles and texts freely. Isn't that the AAA standard today?

Personally, I want to play with English voices and German texts and subtitles. ;)

No. Not in RPGs or Open World Games and mayn others since the audio files are one of the biggest on the whole disc. So there isnt enough space for multiple languages.

Since Germans don't want the game dubbed, any chance to replace it with Hungarian? :D The first Witcher had it and it was awesome. Too bad, it was probably a financial failure. :(

I will agree with that. Please no German dub for TW3. If you (CDPR) really *must* spend money a German dub, please offer the possibility to switch to the english and polish dub (with subtitles) -as you did with TW2.

What? No. :mean:

There has to be a German Dub Version.
Yeah the Dub overall is decent, but I really like the german Voice Actor for Geralt (it's the same person who voiced Ezio Auditore in AC2).

But why wouldn't you be able to change the language? You could in both Witcher 1 and 2, so why wouldn't you be able to do it in Witcher 3 as well?

No. Not in RPGs or Open World Games and mayn others since the audio files are one of the biggest on the whole disc. So there isnt enough space for multiple languages.

And what would CDP Red prevent on offering language packs online? I mean they did it for the previous Witcher games.

Last edited:
What? No. :mean:

There has to be a German Dub Version.
Yeah the Dub overall is decent, but I really like the german Voice Actor for Geralt (it's the same person who voiced Ezio Auditore in AC2).

But why wouldn't you be able to change the language? You could in both Witcher 1 and 2, so why wouldn't you be able to do it in Witcher 3 as well?

Cause TW3 will have a lot more audio files. Audiofiles for multiple languages for a game that scale would require way too much disc space.

The voices in TW2 were good, but just listening to the trailer, the original audio is way better. ( well, I dont know if english is the original or polish )

Top Bottom