Let's talk translations and other languages

+
Let's talk translations and other languages

I am Polish but live in the US and I am planning to get the Witcher 3 for the PS4. Any info whether the North American version for the PS4 will have the Polish language option?

I know the PC versions here always had that option but I am slightly worried that it might be missing from the PS4 release.

I`m afraid you`ll have to wait until more information becomes available . Right now not a lot is known .

Actually, I recently read somewhere that the xbox360 version only downloads tha language pack for your area, saving HD space and whatnot. Wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing happen for TW3. It'd be nice to get an option, though.

Well... maybe next gen ca. 2024 *smugface*

Hey, you may even get to play in 1080p by then *even smuggerer face*

I am Polish but live in the US and I am planning to get the Witcher 3 for the PS4. Any info whether the North American version for the PS4 will have the Polish language option?

I know the PC versions here always had that option but I am slightly worried that it might be missing from the PS4 release.

Thanks for your question. At this moment it's too early to talk about it because we haven't said anything about different SKUs yet, but please follow our official announcements to learn more on this topic:)

I hope CDPR delivers in this aspect.

I am pissed off to this day for being forced to play BF4 with Polish audio ONLY. No English option. It hurts.

I hope CDPR delivers in this aspect.

I am pissed off to this day for being forced to play BF4 with Polish audio ONLY. No English option. It hurts.

On PS4, if you change the language to English in your system settings, you can play the game in English. It's a hassle though and I can't be bothered to do it so I just play with Polish audio. I got used to it:sad:

On PS4, if you change the language to English in your system settings, you can play the game in English. It's a hassle though and I can't be bothered to do it so I just play with Polish audio. I got used to it:sad:

Console master race :)

Yeah, I'm getting used to it too, the localisation is pretty good I admit , they use some phrases specific for Polish pop culture(Chcieliście wydymać Freda to teraz fred wydyma was LoL :)

Polish language track in the PS4 version?

Hey fellas. :)

Just as excited as everyone else here for this game, even though there's been one thought constantly nagging in my ears. Is there any information about translations (the german one in my specific case) and voice actors?

Sorry if this post seems selfish and very specific, so feel free to pop in your translation-related questions aswell. :)

My concern is the German voice actor of Geralt. I absolutely loved the dubbed versions so far, every character was voiced by a professional voice actor, the main characters were perfectly cast and I cannot express how much I loved Geralt's voice actor in Witcher 1: Enhanced Edition. Oliver Siebeck (who also voiced Vegeta in Dragonball Z) has a fantastic vocal organ and literally sounds like a wolf. Snarling, growling, ready to strike whenever necessary. But also a bit "tired" and annoyed which fitted Geralt so well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx1Yu81ostg Just as an example.
http://youtu.be/Io6TTJ5lybY?t=3m53s
Or this small cutscene here. Hope you can see or hear what I like about it. :p

Here a comparison to Witcher 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex4SxdB3gQg
I'm not saying Markus Pfeiffer is not doing an awesome job. But imo he just is too young for that old, ragged witcher and so is his voice. Apart from that I really enjoyed the german version of W2.

So my personal biggest concern (and that just shows how much I trust you guys @CDPR ;)) is...who is gonna voice Geralt of Rivia in the third installment?
Because as much as I like the english language I cannot help myself but prefer my mothertongue which just has this lovely rusty and harsh edge to it. :) So....bring back Oliver Siebeck. Please. :D

Any information on that specific topic or any information on translations to other languages in general? :)
Feel free to comment and ask your translation questions!

Thank you very much in advance for answering these questions and thank you a thousand times for this epic soon-to-be trilogy! I'm so thrilled to bits and cannot wait to play this game!

Cheers!

We don't know the details of how many localisations there will be, but you can bet - a lot. So it is possible.

These are user/fan forums, so no, none of us are official spokesmen.
They haven't made any announcements yet about localisations or other details, so we'll all need to wait until then.

Це цілковито аполітичний форум, май це наувазі.
На території СНГ гра буде локалізована російською фірмою.
Якщо хочеш українською - шукай тих, хто дасть на це гроші.

Це цілковито аполітичний форум, май це наувазі.
На території СНГ гра буде локалізована російською фірмою.
Якщо хочеш українською - шукай тих, хто дасть на це гроші.
I'm not going to talk about politics.
Publishers make localisations for much more smaller nations than Ukraine. I'm just hoping that someday it will be made for us also.

As far as I know, all we know about localizations is found in this interview, where it's stated (if I got Google's translation right) that the game will ship simultaneously localized in twelve languages, six of which - Polish, English, French, German, Russian and Japanese - will include recorded voice-overs. And that according to Forbes, Marcin Iwiński is one of the 100 richest Poles. Huh.

These are user/fan forums, so no, none of us are official spokesmen.
They haven't made any announcements yet about localisations or other details, so we'll all need to wait until then.

Correct, unless you call the official spokesman. :cool:

So maybe @Marcin Momot could tell us what languages are currently planned to get a localization? In any case, bear in mind that we're still about 274 days until release, so things could change between now and then.

Top Bottom