Let's talk translations and other languages

+
The languages available for PS4 versions, like PC versions, depend on the region in which you buy the game. So buying in the US has different languages available than buying in the UK. I am not aware of any planned language packs, but I will check with the studio to confirm.

Well I'm from Germany and I'm fine with the german voice-over, but it would be nice to have the option to switch between the regional (in my case german) and the english language.

But this applies for me only if I acutally get the ps4 console, as I am quite unsure at the moment what to do and my PC is rather weak for the latest and upcoming games :sad:

It's seem that the UK console version of the game will not contain french voice-over and subtitles according to this article and the answer of the TW3 french facebook page despite them saying the contrary a few weeks ago:

http://elysium-gaming.fr/jeu/the-wi...witcher-3-la-version-uk-nest-pas-en-francais/

@TheEvilChris can you confirm this information ? Does the UK version at least contain some of the other european languages like italian german and spanish ? If not I think a lot of people are going to be dissapointed at the launch of the game because the only place where the CE was still available to preorder was in the United Kingdoms.

Is this possible for CDPR to release some voice pack in dlc like EA did with ME3 and Square Enix with Hitman Absolution ?

I can confirm that the UK edition does not contain French VO or text.
The UK edition contains English, Czech, Russian, Polish and Hungarian text and English, Russian and Polish VO.

The German version will have English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish text options as well as English, French, German and Polish voice over.
Sorry, no. The Italian version does not include Russian.
The UK edition contains English, Czech, Russian, Polish and Hungarian text and English, Russian and Polish VO.

I thought that there will be an option to choose any language in every version of the game. How come you didn't include this option?

Well, haven't seen this yet. Everything is really so BAD. Geralt's voice is great as usual, but the rest of the characters sound awful, vampire at 1:53 has no tone at all. And also this terrible censorship.

I have heard that the Russian version of TW3 will have strong language, it just didn't make it into the trailer. :D
The Russian voices are normal and create the necessary atmosphere. ;)

@TheEvilChris Would the U.S. version of TW3(PS4) contain a Traditional Chinese subtitles? It's inconvenient for me to buy a HK version, so that would be great if there's a Traditional Chinese subtitles in the TW3 copy bought from Amazon U.S. Could you please help to confirm this? Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Hello
I want to preorder The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for ps4
i am from Italy, and the Italy version of the game doesnt have the russian language
I want to know what versions of the game have the russian language (or the russian and italian)
Thanks

Hello
I want to preorder The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for ps4
i am from Italy, and the Italy version of the game doesnt have the russian language
I want to know what versions of the game have the russian language (or the russian and italian)
Thanks
UK version contains Russian VO and and subtitles, as EvilChris pointed out some posts ago. :)

Top Bottom