Let's talk translations and other languages

+
UK version contains Russian VO and and subtitles, as EvilChris pointed out some posts ago. :)
on email they said this: To have Russian language, you should buy the game in Russia, the Czech Republic or Hungary
I dont know where buy this game with russian language. :(

Original language / lip sync

What about languages and lip sync? is lip sync only done for the original language which is polish (or english?). I want to buy the "original" language version so lips ll by synchronized with voice. Which one is the synced version? Polish, english or all?

What about languages and lip sync? is lip sync only done for the original language which is polish (or english?). I want to buy the "original" language version so lips ll by synchronized with voice. Which one is the synced version? Polish, english or all?

The original language is Polish, but all supported languages are lipsynched separately, so it shouldn't matter. It isn't like a movie where the voice is dubbed.

Dual language ingame support?

I was wondering whether there's an option to have a separate language selected for voiceovers and the actual game.

DA:I has something like this where we can play the game in Polish, but with English voice acting.

Yes, was possible in both earlier installments. Providing you have the language packs you want to use (seems this is more restrictive than previously) then you can mix and match. I like experimenting with Polish audio (or Russian, which I speak a little), and English subtitles, just for when I feel I might have missed the gist...

In the first one the italian voiceover really sucks.
I second the request of hexaae. The game will be surely huge. I would see the gameplay scenes instead reading subtitles even if CDP uses again the same voice actor used in TW1. Please, add Italian voice actors. I pray you.

If TW3 will be also a final gift with love to the fans, please CDP, add Italian voices too and make it perfect.

Two or three users asking politely on the forums is not going to be enough to see the game get a completely new voice-over. A full localization in an additional language is such a large investment of time, money and resources that, for CDPR to even consider doing it, they have to be certain they're not wasting them on something that might not bring back anything profitable for the company and the game in question. For starters, how many people would buy the game *only* if it has an Italian voice-over is probably the first point on the list of requirements. Believe me, I think it'd be great if everyone were able to play the game in their original language, but that's the harsh truth.

A petition is considered to be the best way to show how many people are interested to see such a thing happen, but after having looked around for a bit, I believe one already exists, which also seems to be the only one (correct me if I'm wrong). And... The odds don't look too good, honestly. If you ever hope to see a full Italian localization, I'd suggest signing the petition and spreading the word in every forum and gaming site you know. I wish you good luck!

Please, add Italian to the supported voices for TW3, really...
Italian market's size is laughable. I wouldn't do an italian dubbing either if I was in their shoes.
It just doesn't make much sense from a financial standpoint.

Italian market's size is laughable. I wouldn't do an italian dubbing either if I was in their shoes.
It just doesn't make much sense from a financial standpoint.

If you go that way, why is there a french dubbing? That's 74 millions people (if you count France, Canada, Belgium, Switzerland, etc.) versus 60 for italian, not that much of a difference.

Might have to do with the availability of dubbing actors. We french are notoriously bad at foreign languages and almost every movie is dubbed, so that may be a factor. I don't know how it is in Italy.

If you go that way, why is there a french dubbing? That's 74 millions people (if you count France, Canada, Belgium, Switzerland, etc.) versus 60 for italian, not that much of a difference.

Might have to do with the availability of dubbing actors. We french are notoriously bad at foreign languages and almost every movie is dubbed, so that may be a factor. I don't know how it is in Italy.

There are probably many more factors that come into play. How well CDPR's products have sold in the region, how well the products of their local partners (which would be Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe) tend to sell, how well RPGs in general tend to sell, how well non-localized games sell compared to localized ones, these are just some of the data I expect they would consider off the top of my mind. Not putting into account variables such at the differences in the actors' average fees.

For an exaggerated example, maybe French-speaking gamers don't buy anything that isn't dubbed in French while Italians have no problems buying games with only text, hence the disparity in treatment. Or, to be more realistic, the percentage of Italian gamers who won't buy the game exclusively because of the lack of a voice-over are expected to be small enough not to warrant a voice-over, while the percentage of French gamers is.

Top Bottom