Let's talk translations and other languages

+
Yes and no. It's an "issue" related to the localization of the game. However I respect what you said. Netiquette is Netiquette.

For the English version of Witcher 3, it uses the American spelling as shown by the gameplay trailers and heavily hinted by the American system used on this website. This is incorrect and should be addressed.

I suspect that you may be in a minority on this. As a native English speaker (from England), it isn't something that's ever concerned me, and the idea that my variety of English has any kind of superiority went out of fashion a long, long time ago.

Incidentally, "it is pointless to argue with idiots" isn't considered a polite way to conduct an argument in English.

I suspect that you may be in a minority on this. As a native English speaker (from England), it isn't something that's ever concerned me, and the idea that my variety of English has any kind of superiority went out of fashion a long, long time ago.

Incidentally, "it is pointless to argue with idiots" isn't considered a polite way to conduct an argument in English.

Mate, he's an obvious troll. There's no need to answer to his post. He's not even an english native speaker, yet points fingers to mistakes and presumes to lecture a developer on some minor things. Just ignore him. -,-

and all the batman games and mass effect trilogy and many games of EA, Ubisoft, 2K Games, Microsoft, Warner Bros, Capcom, Konami, Codemasters, Namco Bandai etc.
only second-most games do not have a complete translation in italian
Italian players buy games not dubbed in their own language only when a price reduction

- RAGE
- Skyrim
- All the AC series
- Mass Effect Trilogy
- Batman series
- Lord of the Rings - War of the North
- Shadow of Mordor
- Half Life series
- Borderlands 2
- Call of Duty series
- Far Cry series
- Crysis series
- Fallout 3 and NV
- Bioshock series
- Metro 2033 and Last Light
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series
- Alien Isolation
- Doom 3
- Overlord 2
- Ryse: Son of Rome
- Dead space series
- Alan Wake
- Mafia II
- Alien Vs. Predator 2010
- Tomb Raider 2013
- Hitman: Absolution

and many other, all voiced in Italian.

You have added Russian language which is the 2nd "Realm of Piracy" (see there: http://www.vilabs.com/hs-fs/hub/270...October-2014-Software-Piracy-Heatmap-1501.png)

I don't understand the financial choice but maybe is complex.
Again, I second the request of adding Italian voices.

Thank you.

Okay you 2, take a look at the publishers of all these games. Most of them have a way higher budget, which results in the dubbed audio.
Even if they are not all published by big publishers, most are not as ambitious and, first and foremost, expensive to make as Witcher 3.

Okay you 2, take a look at the publishers of all these games. Most of them have a way higher budget, which results in the dubbed audio.
Even if they are not all published by big publishers, most are not as ambitious and, first and foremost, expensive to make as Witcher 3.
but the first "the witcher" was dubbed in Italian and in those years CDPR was "poor"
Now that he had a huge success il could act as the biggest sh
we are sad because in Italy there are many, many, many fans of the game who now feel betrayed

it will be possible to select different language options for voice and subtitles?

example: english voice and portuguese subtitles.

Language selection option on The Witcher 3 settings

Hi,

I was wondering... Will The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt have a language selection option on the menus?
I know the game will have brazilian portuguese subtitles and voiceover, but I would like to play with original audio and just use portuguese subtitles.

Thanks!

Hi,

I was wondering... Will The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt have a language selection option on the menus?
I know the game will have brazilian portuguese subtitles and voiceover, but I would like to play with original audio and just use portuguese subtitles.

Thanks!

I dont know about console or even steam, but on gog you are free to download any language pack.

Available languages on each region

I know that many different languages will be supported for this game.
However, I was just wondering whether languages availability will be the same for all regions.
For example, I live in Canada, but would NA version for The Witcher 3 support Korean?

Or just simply, I want to play The Witcher 3 in Korean, so should I pre-order here (Canada), or should I just buy from Korea directly?

I was trying to find about this information for days but I couldn't. So please excuse me if this matter has been already discussed

---------- Updated at 04:30 AM ----------

btw, I am talking about PS4 version, not PC one.

Now even "goodbye Deponia" will be dubbed in Italian
It was launched a crowdfounding that was successful
perhaps it had to do the same thing for TW3....

Now even "goodbye Deponia" will be dubbed in Italian
It was launched a crowdfounding that was successful
perhaps it had to do the same thing for TW3....

Does it have a number of lines as dialogue equal to the length of The Lord of the Rings books, though? And I-don't-know-how-many voice actors for every NPC in the game?

The modesty of the game has little to do with it. The scope of the localization, on the other hand, has much. Complaining about how many other games have a voice-over isn't going to make CDPR change their mind, I'm afraid. I believe whoever did their market research is aware of that data.

If you really want to see their games dubbed in Italian, even if it's in a year from now, take action; sign petitions, contact CDPR, write them a letter. If you'll show your support, they're more likely to show theirs in return. This passive complaining isn't really the way to show it, if you want my opinion...

What about PS4 digital versions from US PS Store. Same Languages as boxed copy ( including Polish VO and text)?

Does it have a number of lines as dialogue equal to the length of The Lord of the Rings books, though? And I-don't-know-how-many voice actors for every NPC in the game?

The modesty of the game has little to do with it. The scope of the localization, on the other hand, has much. Complaining about how many other games have a voice-over isn't going to make CDPR change their mind, I'm afraid. I believe whoever did their market research is aware of that data.

If you really want to see their games dubbed in Italian, even if it's in a year from now, take action; sign petitions, contact CDPR, write them a letter. If you'll show your support, they're more likely to show theirs in return. This passive complaining isn't really the way to show it, if you want my opinion...
Goodbye Deponia has fewer texts TW3 but it will sell in Italy a tenth of that game
for a year we do ask and made petitions, but CDP has responded several times that it did not intend to give us even dubbing
we had done the same thing for TW2 always without results
now I'm going to play "Resident Evil Revelation 2" which is excellently dubbed in Italian
and I go away from here
bye

Goodbye Deponia has fewer texts TW3 but it will sell in Italy a tenth of that game
for a year we do ask and made petitions, but CDP has responded several times that it did not intend to give us even dubbing
we had done the same thing for TW2 always without results
now I'm going to play "Resident Evil Revelation 2" which is excellently dubbed in Italian
and I go away from here
bye

bye bye o/

Anyway the english dubbing will probably be the best, alas. I'm really hesitating because I actually prefered Triss' voice in french in the previous games, but Yennefer and Geralt sound better in english... (though difficult to judge from trailers) but some english translations irk me, like Dandelion for Jaskier and Roach for Płotka (the french version "Ablette" sounds more affectionnate). But on the other hand, voice diversity in french will probably be less, with some very bad dubbing for minor characters.... argh, the impossible choice. I guess I'll have to try...

At least for the first witcher the choice was easy as the english translation was notoriously bad before the enhanced edition came out :hmm:

In the french video with the GOG lady and Damien it appears that translations are actually made in the very CDPR office in Warsaw? Well that's reassuring about their quality. If wonder whether that's the same for every language or if some are subcontracted to people that might not have an... intimate knowledge of the franchise.

Top Bottom