Letter from a fan, with suggestions [leader interactions and deck building]

+
Dear Gwent team

This letter is from a long-term fan and follower of your beautiful work who not only plays your game a few hours each day but also spends some more watching streams and he's planning to start streaming Gwent. I can say I have most of the cards in the game and almost got all my monster legendary cards to premium.

I love your game.

I listen to your released and unreleased soundtracks every day.

I repeat the voice lines of my favorite cards in my head when I get bored, sometimes comparing them to the genuinely good card descriptions.

I follow the lore that you expanded from the novels and games so beautifully in big and small ways, who knew that a tiny character that Ortolan mentioned in a novel with no pictures could one day look deep in your eyes with his insectoid voidish ones. Of course I'm referring to my favorite Gwent character and card being Idarran.

This letter is my way of showing appreciation for a gift that I can have free everyday in a harsh life in a third-world country under oppression and every day tragedies. From the depth of my heart, Thank you. I apologize for not supporting team with something more. Even if I put my country's economic situation away, I couldn't access international payment requirements for the same reasons.

So instead, I'd love to share some of the ideas I have for game improvement.

The Leaders. I think the best thing about Gwent is that its leaders define the best playable character a card game can have. But the limitation of interactions for a virtual "pet" or playable character is little to non. although the journey system is ok I don’t think a wardrobe defines our relations with our little companions. But the small moments of give and receive does. If I could clank my mead horn with Crach, listen to Dana Meadbh sing, play a chess turn with Demavend, Watch Triss make butter flies or Regis giving me life advices; Then I would be playing every match with someone that I have made a small emotional connection with. I want to win WITH it and FOR it. I care for it because as much powerful they look they are nothing without the player controlling them and have no way of winning their "battles", hell you can even forfeit they're like " oh what the hell We'll all just die then!". You know what I mean.
you may say this is a card game not an rpg. I know. But look behind the game. The daunting and empty menu's and the very boring the queue screen specially when it takes too much time for it to find players. This is plainly hitting two birds with one stone. Not only filling that emptiness but making a dating room for players and leaders.

And speaking of leaders can you please release more free leaders. There are so many kings, queens and powers in each faction that I wanna try playing as. Go higher than 10 provisions and you have dozens of candidates.

Another mention is the deck building interface. If you could use the card package system that you have in draft. Then players can add and remove packages to their decks then customize one or two cards from them for ease of deck building. For example instead of adding both blight-makers and mage assassins in 4 clicks you can simply craft a mini card pack, rename it whatever you want and add these 4 cards to it. so whenever you make a nilfgaard deck you have the option to easily add the "what ever you want" package along with any packages you want to your deck.

also something you can do is to make leaders do hand gesture with playing cards and do reactions to enemy when playing big points.

I have an understanding on your budget but if you could also add more tracks to the matches, it would be great. You can even reuse expansion and beta sound tracks which are astounding.

There are some minor game issues which I'm confident you can solve in no time during the next expansions. But please buff my boi Eredin pls.

I thank you again for your time and dedication. I want to see Gwent not only as the best card game (which I think it already is) but as the best game, maybe ever. Nothing is impossible. And I know your team have the potential to accomplish it. in a world of companies fighting for money I respect you for creating art.

Sincerely, sunnofshadows

Dear Gwent team and good community folk

Today a 2 month timer began in my life. a doomsday clock that indicates how much time I have to play Gwent and use internet.
today Iran's parliament has passed a law that as of late September of 2021 all internet access in country is going to be restricted. and thats all I have to experience it.

Good folk, don't take your time as granted. you'll never know when you may lose the simplest of things. be grateful for your everyday amenities.
second, please when I go silence make use of my account and transfer the cards as scraps to someone. I put a lot of time and my card collection is almost complete I feel it will provide good entertainment to someone who like to play more decks but has a limited free time to play to collect scraps. thank you. It'll make me happy.
Also I want to thank you again for dedication to Gwent.

sincerely, sunnofshadows

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom