Level 12 sword for a level 24 quest

+
[...]
There is a similar problem even in the quest at Crow's Perch. You go in Skellige, take the tools, bring them back, help the girl to became an armorer, and instead of take as reward the light and resistent armor you asked...you get a...Witch Hunter's Armor. Really?

Yeah, I found that reward completely out place in terms of style, way before even starting to care about its stats.
It was almost a mockery.
I also was really disappointed when getting the reward for both quests. I expected a second upgrade for this armour:

View attachment 19970

Completely agree about the mastercrafted special items. And when I got the sword from Hattori, I felt like cheated, because curiously I just returned from searching some interest points for loot and got that diagram somewhere before getting Hattori's sword. Same for all swords than other characters give to me :\.

[...]
[...]
the Blade you'll get from Crach an Craite is a Joke Stat-wise had to sell it. It looks great, though, but it's no friggin' Legendary-Level-Sword

Oh, really, I forgot that.
Yeah, that was another joke. asd
If you defeat the first tough Skelliger fighter in the fist fight side quest before going to talk with Crach, Hjalmar gives you even a better sword than that "legendary" one.

Attachments

• The-Witcher-3-Thumbnail-01.jpg
    The-Witcher-3-Thumbnail-01.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
So...I'm returned to talk about the loot and the level scaling/level requirements for items.
I completed the quest for Hattori, a level 24 quest and I was level 13 when I started (I finished it at level 15).
In return, I got a level 12 sword which is now basically useless to me.

Now, I can understand that a low XP reward is ok, because a quest is not played for the experience, but...at least give me a powerful sword without limitation that I can use. Because...basically that was the point of the quest. Geralt helped Hattori in order to have a powerful mastercrafted sword. And...he get a crappy sword in return.

So please...tell me that you see the issue here.

I was disappointed as well. He proclaims he made you a weapon ''... which kills gods'' but then you get this sword. By the time I finished this quest I got 2nd tier griffon set which is sufficent enough from lvl 16 to 26 (and any other witcher gear within that lvl. range)

On a related note this game is again another one having the best armor skins for the lowest level armors and the best ordinary armrs are those looking the worst.

I actually hoped when I first found the witcher set diagrams you could tinker with your starter armor, which can be upgraded so I assumed the diagrams helped you specialize your gear for the type of witcher school you wanted to persue. But no, you have to drop the tier2 starter armor :(. Lvl. 10 Nilfgaard set looks amazing, though. Lvl. 4 temerian armor looks good, too

Geralt should definitely reconsider his profession :) I got only 550 crowns as a reward for completing a contract (recommended level 35). I can sell 1 sword and get more money than that. There are plenty of such swords left by smugglers.

But what good ios one sword being more valuable than a contract reward when the vendor has not enough money to buy i from you^^...

I think the intention was to focus more on dispatching the items and gather ingredients, although I never had problems getting those. Most money I spent on reskilling potions to test the abilities.

well i've read every single post regarding this thread...liked the ones I felt contributed best to it imo..gave out a redpoint or 2...but 1 thing I think we can all agree on from what I see is the loot reward system SUCKS terribly and needs revamped! Giving out a level 14 sword for completing a level 24 mission at level 19 is just a slap in the face...why not actually reward your gamers? is that a crime now all of a sudden to give back to paying customers? Should be same level or I would vote scale to 1 level higher or even mission level loot you could store in your chest to enjoy later. A single player game doesnt need this much "supervision" and "balance" with low xp/loot giving rewards.

the reward isnt the sword nor the armor. The reward is the services of master blacksmith and armorer so you can make mastercrafted items later in the game. But the rebalance they made to the witcher gear after 1.07 kinda killed it though. You could have mastercrafted stuff at level 30 before and have a bit of game in front of you and only the wolven gear was up to level 34 to craft for the final missions. Now everything is level 34 so you only use master items in the last missions. I think it would be better to have lower level master items with lower stats to play more parts of the game and feel the need to craft more armor progressing. Like this you just pick the one you like play the last mission and all the rest is worthless. Killed the treasure hunts with this rebalance.

the reward isnt the sword nor the armor. The reward is the services of master blacksmith and armorer so you can make mastercrafted items later in the game. But the rebalance they made to the witcher gear after 1.07 kinda killed it though. You could have mastercrafted stuff at level 30 before and have a bit of game in front of you and only the wolven gear was up to level 34 to craft for the final missions. Now everything is level 34 so you only use master items in the last missions. I think it would be better to have lower level master items with lower stats to play more parts of the game and feel the need to craft more armor progressing. Like this you just pick the one you like play the last mission and all the rest is worthless. Killed the treasure hunts with this rebalance.

Oh my I really did not notice that. That's actually worse than the state it had been before. But maybe the change was in advance to give a more overall balance to expansion content? Maybe they thought lvl. 30 was too early taken the new content into account? Still, I'd love to have master crafted witcher gear at lvl. 30 for all sets (wolf set looks like biker outfit anyways, so bleh, it can stay at lvl. 34^^)

Yeah, the quest rewards aren't well thought. But it's always funny seeing them pulling those swords out of their back pocket and Geralt putting it in his back pocket.

The reward is the services of master blacksmith and armorer so you can make mastercrafted items later in the game. But the rebalance they made to the witcher gear after 1.07 kinda killed it though.

The reward is both the item and the service. And I don't give a shit about the service when I'm low level, because of that stupid level requirement, which means I can't use any mastercrafted item early in the game.

Treasure weapons.

Is it just me or is pretty much every sword that you find in a treasure chest worse than the one you already have? I just spent 15 minutes killing a level 20 earth elemental (I'm at level 14 currently) for a hidden treasure thing, only to get a level 11 sword which isn't even as good as the griffin sword that I have. If I was actually at level 20 and got that as my reward, I would've been super pissed. I'm glad that there's the stash box now so I can deposit all of the crappy weaponry that I get to sell off later. It would just be nice if the swords you got were at least as strong as the monsters you have to kill to get them.

Ugh, lame. Well, the Hattori mission is pretty easy, you could be level 12 and still beat it, just use yrden. dwarves with big hammers move really slow. Anyway, thanks for the reply, glad to know that other people are as frustrated by this as I am.

@OP:
Yes and no. The loot in this game has some problems but they have had some thoughts on some of the relic weapons you find. Most weapons with 2 or 3 slots allow you to boost a weapon feature like bleeding or burning via glyphs. That does not seem to be abig deal but I recommend you to try bleeding and poisoning on weapons along with potion tree skill that grants poison effect chance of 15% by every oil you use.

You will bleed and/or poison high hp monsters in no time. Especially boss fights improve. While some monsters make you handle the camera more than actually hitting them you can be sure, that while you try to survive they still get damage.

I put some relic weapons I found into the stash and now after completing another playthrough I will test features like freezing and burning and how effective they are.

Still, the griffon set is a very good set (I just hate the green color) if you want to have effective signs and effective melee combat.

Last edited:
That's good to know about the bleeding and poisoning. I haven't ever bothered to use them yet, i stick with the fast attack and yrden runes, mostly. using the alt. yrden sign is like playing with another player. Also good if you want to just kick back and not have to actually do anything but hold r2 down every twenty seconds or so.

The loot system is just fucked up. Whoever had the idea of level scaling, level requirment and random loot should just reconsider his work.
As soon as possible, if it's not a problem.

That's good to know about the bleeding and poisoning. I haven't ever bothered to use them yet, i stick with the fast attack and yrden runes, mostly. using the alt. yrden sign is like playing with another player. Also good if you want to just kick back and not have to actually do anything but hold r2 down every twenty seconds or so.

Fun fact: some ghost maiden monsters can be poisoned. Wraiths can bleed (at least those found in the old crypt, where you search for the sun stone with Philippa)

Last edited:
Top Bottom