Level 20 more difficult this season?

+
Level 20 more difficult this season?

I remember to have it previous season with relative ease. But I just played like 5 hours and can`t seem to advance. Anybody got similar experiences?

Raunbjorn

SoSaHer;n10332702 said:
I remember to have it previous season with relative ease. But I just played like 5 hours and can`t seem to advance. Anybody got similar experiences?

To me it feels like same. But it feels more grindy than before (naturally). Ranking up now doesn't feel as rewarding as before. I hope the revert to two month season.

People with responsibilities are kinda left out with these short seasons imo.

Hydrahead;n10332712 said:
... Ranking up now doesn't feel as rewarding as before...

Same with me. I just can't force myself to go play Ranked, especially in this BROKEN meta. The MMR points distribution does not help at all as well. I feel like cast aside, cause I want to have FUN with the game and not facing (and play with!) the same couple decks over and over again. Which is the case also in Casual.

This last month and a half just made me drop my play rate more than 50%. I feel like a chore to going for the first two tears of dailies. This is not good.

Got stuck at 4100-4200 because you get matched up so often with people 100+ MMR below you.

Add to that the whole blue coin and spy+summoning circle stuff and I quit Ranked for this season, I'm just not having fun at all.

This is a bad season for me. I won't get out of level 17 unless I switch to dwarves. Losing 25 points a loss and only gaining 30 to 40 a win.

To add which is sad. It does feel like a chore just getting daily rewards. I can't wait for the hotfix. It's sad when your up by 70 points and you have to worry if opponents last 2 card will win. I'm just getting more aggravated this season than anything.

Faction challenge was a good idea to get people away from dwarves but those people played 2 ng matches and went back to dwarves. It's made me actually hate SC this season . I didn't think id dislike a deck more than spellatell. Here's to hoping your grinding pays off and future seasons will be better

I get to rank 19 relatively easy like usual. Just need win rate over 50 (mine is about 2/3). But this is usually where I got a brick wall as my win rate drops to 50 and am stuck at about 4200 normally. Normally I then spend 1.5 months doing causal just to get first tier daily. With the daily quest and shorter season, I feel I have more to do. You can call that more grindy though.

Last season I managed to get to about 4350 mmr, but post patch I struggle to reach 4000. Something has changed and I am unable to win consistently. I change decks and just when I think I found a good one (several wins in a row), I get the same number of losses. So I stay in that range.

This meta is brutal. One can not afford to play slow. You can't put 7 points on board in order to setup something because you will immediately get answered with 20+ points and then it is all over. Winning the coin flip is crucial (going second). That is the only time you can try and setup something and not get two cards down.

Brand new to the game. About 2 weeks. Find the game very boring. 50% of opponents are the super spy cards. All else is okay, you win, you have the coolest cards. Play Commanders Horn from Grave yard 3 times. Good cheat. Play a card that allows me to double, triple, quadruple copies. Okay you win. Play a card on the last turn that allows me to play a card from graveyard that allows me to pay a card from my hand that allows mw to play another card from graveyard and yet another from deck. Okay - you win. Nope not using my most important card to win Gwent "The Credit Card".

LordCheesecurd;n10336022 said:
Brand new to the game. About 2 weeks. Find the game very boring. 50% of opponents are the super spy cards. All else is okay, you win, you have the coolest cards. Play Commanders Horn from Grave yard 3 times. Good cheat. Play a card that allows me to double, triple, quadruple copies. Okay you win. Play a card on the last turn that allows me to play a card from graveyard that allows me to pay a card from my hand that allows mw to play another card from graveyard and yet another from deck. Okay - you win. Nope not using my most important card to win Gwent "The Credit Card".

LOL! Best summary of the current state of Gwent! Mods, give this guy an award!

Seems like a lot more jostling in ranked making it very... repetitive
Also a bunch of arses in casual using ladder decks and hammering people in R2 after a R1 win (IMO the second is a worse sin, FFS give casuals a round win so they can at least advance their dailies)

The game is in the worst state it's been since stammel tael and pre nerf mulligan, and at least those two got nerfed relatively quickly. The one month season means if you have a life you're fucked, if you get the dwarf mirror and don't draw ithline + tremors you loose, if you don't draw your spy + summoning circle you loose, if you meet nekker consume and have no answer to nekkers you loose, if you meet mill you loose, if you get matched up with someone 50 MMR below you and loose because of a bad band you loose twice the MMR you would gain from winning.

I really want to have fun with the game, but the current meta is the closest kind of thing to closed beta as it can be. Uninstalled and waiting for balance patch.

Last edited by a moderator:
As of now, the top ranked on the leaderboard is below 4500. As far as I can tell the end of the season is maybe ten days away? Am I missing something here. How is anybody supposed to enter the pro ladder this season? Is this something that is supposed to happen, no new pro ladder players from now on.

I don't know if it's harder, because it depends heavily on your deck. Initially I played SK axemen and was slowly climbing up. Then, in a daily keg I've got the Iorveth: Meditation card and decided to try playing those pesky dwarves. That was huge boost, as I skyrocketed to rank 19 in one day. Then I stuck there for a while. That caused me to work on my deck to make it Ithlinne nuke-proof and dropped the idea of having skirmishers completely in favor of boosters. That was a success, and I've got to top 100 globally, but then I had a string of bad luck with no gold or only one gold card drawn in a game and dropped down. Also people started to use summoning circle tricks all over the place. That essentially forced me to use this trick too and change my deck again to accommodate it. Huge success again and I was back at rank 20 yesterday.

I've found it slightly slower climbing up the ladder, that that's probably because I don't find it fun to play dorfs.

I was just at 4067 mmr and I two-nilled my oppo (and I still had a card in hand that i didn't use), and only got 17 mmr points for that! At this rate it will take me another 11 wins at a 100% win rate to get to level 20.
Why was I under the impression that you get more points for two nilling your opponent? Must've read it somewhere or something.
Just had a look at the match history and my oppo was 70mmr behind me so perhaps that's why i only got a pitiful 17 points. Still, to tie in with this thread - yes I strongly agree that it is more difficult to get to 20 this season

Getting to rank 20 this month was about as hard as getting to rank 21 last month. Maybe a little harder, for me anyway. I'm not even gonna attempt to try and make it to rank 21, no more money to buy new keyboards!1

After reaching rank 19 I was hit hard with dorfs deck, kept on having to face them so I created a deck to target dorfs but then I was match up with a barrage of non-dorfs deck? So I change back to my original deck but then I got slam with more match-up against OP dorfs deck? There is no winning this.

Top Bottom