Level 37, 3000 armour and still getting one shotted?

+
So title says it all really. I'm level 37, have around 3000 armour and yet I'm still being flatlined in 1 shot by mobs that are supposed to be easy for my level.

Anyone else have this problem?

If you don't look deep into the perk trees you might not be aware that there are weapons which with the right perks completely ignore all armor....notably tech weapons....which can also shoot through walls before ignoring all of your armor. I got sniped in one shot with nearly 5000 armor at level 50 by an enemy sniper with a tech sniper rifle...twice. So yeah....those perks that you can have, so can the enemies.

I did some testing on this.

• Some mechanics are designed to one shot you. Barrel explosions for example. I was getting one shot by exploding barrels until I specced into the engineering talent to reduce explosions by 30%. After that I would be left at exactly 30% HP after a barrel explosion. My conclusion is that in order to make barrels deadly in the same manner throughout all levels and gear they just made them do your current HP in damage to you. By reducing that amount by 30% they now take 70% of my HP instead of 100%, regardless of my actual HP amount.
  • There also appears to be a damage scaling based off of character level differential. I was getting one shot by Max tac at level 30, but at level 50 they were barely making a scratch.

Some weapon types and elements ignore armor and can one shot you. Stack HP and get elemental immunity

Some random rocks or staircases kill me, a lot, even if I had 6000 armor and 700HP. That damn relic is taking its effect on me.

if you pick a perk that will gain immunity to knockdown every single car which hits you (even at 1mph speed) will insta-kill you

I think the bigger problem is the entire concept of getting one shot in a game where you can choose character options that increase your survivability. Those character build choices become pointless in the face of some stupid mechanic that one shots you out of nowhere. Bad game design

Opposite problem. Well not entirely, I get pretty much one shot by everything but my armour is only just over 1000 and I'm level 50.
But I also one shot literally everything I come across with my hacks or widow maker, on hard.
And the fact that I can do all this through numerous walls and vertical levels is insane.
There's no challenge at all.

I think the bigger problem is the entire concept of getting one shot in a game where you can choose character options that increase your survivability. Those character build choices become pointless in the face of some stupid mechanic that one shots you out of nowhere. Bad game design
Add to that the bullet sponge opponents and the idea of V being one shotted becomes even more ludicrous

Top Bottom