leveling issue

+
leveling issue

is there a problem with the leveling system? I am playing for 12 hours and I just reached lvl 5 lol... that's crazy...or does the difficulty level impact the xp you got from quests?

Hi,

I am not sure about the quests but I would imagine that the exp from monsters is same as it was in Witcher 2. I mean in Witcher 2 you stopped getting exp from monster at certain point. For example in Flotsam at some point no monster gave exp anymore when you reached certain level.(I tried to get more levels early in the game but soon noticed that Nekkers for example gave like 2xp per kill)

I have played probably over 20 hours and I think I am still at lvl 4 almost lvl 5 :)

I'm playing on a relatively easy level (I can't be assed dying too often when I only get the odd hour to play) but I feel like I've reached parts of the game where everyone is a way higher level. I'm a 4 at the minute and killed the Griffin and moved on to Vellum where everything I encountered had the "danger" warning above them.

Every undiscovered place and quest done in White Orchard, Lvl 7 with modded 2 green swords here.
You slowy grinders. :)

Now im in Velen. Exping here is really better (thanks to exp from overleveled quests) :)
Its a darksouls-like effort, yeah. But i really like it.

The only problems is money, money and inventory space...
Im always 60/60 without equippable items and 2 orens. :(
Unpleasant situation when you are about to enter in a dungeon and you dont want to sell anything.

Did someone know if there is a "Stash" mechanics? Maybe at the inns?

It doesn't have too much impact. You can get skill points from places of power, and should be able to fight creatures a few levels higher... for certain types anyway.

---------- Updated at 09:41 AM ----------

Every undiscovered place and quest done in White Orchard, Lvl 7 with modded 2 green swords here.
You slowy grinders. :)

Now im in Velen. Exping here is really better (thanks to exp from overleveled quests) :)
Its a darksouls-like effort, yeah. But i really like it.

The only problems is money, money and inventory space...
Im always 60/60 without equippable items and 2 orens. :(
Unpleasant situation when you are about to enter in a dungeon and you dont want to sell anything.

Did someone know if there is a "Stash" mechanics? Maybe at the inns?

Buy saddlebags. 186 coin, gives +30 (or more) load.

When I got to Velen I ran into humans that were level 7 - 10 and managed to pretty easily kill them. I used AXII sing to stun them and hit them (lvl 10 had red color and skull for me). It usually took 1-3 tries to get an instant kill proc while they were stunned by the sign.

But yeah, I am at same situation as you. I will probably have a look today what I will do next to get some levels. I tried one level 9 quest which would have not been a problem otherwise if the NPCs would have not gone an died on me constantly (as I wanted them to survive and the reward was directly affected how many survived). I guess my level was not enough to kill them fast enough so they piled up and I did not have the interest to try it many times.

---------- Updated at 10:00 AM ----------

I was kinda surprised that they go and do the same "mistake" again.

One of the things I will always remember from Witcher 2 is the problem with inventory space and that they had to patch a chest ingame later. Sadly that did not help me on my first playthrough (which for me is usually the most meaningfull) since it was not patched in time before I had already played the game through.

And now it seems the situation is the same again and I wonder why would they go do the same mistake again. Granted, so far I have not reached the max weight but situation is probably different later on in the game. Also considering how much "useless" items you tend to carry (but dont want to discard) it would be preferable to have a stash for those items.

Why not make Roach have its own inventory. Would seem the most logical spot in a game where you are not tied to certain city/village/location?

It doesn't have too much impact. You can get skill points from places of power, and should be able to fight creatures a few levels higher... for certain types anyway.

---------- Updated at 09:41 AM ----------

Buy saddlebags. 186 coin, gives +30 (or more) load.

+30 only?
Wheez... Doing some spare maths.. I already need 250-300 :D

And here it comes the second problem: 186 orens are a lot, lol

186 coin isn't much if you are selling all the useless crap, rather than lugging it around like a tinker.

+30 only?
Wheez... Doing some spare maths.. I already need 250-300 :D

And here it comes the second problem: 186 orens are a lot, lol

You can win the basic level saddlebag by winning the horse races at Crow's perch. You can also make easy coin winning those races, as they're not very hard at all. Winning all 3 will give you a saddle, saddlebag, and horse blinders. Very useful for decking out poor old Roach if you're a bit poor.

From what I remember the gameplay videos from CD Project Red had a saddle bag that increased the max load by 100

I also remember seeing Geralt with 200-220 max load in some earlier video. Wether this was for demostrational purposes from the developer is something that I don't know. (so that they can have different gear on Geralt for testing)

From what I have seen the armor/weapon section is where your load comes from easily if you keep all the weapons. I have personally disassembled some weapons and sold some. I only keep the previous steel/silver swords as backup weapons and some of the early items. Otherwise I am just hoarding a lot of the herbs I run into. If I were to get the 100 max load saddle soon it would make the max load problem go away for some time. Unless I suddenly run into multiple different armors/weapons I want to keep.

From what I remember the gameplay videos from CD Project Red had a saddle bag that increased the max load by 100

I also remember seeing Geralt with 200-220 max load in some earlier video. Wether this was for demostrational purposes from the developer is something that I don't know. (so that they can have different gear on Geralt for testing)

From what I have seen the armor/weapon section is where your load comes from easily if you keep all the weapons. I have personally disassembled some weapons and sold some. I only keep the previous steel/silver swords as backup weapons and some of the early items. Otherwise I am just hoarding a lot of the herbs I run into. If I were to get the 100 max load saddle soon it would make the max load problem go away for some time. Unless I suddenly run into multiple different armors/weapons I want to keep.

I personally never really came above 50 load so far. I am taking everything I see with me and loot every crate and monster. I sell the equipment I don't need and in some cases dissemble it when I need some of the crafting materials. Since many things weight nothing luckily the loot horder problem is not as bad as in games like Fallout or Skyrim where I am at my max load almost all the time. But a saddlebag would be nice.

I just got to Velen in search of Ciri and am still level 4. All the encounters I have found are level 9. Not a problem except it seems that fighting higher level stuff wears your swords out much faster. Like 25% wear per encounter. Thats going to make repairs massively expensive.

As an aside, where are the low level quests/poi in Velen? I'm kinda back tracking right now.

Last edited:
186 coin isn't much if you are selling all the useless crap, rather than lugging it around like a tinker.

you have no idea how i agonized over selling bear skins and others. i did sell them in the end coz i wanted the temerian armour set for geralt and roach.

is there a problem with the leveling system? I am playing for 12 hours and I just reached lvl 5 lol... that's crazy...or does the difficulty level impact the xp you got from quests?

18.5 hours in playing on normal difficulty and just barely reaching level 7 so I don't think it base on difficulty level. I also play too much GWENT.

---------- Updated at 07:01 AM ----------

I just got to Velen in search of Ciri and am still level 4. All the encounters I have found are level 9. Not a problem except it seems that fighting higher level stuff wheres your swords out much faster. Like 25% wear per encounter. Thats going to make repairs massively expensive.

As an aside, where are the low level quests/poi in Velen? I'm kinda back tracking right now.

I been using axe instead of sword. It does more damage and attack faster.

Top Bottom