Levelling

+
Better solution: less diference between levels. I mean, less diference between gear of diferent levels, and less diference between enemies depending of their level. So for example, being level 20 u will still have a challenge facing level 5 wolfs, but not as hard as when u were level 1. By the same way, you could kill level 30 creatures being a level 5 witcher, but it will be more dificult.

Request to CDPR to change xp curve.

Lots of people brought issue of too fast levelling here on forum therefore I would like to ask CDPR to adjust XP curve in next patch to slow down gaining levels which will result more balanced gameplay and more enjoyable game experience for all of those players who did not choose speed run.
Thank you.

Recommendation for quest levels

Dear CDPR,

I have a recommendation for quest levels. The required minimum level for the quest should stay as is is now, but after that the quest level shoud scale up to the character level. In my opinion it would make the game more exciting.
Now i do all the side quests and there are a lot of grey quest witch are too easy.

I hope you will find my remark useful,
Gombi90

PS: The game is amazing.

I'm currently at the opposite side of the spectrum. Every time I get a new quest its 5-10 times higher than my level. lol Just turned lvl 7 and got a lvl 24 quest.

Yes, I agree that the game is amazing.

I would like to point out the fact that I'm at level 35 and I don't have any green quests left, just a bunch of grey ones. What to do now?

Minor stuff like killing nests gives next to nothing in terms of XP and settlements etc. is not that exciting either, when there is still a bunch of legit quests left. I think this could be changed and improved..

Don't understand how the cap can be so high and why would it (according to rumours) be possibly upped to 100 with those upcoming ''expansions''. As I said, I'm 35 and I don't think there are hidden quests somewhere that would be a normal way to get 36-37 and then again.. the empty hole in the system.

Whatever I do it feels way better to be getting XP. :) Cheers

Last edited:

Guest 3823474

I'm currently at the opposite side of the spectrum. Every time I get a new quest its 5-10 times higher than my level. lol Just turned lvl 7 and got a lvl 24 quest.
Working as intended. There are still plenty of quests on your level.

There's another problem with scaling I've come across.
Loot level seems to be set based on when you first encounter a contract boss.
For example, I met the Arachas boss, Harrisi, very early on in the game, just after getting to Velen. I tried fighting him a couple of times before realising I was trying to complete a level 30+ contract with a level 5-6 Geralt, so decided to leave him until I was at an appropriate level.
Recently, I hit level 31 and decided to mop up the high level contracts before continuing the story, but when I killed Harisi, it dropped a pair of level 2 trousers.

Not impressed.

There's another problem with scaling I've come across.
Loot level seems to be set based on when you first encounter a contract boss.
For example, I met the Arachas boss, Harrisi, very early on in the game, just after getting to Velen. I tried fighting him a couple of times before realising I was trying to complete a level 30+ contract with a level 5-6 Geralt, so decided to leave him until I was at an appropriate level.
Recently, I hit level 31 and decided to mop up the high level contracts before continuing the story, but when I killed Harisi, it dropped a pair of level 2 trousers.

Not impressed.

A monster should drop NOTHING apart from it's organs and tissues. I doubt Harrisi was wearing trousers...

Lots of people brought issue of too fast levelling here on forum therefore I would like to ask CDPR to adjust XP curve in next patch to slow down gaining levels which will result more balanced gameplay and more enjoyable game experience for all of those players who did not choose speed run.
Thank you.

this is one of the solutions i'd like, but i think it will require a rebalance of every creature, every power, every skill and enemy... everything.
not relevant for the wither 3. too late.

on my PC i edited how much health and damage addition i gain with each level up, edited how much XP i get (a multiplayer to slow down leveling)and how much damage enemies do (an addition of damage on top of their existing health) and the game feels better.
i am level 15 and bandits level 12 are giving me problems. i like it.
the farther i play the more i will tweak me health and damage. i be the balance i made for my game will be found too much or too little. i do not persume to say i solved my own issue with leveling, but thankfully i can always make enemies deal more damage and regain some balance :)

the benefits of PC modding....

Most open world RPGs scale difficulty. Even in Skyrim with its 10,000 available mods, only a handful can properly de-level the world, and they are major overhauls. So I think TW3 is unique in this aspect and I am more than willing to work my way around it. Hell, i dont even mind if I am OP for certain main quests, I am a master witcher after all, I just lost my memory on certain things.

You got your memory back in TW2, now you only don't remember things about your time with the wild hunt but everything else is back entirely (aside from normal memory loss of details of events years ago and so on, and memory bias of events people have ie why witnesses never see the same thing, of course... I'm not sure if mutations helped with memory to make it better than normal humans).

death match it fix that problem

plus the game is not ment to DO_IT_ALL_IN_A_SINGLE_PLAYTHROUGH

My last 20 to 30 hours of my first play through was on death march and don't recall dying excessively if at all, so death march does not fix the problem. My hardest 10 hours were my first 10 hours on normal difficulty, and on my second play through,on death march, I am taking on opponents fairly easily that are 5 levels higher than me. I know that when I get fully geared and start using more ability points that I will be able to dominate anything out there after level 20. All Death March does is make fist fighting difficult in my opinion.

---------- Updated at 04:31 PM ----------

What for? Solution is to reduce XP gain not upscale that would kill the game.

---------- Updated at 10:41 AM ----------

XP bug?

While your solution would be the easiest way to approach this "problem" I think that it overlooks the lost enjoyment of getting to upgrade our talent trees often. The solution is quest scaling and/or adjusting the damage that enemies do. Quest scaling should at least be done for the many missions that require fighting a single monster. Were talking about implementing a scaling feature on less than 30 monsters. Another option is offering difficulty levels that are harder than death march.

Last edited:
Lowering XP Gain/Scaling Under-leveled Quests?

Came to my attention that Death March doesn't decrease XP gain, and is, more or less just a superficial difficulty above Broken Bones (Higher enemy HP/Damage) I wonder if there is a possibility of CDPR decreasing XP gain? Exploration in Witcher 3 has been a mixed experience for me, personally.

I find myself becoming too OP when taking on Main Quests as I've become 5+ levels higher than the recommended level. This decreases any challenge, and therefore not as fun as I would want.

Reason I mentioned scaling in the title isn't to scale enemies/quests to the players level, but bump quests that have become far too under-leveled, and especially greyed-out.

This isn't a "Give us XP for greyed quests! Give us better, scaled items for completing quests! I want Oblivion!" but more of a... Said quest is 5+ levels lower then my current level, and in turn It's bloody easy. Would it be possible to scale the quest accordingly to the players level to bring SOME challenge to the player? XP should NOT be awarded for greyed quests, but should still offer a challenge.

Exploration feels punishable, and I find it quite boring doing some of these quests where I literally 1-shot enemies due to being so OP.

Or simply decrease XP gain on the harder difficulties, if that were even possible to do. People mention ways to increase the difficulty by forcing handicaps, going into battle naked, "Iron Man" mode, die? wipe the last 5 saves. These are superficial and shouldn't need to be done just to achieve some challenge from the game.

It's not about gaining XP from lower leveled quests/contracts, or getting a new shiny weapon. This is about challenge, and the game lacks this, severely, by simply exploring this vast games world.

Came to my attention that Death March doesn't decrease XP gain, and is, more or less just a superficial difficulty above Broken Bones (Higher enemy HP/Damage) I wonder if there is a possibility of CDPR decreasing XP gain?
Oddly enough, leveling wasn't so much of an issue for me in the beginning of Death March. It was the skill points that made everything easy. Without any skill points invested, I could outlevel opponents a little bit and it was still pretty difficult. I didn't invest a single skill point until I had completed White Orchard and half of Velen. After I started investing skill points it got really easy.

I know that there's an XP multiplier mod, but I'm not sure if you can decrease XP. I would be careful with doing this though because there are only a limited amount of quests in the game, so if you decrease XP gains, you may not get to a certain level that you need to craft certain armor and whatnot.

And that's what the modders would be careful over, I hope. Though seeing as modding is out of the questions for me, up to CDPR to implement something of the sort.

Top Bottom