Levelling

+
The only problem I see here is also a part of reason why W3 is so different. It does feel strange when you realize you can not simply do everything in your vicinity, when you come to Velen. You have to get near a certain site and see if your level is high enough to do the content on that site. This means you have to leave many of them for later.
It could be more manageable if there were some map tools for bookmarking those sites you couldn't finish.

Would be nice to have main quests when picked up scale to your current level. For example I am level 17 (not by trying to level up, this has just happened from doing side quests) and I finished one of the main quests in Novigrad, when I completed it the next main quest started, but the suggested level was 12. It would be nice if the game would look at your level and scale main quests a bit closer to your current level when picked up/starting.

I would like to see an option to freeze XP gain.

I don't think CDPR should try to alter the leveling curve. That would maybe make me happy. But it would piss off many other players. Lots of players seem to want easy xp, easy gameplay, bigger numbers, etc. That's fine. As long as we all can be happy. Trying to tune the xp automatically is gonna be hard. And even if CDPR would fine a way to do it, people will complain. So make it optional. Just so that people like me, and others who do not want to do content while being over-level, can have fun too.

====
When I am level X, and if I see a lot of quests under level X, I'd freeze my XP. I'd do those quests, and not gain XP and not level up. Until I only have quests in my logbook that are higher level than I am. Then I would enable XP gain again. This would ensure that I am always around the proper level for every quest.

I don't mind how they do it.
They could make it a toggle in the UI.
They could make it a (cheap) potion that you can buy and drink in-game.
They could even make it an option you have to manually edit in a settings file (ini file).
All of those would be good. Better than doing level 10 quests while you are levle 20.

Last edited:
The strategy guide says level 70 is the cap.

I don't care what a stategy guide says that link has a interview with CDPR stating its infinite.

---------- Updated at 04:23 AM ----------

I used a trainer for XP out of curiosity and it wouldn't let me get past 70 no matter how much XP I added

Could be because you used a cheat engine. There are many games out there that when you use a cheat something happens to the game that changes it in a bad way for the player.

I Agree 100%
I would like to see an option to freeze XP gain.

I don't think CDPR should try to alter the leveling curve. That would maybe make me happy. But it would piss off many other players. Lots of players seem to want easy xp, easy gameplay, bigger numbers, etc. That's fine. As long as we all can be happy. Trying to tune the xp automatically is gonna be hard. And even if CDPR would fine a way to do it, people will complain. So make it optional. Just so that people like me, and others who do not want to do content while being over-level, can have fun too.

====
When I am level X, and if I see a lot of quests under level X, I'd freeze my XP. I'd do those quests, and not gain XP and not level up. Until I only have quests in my logbook that are higher level than I am. Then I would enable XP gain again. This would ensure that I am always around the proper level for every quest.

I don't mind how they do it.
They could make it a toggle in the UI.
They could make it a (cheap) potion that you can buy and drink in-game.
They could even make it an option you have to manually edit in a settings file (ini file).
All of those would be good. Better than doing level 10 quests while you are levle 20.

I'm currently at the opposite side of the spectrum. Every time I get a new quest its 5-10 times higher than my level. lol Just turned lvl 7 and got a lvl 24 quest.
I wish they just wouldn't show up until they were in the green. This would make the world more dynamic also

Hello,

Since i started playing this awesome game! i had the feeling that there is something wrong with leveling ... anyway, my main concern is leveled items! i think that owned items should be level scaled, so when you reach a new level, items stats update themselves automatically.

Thanks,

The game is too easy especially when you are overlevelled. Hope they will add something like "exploring" mode there xp gained will be greatly reduced. Overcoining is a problem too. First 8 levels is fun, but later its hard to find a way how to spend it.

Poll - Skyrim like skill level advancement

I really like the skill advancement in Skyrim where, skill advances depending on how often you use. It feels organic and interesting and I feel it might work for TW3(alchemy ones might be a bit more tricky). I'm hoping there is someone who create mod for this in the near future.

What do you guys think?

Meh with the way skills are set up using skill points and not having levels themselves don't see how it would work without completely redoing the whole system

besides systems like Skyrim used actually discourage experimentation because of the effort involved in leveling something new and they promote picking specific focuses early on and then just sticking with repeating the same things because that's how you advance the skills

Last edited:
Skyrim is the peak of bad game design. Only because it sells it doesn't mean it's good.

To clarify: Skyrims skill system is full of exploits, grind and boredom as there is no depth at all, because you will be a godlike creature anyway in the end. Skill increase with use would only make the witcher more boring because it takes away the motivation to do quests because of the EXP.

Skyrims quest system is more item dependent because you actually get very good rewards that you cant get otherwise. On the other side you can become smith 100 in half an hour and be OP.

One system affects another, you can't just copy-paste somethign from another game to TW3, because it's effects have consequences in the design of the whole game.

Last edited:
With the way questing and leveling works in TW3 it's easy to be outleveled for the vast majority of the content that the game has to offer. I don't mind doing grey quests, but it does feel less rewarding because it's so easy and doesn't give you any exp or worthwhile loot.

Either TW3 needs a steeper level-requirement curve for the quests (meaning less low-level quests and more high-level quests) or the amount of XP you get should be halved.

Personally I would prefer the former. I love leveling up at a reasonably fast pace, but I also want a challenge. So a steeper level-requirement curve for the quests would be the best solution.

Quest, Broken Flowers- Novigrad:
You have to talk with some people...TALK = 1850 xp!!
Overlevel
I'm in Death March and I've zero challenge.
I've fear to do any contracts because I'll overlevel more and more and more.
In an openworld I want to do what I want.
If I don't want to do some things would be for an logical reason, not for an illogical one like "if I do this quest I ruin the balance of the game because I overlevel the main quest or the side quest"

Sorry for my English.

There is a mod that allows you to modify the XP modifier so you can get less (or more) xp from monsters/quests

I've decided to use it to get 0.6 XP from both monsters and quests, and so level up at half speed, but only starting after level 3, so that I won't break the tutorials by accident..

I think that coupled with deathmarch and not completely abusing the broken mutagen multiplier bullshit will might make the game good

Unfortunately I have to start a new game for that to make sense, as I am already way overlevelled for everything and only half the game through...
Waiting for 1.05 to see that mod will still work and then will start a new game.

Shame they screwed it up this way

Top Bottom