LF advice and heal my frustration

+
Hey there,

I am still a new to a Gwent, but I am often very frustrated about it. Maybe i miss something, appriciate some advices.

1) Quest.
- many, maybe most quest are "win a game". I remember times when it was "win round" It was much much better. Sometimes its very hard win battle especially for new players without decent collection, and they need resources the most.
-many quest are Win with race. Thats even worse.

2) Ranking system/race softlock
- Climbing at ladder has to many saves. I am currently at 11. I get there with monsters. Now i want to try another race but i just can´t bcs i don´t have half deck legendaries so i am being [...] at every game.
- even after seasson i drop to 12-13?

So my current problem is.
- I can´t play any other race than my main.
- I can´t finish race quest (ever).
- I can very hardly finish many quest.
= i can hardly collect resources to solve problems above- Cursed circle

I got that veteran should have upperhand above newbie. Thats for sure. But current state when I can´t farm neither try another race is just forced me to leave game.

Last edited by a moderator:
The old progression system was better. You could progress and gather resources even by losing 2-1. Now there is too much emphasis on winning. As for the quest system, I have a radical point of view: they should not exist. Players should play whatever they feel like without getting "punished" by the game. "Oh, you've won with Skellige, but indeed you should have played Nilfgaard, so no reward for you."

The quest system is also not very beginner friendly. Keep in mind, that Beta players like me can also re-roll quest, get more resources for completing them and so on. The more you have, the more you get. Like in real life.

As a suggestion, I'd say you try to focus on your second favourite faction and try to build your collection by selecting the reward nodes, that gives you the most resources (no meteorites powder).

1. I would say, focus on reward points (keys):
- reroll the daily quests and do those with keys - they are often more valuable than the ore and scraps, as it's a reward book currency, and reward book gives you more flexibility when it comes to choosing resources you need
- make sure you collect your keys from journey
2. Play a lot of games if possible. Rounds won in a lost game also count towards the bonus points (that X/24 bar over your quests menu).
3. Try alternative game modes. I see many totally new players in Draft mode, where they can build their decks from cards that they don't yet have - this way they learn how these cards work and they have more chances to win, as they are not limited to their slim card collection.
4. Visit contracts page often (don't mistake quests with contracts, as these are two different things) and pin those that you feel you're able to fulfll with your current cards collection. Each contract will reward you some resources. Many contracts are not based on "win a game" pattern, but tons of different easier criteria, so you can also build temporary decks specifically for a given contract/criteria. Sure you will most likely lose using such deck, but you will do some steps further towards your goal.
5. Spend your keys wisely. Target reward trees of a faction you want to have a go at and focus on the paths, that will reward you with more resources that you currently need.
6. Mill your duplicate and unused cards. There are tons of cards in this game, and you most likely already have quite a few, that you've not played at all and you likely won't play at all, because they suck. Mill them. Sooner or later when you will overcome your main problems of not having cards you want/need, you will be able to craft them again just for the sake of having them in your collection.

Reward points from contracts are what I'd recommend you focus on.

Build decks designed to complete contracts quickly and play for 1-2 losses in Training mode. Some of the "do X 10/100/500/1000" contract chains can be completed VERY quickly that way. The Bleeding, Vitality, and Berserk chains in particular can be completed in a just a few dozen matches. Heck, a good bleeding deck is actually competitive these days. :p

It may seem counter-intuitive to play a losing deck, but you will gain a lot more RP quickly that way. Use them wisely to buy kegs for a few different factions and you should have a few more options available for playing against tougher opponents.

Top Bottom