Life Choices: What do you think is/was the best life path for the game ?

+
It has another purpose. If the game didn't have the montage. They'd have to introduce Viktor into a mission. Which would be a longer intro. They didn't want to do that. So you meet him in those glimpses. And in 6 months, you became friends. So the whole owing money thing "works" better. They skipped building up character connects. Which is why people don't feel invested. This BADLY affects T-Bug. Because they couldn't even bother to make a mission for her. Yo Jackie died. Here's his wake and GF. T-Bug, who's that? T-Bug should have been reduced to a AI like Delamain.

I agree. Those opening characters feel a bit wasted its why I like the nomad opening best. Sure its only a little bit longer, but at least you feel like you went through some shit with Jackie.

Nomad because the way you play in night city currently is as if your past does not matter at all and you are totally a stranger to the place and the corpo/ street kid backgrounds / any backgrounds for that matter don't change anything and there is no meaningful interaction between the backgrounds and story.

With corpo or street kid, I would expect people in Night City, the different fixers, factions and general main story NPCs to react to your background more dynamically - which is not the case now, and as a Nomad as I pointed out you're kinda the blank slate, which at least makes some sense for that background and not the other ones.
Oh and the mannerisms mentality of the protagonist V between Nomad and Street kid can be very similar - in example "me against the world" kinda thing as these characterizations portray them but the difference as pointed out a Street Kid would have had more meaningful dynamic interaction with the Night City factions and NPCs.

^And yeah, these background stories at the start are short, but at least Nomad one is the most cohesive one, without any logical narrative loops and problems to it.

Last edited:
I chose Corpo, and am happy with the choice. I like the idea of my V having initially sold her soul but gets it back through her adventures. Plus, it makes the dynamic with Jackie more interesting.

I can't tell from the Corpo into when V and Jackie met - was she more of a street kid who ran with him before joining Arasaka, or was she a Corpo when they first met?

You should try corpo, I actually didn't feel that much like the bad guy but more like a cornered animal
Right?! I started corpo, and went for the nomad ending. To me, it seemed V (in my case male) just wanted an excuse to get out of corpo life, with Jackie being the catalyst for leaving it all behind. Then that progressed to working as a street-kid merc, who then finds Panam and leaves Night City with the love of his life, now as a nomad, to find something simpler, and hopefully a cure. Was actually really happy with the playthrough I had, and it made for some interesting conversations with Johnny about how far someone should/could really go to stop corporate greed.

Nomad seems to give my V a little more substance and meaning from living out in the harsh lands to then moving to NC makes for a more fluid progression.

My first play was corpo, now i am going nomad, i know there is nothing that really changes in the game, but i like the idea of the badlands girl trying to find their way in the big city and getting a chip stuck in their brain, epic history.

I think other than the intro element, and your own internal perception of your character and how you like to imagine them, that we know now the lifepath makes virtual zero difference to anything. If the choice means something to you, great otherwise I think it's now an unfortunately vestigial element of an imagined different game we expected to be playing.

Top Bottom