Life Choices: What do you think is/was the best life path for the game ?

+
So I chose the Corpo life choice and has been okay but everyone seems too forget that my V was there in corpo and she constantly reminds people when the dialog is bought up.

Also it does feel like all the life choices are half done ? Seems like there should have been more before you meet Jackie or at least the Corpo one is.

But is still interesting when talking to Johnny about it.

What does anyone else think is the best one for the dialog options and overall feel of the game ?

Sadly, there's not much difference. But I would choose Street Kid :/
tenor.gif

i'm currently corpo but after doing some of the badlands missions, i'm interested in nomad. if CDPR can make the lifepath's have more weight then i'd probably go nomad honestly.

cl656

Forum regular
As a person who beat the game, The overall dialogue and story feels like it was written mainly for the street kid in mind. Which is no surprise, since the Street Kid is whose in the E3 trailer, the early gameplay footage, and who is basically the poster child.

Street kid seems the most thematically fitting.

The other two are kinda... none existent to their own degrees after the 10 minute intro, and unfitting with what V does throughout the game.

Nomd is the only way, the only one that feels relevant as the others just have minimal impact of game. as bad as they all have been neglected.

i went Nomad. but V speaks like a Street kid no matter what you pick and all the life paths converge into the same story anyway and you barely remember which one you picked

I mean they couldn't even change the manner in which Corpo V speaks to fit his character? no cold, concise and business-like mannerisms and speech.

super disappointing.

I played Street Kid on my first playthrough - but got quite " Nomad ending " eventualy. No regrets on my first decision, it was fun.

Now my 2nd playthrough I'm mainly exploring the game avoiding main story as Corpo. I barely see any difference. V has the same personality no matter what. Just knowledge about the world changes and you have some flavour dialogues ( sometimes decisions change too ) But it's not enough.

Lifepath choice was overhyped. :cry:

I would say Street Kid was probably canon, with corpo being a close second. Nomad is great, but it seems to only work out in the badlands. In the city it's practically useless, and since 90% of the game is done in the city, at street level, it's probably Street Kid.

Ironically, as much as the lifepaths don't matter at all, the conversation pieces with Street Kid are just worthless all around.

I went Corpo expecting it to give me an in when dealing with the corps... except the options come few and far between and have barely any impact (if at all).

Basically, like all other "choices" in the game, they're completely meaningless.

None of them matter. Yea you get some special dialog options but those don't have any impact on the gameplay or story or outcomes of quests.

The game is designed and implemented around street kid without a doubt. All of the dialog and mannerisms are street kid. I expected a change between life paths, but no matter which one you pick it's all the same. Also, every "lifepath dialog" option you get is useless and has no impact at all. You will say the same thing and get to the same end path either way. Kind of disappointing, why even bother having 3 lifepaths if they are not going to change anything at all. I'm sure the intention was there and was cut down like the rest of this game. CP77 could have been groundbreaking for the game industry. If only they spend what was it 8 years developing more efficiently. I still enjoy the game do not get me wrong, but it could have been simply a masterpiece of a video game.

The lifepaths don't make much difference. But at least they make SOME difference. Theres the intro, which is far shorter than I expected it to be tbh, and some NPCs have dialog that seems dependant on the lifepath.

My first V is a street kid, and I had Mitch the Aldecaldo call me a "city girl" cause I asked too many questions. I had Johnny call me a "dirtgirl from Heywood who thought she could walk few blocks away from home".

Today I had the coolest one, basically a bartender in Charter hill told me to GTFO because apparently someone from Watson wasn't up to the standards of the place. Now that I think of it, I wonder if it even was lifepath related.... since it refers Watson.
20201216214704_1.jpg

I guess my next playthroughs will tell me how much of this is actually lifepath related. Id say it makes very little difference despite what CDPR claims.

Streetkid is the best to me compared to Corpo. I was excited to try corpo but then I wasn't really enjoying the story much. Choosing streetkid made things make so much sense. The montage completely fits with streetkid, it all makes sense. I actually kind of got to know Jackie and enjoyed being with him, prior to playing the game and also while playing Corpo I didn't really like him and didn't care much for him.

I have to say I really do think content was cut. When playing streetkid, as mentioned before, the montage fits perfectly, making me think there would be quite a difference for the others. Not sure about nomad.

I still haven't finished the game (shied away 10 minutes ago from the "you are reaching the no return point" warning) but as I am the kind of person who tries a lot of characters, I have played for 80 hours several characters.
Nomad is I think the best one. The intro itself is the longuest, and even have its own action sequence, then the cut scene with jackie makes a lot of sense (but beaten by corpo here, as with corpo, you really understand that your character is first beaten down then over time likes his new life)

Nomad. It had the best introduction to Night City imo.

Street Kid felt like it was run-o'-the-mill, and I refuse to choose corpo. From what I hear you start with more resources but I'll take less resources and a soul.

Top Bottom