Life Choices: What do you think is/was the best life path for the game ?

+
Nomad. It had the best introduction to Night City imo.

Street Kid felt like it was run-o'-the-mill, and I refuse to choose corpo. From what I hear you start with more resources but I'll take less resources and a soul.

You should try corpo, I actually didn't feel that much like the bad guy but more like a cornered animal

Act 1 seems to flow best from the Street Kid prologue. V has some contact with Night City's fixers and the skills to transition into merc work.

Nomad fits better with some of the later side missions/optional endings.

I picked Corpo because I work a soul-sucking corporate job in real life and wanted to relate. It was occasionally useful to have an insight into the inner workings of the corps.

Hard to say honestly.

I chose nomad because the in-game description said nomads are known for their honesty and integrity. But to be honest, I didn't see examples of that in my playthrough.

What different Life patch .At the last you just poor thieve . Life path is one of they lie system.

I think a lot of system in game it Just (I put it) System like Life Patch or Cybernetic .

I made this comment in other topics but one thing I found odd about street kid was how after Jackie basically tried to carjack you the two of you become best buddies. Unless I'm remembering incorrectly?

I made this comment in other topics but one thing I found odd about street kid was how after Jackie basically tried to carjack you the two of you become best buddies. Unless I'm remembering incorrectly?

You remembered correctly. After you're face down on the pavement its a fade to black, then a quick conversation then opening montage with Jackie. It's quick and its weird. with Nomad it at least felt like we went through some shit together, even if its brief. Corpo has a surprisingly interesting take but its also kind of vague. Like I got the impression you knew Jackie from before, or he's someone you've hired a bunch before. He talks to you like you're old buddies its kind of weird because it's never explained. It's for these reason I feel the Nomad has the best opening.

ive done nomad and they seem to have more dialogue options leaning towards tech and nomad life lore... new character is street kid and only have a few hours in them but the dialogue seems to lean more towards city life/gang knowledge...

edit: it only seems to affect minor fill dialogue.

ive done nomad and they seem to have more dialogue options leaning towards tech and nomad life lore... new character is street kid and only have a few hours in them but the dialogue seems to lean more towards city life/gang knowledge...

edit: it only seems to affect minor fill dialogue.

There are definitely some changes in dialogue in very subtle ways that I've noticed (nomad play-through first, now on street kid) which I find interesting. Talking to Jackie about Dex, the first meeting with Meredith Stout, to name some. However, I've only made it up to initiating the heist so not far in enough to really see how it feels.

Ultimately I chose to play Corpo before the game came out and so I stuck with that decision. The one thing that totally surprised me from the openings is that Corpo is the only one that knows Jackie beforehand.

At any rate, after going through all of the openings I kind of liked the Street Kid opening the best although there's a certain disconnect that goes along with it since you don't actually know the people your character is supposed to know. Nomad feels good since you wouldn't know much about Night City and Corpo is sort of in the middle in that you were supposedly living the high life and just kind of ignored the rest of Night City. Of course the opening montage just makes everything feel a bit nonsensical so I choose to ignore as much of it as possible. The montage gives me no useful information other than showing that time has passed. Like I'm just supposed to figure out characters and backstory from that? C'mon..

Ultimately I chose to play Corpo before the game came out and so I stuck with that decision. The one thing that totally surprised me from the openings is that Corpo is the only one that knows Jackie beforehand.

At any rate, after going through all of the openings I kind of liked the Street Kid opening the best although there's a certain disconnect that goes along with it since you don't actually know the people your character is supposed to know. Nomad feels good since you wouldn't know much about Night City and Corpo is sort of in the middle in that you were supposedly living the high life and just kind of ignored the rest of Night City. Of course the opening montage just makes everything feel a bit nonsensical so I choose to ignore as much of it as possible. The montage gives me no useful information other than showing that time has passed. Like I'm just supposed to figure out characters and backstory from that? C'mon..

I literally mentioned what you point out about Jackie in the Corpo intro in another thread. I honestly felt that was kinda weird, especially since it's not really explained or expanded on.

From a gameplay perspective, it doesn't matter much which path you choose.

Although, I suppose there's an argument to be made for nomads. Because they're separated from Night City (and thus the corruption), nomads are a more upstanding people. Not all nomads are good of course, but some of them seem like decent people.

I guess what I'm trying to say is nomads have the least terrible upbringing.

I literally mentioned what you point out about Jackie in the Corpo intro in another thread. I honestly felt that was kinda weird, especially since it's not really explained or expanded on.

Not only that, during an argument while you are on the Arasaka raid he says one line about you living with him and his mom. I was like "WHAAAT!???" Pretty huge plot point to cover by one measly line. I mean yeah, the montage shows like one scene where it seems like you meet his mom but it doesn't give you any indication that you actually lived with them. So weird and random.

Although, I suppose there's an argument to be made for nomads. Because they're separated from Night City (and thus the corruption), nomads are a more upstanding people. Not all nomads are good of course, but some of them seem like decent people.

Nomad felt the most natural to me. Like it was supposed to be that way. Also felt the most like my personality.

as a Nomad you get to upgrade bike(as long as your tech is high enough) and get your old car which isnt great but its free and good for its price, in corpo you get to be a huge jerk which i like, and i know there is a bonus mission involved but dont know much apart from that, same with street kid i think

honestly i talked about this in a topic previously but each life path should have a unique passive or different stats or something(nothing major just something to change gameplay a tiny bit, for example nomad's get 10% more chance to find better loot or something)

pretty sure corpo get a unique legendary in that mission they complete too

The montage gives me no useful information other than showing that time has passed. Like I'm just supposed to figure out characters and backstory from that? C'mon..
It has another purpose. If the game didn't have the montage. They'd have to introduce Viktor into a mission. Which would be a longer intro. They didn't want to do that. So you meet him in those glimpses. And in 6 months, you became friends. So the whole owing money thing "works" better. They skipped building up character connects. Which is why people don't feel invested. This BADLY affects T-Bug. Because they couldn't even bother to make a mission for her. Yo Jackie died. Here's his wake and GF. T-Bug, who's that? T-Bug should have been reduced to a AI like Delamain.

maybe i am just ignorant but when i think of nomad i think of mad max........not many upstanding people in that :p so pretty much i tried to play through my first play through as a character from mad max, sadly(for me) nomads are not usually as brutal as those in mad max because i wanted to live out my mad max fantasies

Played a full Nomad playthrough, now on a Corpo run. It's kinda disappointing that the life paths don't make a bigger difference, but at least the dialogue options are nice when they pop up.

i know its minor but i love how you can get your Galena GA40XT Rattler back as nomad, its a terrible car but i still like driving it around, i believe my nomad character would throw up with any thought of driving that car

Top Bottom