[Light Spoiler] Encrypted Shard that does nothing?

+
Hi,

I went to do one of Regina's psycho side-missions, and after eliminating the target, I found a dead Corpo in one of the containers. He apparently has an encrypted shard on him (prompt says 'Report' with a quest-like exclamation mark on it):

1607865895789.png

1607866046792.png

When I pick up the shard, I even get the tutorial message about encrypted shards (despite me having encountered them already). But I can't seem to find the shard in my shards menu, it's nowhere to be found. Also no phone calls, or anything. I don't have any active quests that would suggest me finding such a shard.

Does anyone know what this shard does? Does it relate to another quest I haven't picked up yet? If so, should I just leave it alone for now to not screw up future quests?

Any help is appreciated!

ahh now I understand ... yes had that too. different place different body ( I met someone ( optional choice in the prologue ) wandered around after the meeting and found a body with an exclamation mark on it , but wasn't able to do anything.
I Will never find it back as I still get lost in the city ( which compares to real life and me in a big city .. fortunately, I live in Amsterdam which his pretty small ) .

I have the same, also some shards that I'm picking up from enemies just not in the inventory (shards section)
I can't gauge if this should be reported or not... if this is a general issue with encrypted shards found in the world, then definitely. It would be great if someone could confirm, that on their playthrough these shards actually did something.

If you read carefully the message V sends after dealing with the guy - it has some information that you don't know at that point - this is exactly the part that comes from the shard. It just contains some information about what happened to that psycho, but it doesn't block quest progression. Collecting encrypted shard itself is bugged - if you have tutorial message popping up - it won't appear in the list. I was able to reload from autosave, disable tutorials, pick it up and then decrypt it. As I said, it doesn't contain anything useful other than additional context for quest you've just completed.

When I pick up the shard, I even get the tutorial message about encrypted shards (despite me having encountered them already). But I can't seem to find the shard in my shards menu, it's nowhere to be found. Also no phone calls, or anything. I don't have any active quests that would suggest me finding such a shard.

The encrypted shards seem to appear at the bottom of the menu, In the other "other" category (for some reason there are two categories named 'other'.)

The encrypted shards seem to appear at the bottom of the menu, In the other "other" category (for some reason there are two categories named 'other'.)
I thought I checked every category, but I'll look more closely later. Thanks for the tip.
Post automatically merged:

If you read carefully the message V sends after dealing with the guy - it has some information that you don't know at that point - this is exactly the part that comes from the shard. It just contains some information about what happened to that psycho, but it doesn't block quest progression. Collecting encrypted shard itself is bugged - if you have tutorial message popping up - it won't appear in the list. I was able to reload from autosave, disable tutorials, pick it up and then decrypt it. As I said, it doesn't contain anything useful other than additional context for quest you've just completed.
Ok, that's not that severe then (although I like extra story context). So disabling the tutorial messages "solves" the bug? That's interesting...

Top Bottom