Lighting and/or shading bug

+
I've played through Witcher 3 before and I didn't get this bug, does anyone have recommendations? Also I should add in, it does the opposite at times as well, where it's mid day and it's like I'm in the darkest cave ever found.

Attachments

• Rekt.jpg
    Rekt.jpg
    440.6 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
I have not installed any mods. I've also have gone through the usual check list, restarting the computer, verifying, updating drivers, reinstalling the game all together, messed with each and every setting I think could have caused it, and so far nothing. Hmm... Perhaps a clean reinstall of the gpu driver?

Last edited:
It's possible that it's driver related, although it's weird that it looks like that. But a clean reinstall of the GPU driver is definitely worth a try. Sometimes there are compatibility issues with newer GPU drivers, so rolling back to previous version can also be a solution in some cases.

And make sure to close all non-essential background applications, especially programs with overlay function. You might also check out the suggestions from here: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/witcher-3/pc/sp-technical/issue/1003/the-game-is-not-launching-2 (it's not exactly discussion the same issue but the solutions here are helpful for all sorts of problems).

I still need to try and reinstall the C++ stuff, but so far no signs of the bright white death. However, I am still getting the bug where places are just sometimes way darker than they should be. It only happens sometimes out in the overworld, but it seems like it's 100% of the time in caves, and the only way to fix it is to save in the cave and relaunch the game, which will fix it for a short while anyways, unless you jumping around like I am now with Keira, in which case it goes dark after a portal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom