[Lighting Mod] STLM 2.2

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yellow cellophane still in STML..

I couldn't wait for asmodean.. the grass without extra super ambient occulusion that the environment modders add is really sad to be without. So i caved and have to use essently STML for toussaint.

Noticed it didn't remove the yellow cellophane, just sharing in case it helps all you other reshaders out there
#define RGB_Gamma float3(0.900, 1.020, 1.000)
does the trick just fine.

This pic has some desaturation and my contrast settings applied as well, vanilla is more saturated. Hope it can help someone.

EDIT 1: Post is incomplete, the above image is using 44:skellege brown as well.

EDIT 2: I also managed to completely unturbo the super mod. The color blue is getting buffed by STML (or some combination of lighting..).. you actually want to remove some to get a more natural and less sky blue tone.

ULM:44 Skellege Brown @envblend 55

#define RGB_Gamma float3(0.900, 1.018, 0.910)
#define RGB_Gain float3(1.00, 0.93, 1.00)

#define Vibrance 0.08
#define Vibrance_RGB_balance float3(0.00,5.10,0.00)

#define Curves_mode 2
#define Curves_contrast 0.18
#define Curves_formula 11

Seems to hit the spot.

Essently i remember gets quite beligerent and nasty at people making mods based on his stuff, so ill leave the complete package to you guys. If you remove his specific color style, that glow bright daylight effect he has is pretty good.

Last edited:
really don't want to be a troll or anything, but in my opinion, you could've easily posted this into the already existing STLM thread. I see no real reason to make a new thread, again.

Hey, @essenthy (and anyone else who uses STLM 2.2 with Hearts of Stone), while playing HoS in one particular moment
when you're planning a heist at the herbalists's hut with a hooded stranger and he's telling you about the potential recruits
it seemed to me that the default vanilla cutscene lighting kicked in (was obvious by the close proximity of the blue fog and the colors were all vanilla-like. Does STLM 2.2 use default vanilla cutscene ligthing or does disable it? I haven't really found that bit explained in the description.

Sreenshots of what I was talking about (http://s857.photobucket.com/user/OvationGPLover/library/STLM?sort=3&page=1). Potnetial spoilers there. Night screenshots
of the wedding night
are given just for comparison showing that STLM is working in cutscenes (not vanilla cutscene lighting) but in that other particular moment (spoiler1) it didn't seem to work.

Last edited:
I couldn't wait for asmodean.. the grass without extra super ambient occulusion that the environment modders add is really sad to be without. So i caved and have to use essently STML for toussaint.

Noticed it didn't remove the yellow cellophane, just sharing in case it helps all you other reshaders out there
#define RGB_Gamma float3(0.900, 1.020, 1.000)
does the trick just fine.

This pic has some desaturation and my contrast settings applied as well, vanilla is more saturated. Hope it can help someone.

EDIT 1: Post is incomplete, the above image is using 44:skellege brown as well.

EDIT 2: I also managed to completely unturbo the super mod. The color blue is getting buffed by STML (or some combination of lighting..).. you actually want to remove some to get a more natural and less sky blue tone.

ULM:44 Skellege Brown @envblend 55

#define RGB_Gamma float3(0.900, 1.018, 0.910)
#define RGB_Gain float3(1.00, 0.93, 1.00)

#define Vibrance 0.08
#define Vibrance_RGB_balance float3(0.00,5.10,0.00)

#define Curves_mode 2
#define Curves_contrast 0.18
#define Curves_formula 11

Seems to hit the spot.

Essently i remember gets quite beligerent and nasty at people making mods based on his stuff, so ill leave the complete package to you guys. If you remove his specific color style, that glow bright daylight effect he has is pretty good.

I use your reshade values for B&W with ULM and "56_env_skellige_udalryk" preset. Intensity 0.25 ans slightly increased in game gamma.
The game isn't super yellow anymore, and it's less shiny which i prefer.
Thanks.
After:

Before:

I use your reshade values for B&W with ULM and "56_env_skellige_udalryk" preset. Intensity 0.25 ans slightly increased in game gamma.
The game isn't super yellow anymore, and it's less shiny which i prefer.
Thanks.

Hey,. good to hear other people are playing around with it. From playing tonight, noticed that skellege brown was doing something to the distant lights/fog.. basically it was exposing all those low quality speedtree's that were not good at all.

Found another environment, 58 skellege 210 @envblend 30ish

#define RGB_Gamma float3(0.900, 1.018, 0.900)
#define RGB_Gain float3(1.00, 0.96, 1.00)

#define Vibrance 0.06
#define Vibrance_RGB_balance float3(0.00,5.60,0.00)

#define Curves_mode 2
#define Curves_contrast 0.16
#define Curves_formula 9

Sorry for the crap ss, i try and fix the worst case scenarios. My image also has desaturation, gamma and constrast changes applied as well, but that style is typically not popular around here so those are all thats needed.

Getting there.

EDIT: Updated the green vibrancy value. Yeah i know im subtracting from the highlights but it does look better. Quite happy.. somehow i managed to make stml look like my vanilla realistic preset. Lol. There's a strange weather happening in the scene but hilarious!!

Last edited:
Hey,. good to hear other people are playing around with it. From playing tonight, noticed that skellege brown was doing something to the distant lights/fog.. basically it was exposing all those low quality speedtree's that were not good at all.

I have played like this with many games, not just W3 :)

Thanks again.

I have played like this with many games, not just W3 :)

Thanks again.

Nice one. Fast forward one day and im back to other solutions. The non tousaint lighting doesn't work so well in the afternoons and i can't get rid of the bright toddler blue. And it was driving me crazy.

It was a fun experience, no harm done :)

Same for me, don't have red fog.

Me neither.

By the way folks, have you seen increased IGNI particles in STLM 2.2 like they were shown in this video? In the description @essenthy says that you've gotta invest in your IGNI skills. Is he talking about IGNI intensity?

Fast forward to 8:11 in this clip.

Last edited:
Can someone make a custom version that only includes the 2.2 swamp and Fyke island?

Swamps and Fyke island are pretty much like in that essenthy's clip above that I attached - kinda greenish. Swamps and FI are atmospheric even though it's not brownish like in the E3 video but I felt that the transition between swamps and another part of Velen (same goes for Fyke island and other parts of Velen) is not subtle - it's a bit too intense.

For example I rode Roach from the Swamps to Velen and envs (I think that's what lighting tables are called, sorry I'm a total layman) are being switched in like 3 seconds. It's like you step 6 feet back and it's all foggy, step 6 feet forward - and the weather is clear with sun shining.

It'd be grand if it was possible to make swamps and Fyke island brownish like in that screenshot from STLM nexus page. But I went there (I assume it's Fyke Isle) and it was the same greenish hue that swamps have.

Last edited:
Hi guys just wondering if any of you had solution to my problem here, so every time i start or load a save game the lighting will go back to vanilla and i had to meditate for two days straight to make the mods working, also if i go to different area same thing will happen again and i need to meditate again. If anyone have a solution for this please help me

Is it just me, or is essenthly now desaturating like a boss? I was trying STML again.. actually decided to remove it because it was sapping the colors and changing the time of day lighting.. in ways i used to do... its makes my reshade a little too extreme. Jaw drops.

At the moment im sticking with vanilla all the way considering the lack of asmodean. Its no way the same as the environment changes, but a little more negative exposure and increased curves can try to make up for it.

Can someone make a custom version that only includes the 2.2 swamp and Fyke island?

Just do it, as long as you don't claim its your own or redistribute it. The way modding works is people take others stuff and change it all the time with credits, but essenthly has got his knickers in a knot many times over him wanting to give permission for anything derived from his stuff, so because its been said it would be right to ask. Just in case lol, not that i've ever tried, but he does turn people down, funny stuff.

Last edited:

Guest 3841499

Is there a CLEAN version of STLM? I mean a version that simply makes cut-scene lighting = in-game lighting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom