[Lighting Mod] STLM 2.2

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest 3841499

Thanks! Is cut-scene lighting superior to normal in-game lighting?

Thanks! Is cut-scene lighting superior to normal in-game lighting?

It's a matter of personal preference, many people liked it (I personally wasn't the biggest fan).

Comparison video below
[video=youtube;j7M6ck2yUvQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7M6ck2yUvQ][/video]

Can someone make a custom version that only includes the 2.2 swamp and Fyke island?

This would be lovely to have. I tried unpacking the mod files to see if there were particular parts that could be separated and then repacked but had no luck. Maybe someone else will have more success?

I've noticed that the lime green illuminated foliage is still present when facing the sun. Is this by choice or is it part of the lighting and unable to be changed?

He is.

@essenthy

Can you please upload a version without your color grading?

Toussaint went from this:

To this:

Hey, folks! Can anyone upload screenshots of what Toussaint looks like during daytime with only STLM 2.2.1 installed. I'm not sure if it's working is intended or not. It's just these screenshots that @BialyWilkk posted have me in doubt, particularly that teal sky.

Last edited:
Dear Essenthy, is it possible to fix crashing of mod after changes of weather ( almost always after rain ) or after some cutscenes from the main story?

Dear Essenthy, is it possible to fix crashing of mod after changes of weather ( almost always after rain ) or after some cutscenes from the main story?

I'm not sure it is STLM's fault. I haven't had a single crash after weather change with it.

this is not a problem with the mod since it works absolutely fine for me, try verifying your files

Is there a recommended gamma/brightness value for STLM 2.2? I understand that such things vary depending on the monitor; I've tried playing around with the slider and the game looks either too "dim" or too "washed out" (vague terms, I know, but hopefully I got my point across).

Is there a recommended gamma/brightness value for STLM 2.2? I understand that such things vary depending on the monitor; I've tried playing around with the slider and the game looks either too "dim" or too "washed out" (vague terms, I know, but hopefully I got my point across).

I think STLM has been optimized for the default in-game gamma value.

I would recomend calibrating your monitor if you haven't already and for that this site might prove helpful.

I think STLM has been optimized for the default in-game gamma value.

I would recomend calibrating your monitor if you haven't already and for that this site might prove helpful.

I have tried using that site before and wasn't particularly fond of the results. It may technically provide the "proper" image for viewing movies and the like, but it's not necessarily well suited for playing video games in my opinion. I doubt my monitor is the problem here as I haven't faced this issue in any other game.
It probably all comes down to the fact that the in-game gamma slider was not designed to be used with lighting mods, so aside from using Reshade/SweetFX presets on top of STLM, my only real option is to play the game in Borderless Window mode, since that apparently ignores the in-game gamma value altogether; the downside to that, however, is it makes my game stutter to a near-unplayable degree for some reason. Not to mention Essenthy himself has stressed that the mod is "calibrated to be played in Fullscreen, not Borderless/Windowed," which is why I'm asking about the recommended gamma value.

Last edited:
I have tried using that site before and wasn't particularly fond of the results. It may technically provide the "proper" image for viewing movies and the like, but it's not necessarily well suited for playing video games in my opinion. I doubt my monitor is the problem here as I haven't faced this issue in any other game.
It probably all comes down to the fact that the in-game gamma slider was not designed to be used with lighting mods, so aside from using Reshade/SweetFX presets on top of STLM, my only real option is to play the game in Borderless Window mode, since that apparently ignores the in-game gamma value altogether; the downside to that, however, is it makes my game stutter to a near-unplayable degree for some reason. Not to mention Essenthy himself has stressed that the mod is "calibrated to be played in Fullscreen, not Borderless/Windowed," which is why I'm asking about the recommended gamma value.
There is no "recommended gamma value", only recommended thing is to have a proper monitor that is also properly calibrated.

There is no "recommended gamma value", only recommended thing is to have a proper monitor that is also properly calibrated.

A "proper" monitor? What, did I give you the impression that I was viewing games on a microwave? Calibration is not some concrete, one-size-fits-all process that works for everything; your display could be calibrated differently depending on what you're going to be doing with it primarily (hell, the time of day and environment play a role in it, too). The site that Mezziaz recommended gets brought up everywhere from what I've seen, but it's not really ideal for games in my opinion. If you read my original post, you'll see I acknowledged that the gamma value varies depending on the monitor. And like I said, I only asked because Essenthy stressed that his mod should be experienced in Fullscreen mode, which relies on the in-game gamma setting.

A "proper" monitor? What, did I give you the impression that I was viewing games on a microwave? Calibration is not some concrete, one-size-fits-all process that works for everything; your display could be calibrated differently depending on what you're going to be doing with it primarily (hell, the time of day and environment play a role in it, too). The site that Mezziaz recommended gets brought up everywhere from what I've seen, but it's not really ideal for games in my opinion. If you read my original post, you'll see I acknowledged that the gamma value varies depending on the monitor. And like I said, I only asked because Essenthy stressed that his mod should be experienced in Fullscreen mode, which relies on the in-game gamma setting.
Oh look more unnecessary rambling in a long post.

Proper monitor = display that is as close as possible to 100% sRGB coverage
Properly calibrated = if the manufacturer calibration isn't that great, the monitor needs to be calibrated with a colorimeter

Is the "back-light" or projector type thingy on Geralt when it rains intentional? Seems pretty out of place as when the weather is clear, Geralt looks like he is just "a part" of the world and when its raining he looks like he's on a spotlight. You can clearly see it if you switch the weather back and forth from clear to raining with the console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom