[Lighting Mod] STLM 2.2

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
You dare to question the almighty god of lighting?! who are you even? just go and troll somewhere else, this is a serious thread in a serious forum.
STLM 2.2 looks exactly like E3 2014 and you shall not question this mod as it is the elixir of my life.
fuckin' downgrade, man, I hate CDPR!!! They're dead to me.
Will never buy any of their products, mate. It's your fault @thibaudv
Stop defending CDPR, yo

Dead to you.....still commenting on their forums.

You dare to question the almighty god of lighting?! who are you even? just go and troll somewhere else, this is a serious thread in a serious forum.
STLM 2.2 looks exactly like E3 2014 and you shall not question this mod as it is the elixir of my life.
Stop defending CDPR, yo

Ah, shut up Wookie :)

Stop defending CDPR, yo

What is a purpose of this post? Start another shitstorm?

The top one is STLM, bottom Vanilla.

Here's the swamps/Fyke Isle as well for comparison:

Vanilla: http://i.imgur.com/5BqQM6P.jpg
STLM: http://i.imgur.com/mT0MKMu.jpg

...Oh for a stand alone :)
Thanks for that clarification. :) I thought that's how it was but wanted to double check.

You've certainly given me reason to reconsider testing without STLM. That's not to criticize Essenthy's work, because it does still look amazing, it's just a personal preference for each person.

Thanks for that clarification. :) I thought that's how it was but wanted to double check.

You've certainly given me reason to reconsider testing without STLM. That's not to criticize Essenthy's work, because it does still look amazing, it's just a personal preference for each person.

It's absolutely worth trying out. I think it's been a trade off though in some respects. I think it was a setting in ULM? Ultimate Lighting Mod? Where you could adjust the range of the distance fog. It seems in STLM that it's been stretched out quite far and has affected the clouds in the sky as well making them stand out perhaps too much. Interiors seem a bit too bright as well.

I unpacked the files using quickbms in hopes of removing the interior settings and some of the more conflicting zones. I had no luck though getting it to work which was a bit of a shame. Tried packaging the swamp settings on their own but that didn't work either.

There must have been hours of testing and tweaking though to make it, just having a skim through the files. Can't fault the author for effort. Velen's looking really nice at dawn and dusk in this release in particular. I'm not sure if there's a way around that distance fog and clouds issue though sadly.

Am I really supposed to quote forum rules even in the Modding section? Where people should have a nice, civil discussions brimming with technical knowledge?

Please don't make me.

It's absolutely worth trying out. I think it's been a trade off though in some respects. I think it was a setting in ULM? Ultimate Lighting Mod? Where you could adjust the range of the distance fog. It seems in STLM that it's been stretched out quite far and has affected the clouds in the sky as well making them stand out perhaps too much. Interiors seem a bit too bright as well.

That is basically what i wrote about a year ago and the reason i used ULM togehter with STLM, the blend in and fog regulation sliders make ULM the perfect addition imo to STLM, even if vanilla is in many instances the better choice i appretiate all the work that was done with STLM and think it is n Version 2.2 way better then 2.1.
But things like the transitions especially from and to downwarren are just a little to rough also the nights are still not to my taste. That is because i will use the darker nights mod again, when that got an update.

All in all i think this is the best Version of STLM period, but i think we should be moveing on from the "perfect" lighting idea and create this "perfect" lighting ourselfs for each and every one of us with the mods we have at our disposal now. :)

Last edited:
That is basically what i wrote about a year ago and the reason i used ULM togehter with STLM, the blend in and fog regulation sliders make ULM the perfect addition imo to STLM, even if vanilla is in many instances the better choice i appretiate all the work that was done with STLM and think it is n Version 2.2 way better then 2.1.
But things like the transitions especially from and to downwarren are just a little to rough also the nights are still not to my taste. That is because i will use the darker nights mod again, when that got an update.

All in all i think this is the best Version of STLM period, but i think we should be moveing on from the "perfect" lighting idea and create this "perfect" lighting ourselfs for each and every one of us with the mods we have at our disposal now. :)
ULM and STLM are compatible with each other by default, or did you have to do a lot of work to get them to play nice?

I agree with your statement that I would love to move more towards mods that are really customizable so that people will stop hassling mod makers like essenthy for not making his mod EXACTLY how they wanted it to be and instead find ways to give users controls, but I have no clue how much work that is to pull off for mod makers. I know KNG's DOF mod is perfect for me because he has controls and I could tweak it how I wanted, but that may be super tough to do, and STLM is a massive undertaking in general.

ULM and STLM are compatible with each other by default, or did you have to do a lot of work to get them to play nice?

ULM modifies playerwitcher.ws while STLM has no scripts at all.
So, they kinda work together by default.

I once tried ULM for similar reasons, but something gone wrong, and i had to reinstall all of my mods...

ULM modifies playerwitcher.ws while STLM has no scripts at all.
So, they kinda work together by default.

I once tried ULM for similar reasons, but something gone wrong, and i had to reinstall all of my mods...
Well I know the first thing I'm trying when I get home! STLM 2.2 and ULM.

One of these days I'll actually play the game and stop modding it, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom