[Lighting Mod] STLM 2.2

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

It looks great,it adds so much more depth to the vanilla lighting.

Now back to Toussaint to take some proper screenshots :D

@essenthy Just want to make sure if KM is supposed to look like this in STLM2.2. I noticed that the mountain (white rocks) stands out at night, I guess it is because of the stronger illumination in general. Btw, I think the DOF in KM is definitely interesting, but it might be a bit too strong to my taste. I looked a few places, the swamp looks more balanced than previous version, novigrad and skellige look magically stunning in STLM2.2. Have not made my game to BnW yet. Really well done and thanks for sharing.
View attachment 49951

Attachments

• vanilla stlm2.2.1.jpg
    vanilla stlm2.2.1.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 79
I'm loving the optional hair mod. Default hair was a bit too stiff compared to this.

As for the main mod, honestly this is literally a downgrade. Getting rid of overexposure is not a good idea. It exists to compensate for the fact that lighting system no longer uses global illumination. Without it you literally downgraded an already downgraded lighting system. It looks OK in some situations but in most of them it looks flat. Especially during night.

Eh, maybe CDPR will add BaW lighting to the main game at some point. That's the only real way to fix what their own downgrade.

dear god, some posts ...

if mods want to close this mess, they are free to do so, i no longer care about discussing this mod here

obviously the mod has issues and i clearly stated that in the mod page in Nexus, but no one want to read apparently, i shared something that i made for myself and that i am playing with everyday, because i play the damn game at the end of day i dont spend my time looking at how the sun is at any given time, of course the sun area is broken, i didnt have time to fix it everyhwere, fixing properly that alone for every area would probaly take a month and its complicated to fix to begin with, but i though peoples wouldnt mind, they would be busy playing the game like myself instead of nitpicking every little thing they want or think is wrong

i will post updates on Nexus ( if ther's any ), and if you really want to reach me, you can try on twitter @essenthy

@essenthy
Yeah, its cool, though i haven't had many time to enjoy it yet

And you're right, you said it has issues and you also said previously that some areas will look (way) different than in 2.1.
You warned, you did your job.

And thanks once again for sharing!

dear god, some posts ...

if mods want to close this mess, they are free to do so, i no longer care about discussing this mod here

obviously the mod has issues and i clearly stated that in the mod page in Nexus, but no one want to read apparently, i shared something that i made for myself and that i am playing with everyday, because i play the damn game at the end of day i dont spend my time looking at how the sun is at any given time, of course the sun area is broken, i didnt have time to fix it everyhwere, fixing properly that alone for every area would probaly take a month and its complicated to fix to begin with, but i though peoples wouldnt mind, they would be busy playing the game like myself instead of nitpicking every little thing they want or think is wrong

i will post updates on Nexus ( if ther's any ), and if you really want to reach me, you can try on twitter @essenthy

@essenthy, don't fixate on some negative posts - you can't please everyone, just try to block those off. I've been following your updates on twitter almost every day and it would be a shame if you decide to go into silent mode on these boards again.

Last edited:
A lot of people here are a bunch of princesses.

How many months did you put into this mod @essenthy ? Like 6-7, or even 8? People don't realize how much work you did put into this mod and they dare ask for more and more because it isn't good enough for their tastes. Well guys, start learning how to mod and change the env files yourselves because I feel like you're really pushing your luck too much with @essenthy .

We got this amazing modder @essenthy that made a mod for himself and decided to share it with us. And all you can say is" Not good enough, do better". Well, if you don't like it, stop being rude and don't use the mod. Anyway, feels like it's kinda late for that.

I hope you keep updating your mod @essenthy . It's amazing and I recognize the work you put in this work. TW3 feels 10x better with this mod on. If you don't, well I'd understand.

Thank you for everything you've done so far. I'll be playing the game with your mod and I'll be waiting on the next news of STLM. You're a great modder.

EDIT: And it's not even about pointing out aspects that needs improvement in the mod.Criticism is good. It's mostly about people being rude as hell when they criticize the mod. I don't understand why people are rude toward STLM.

Last edited:
EDIT: And it's not even about pointing out aspects that needs improvement in the mod.Criticism is good. It's mostly about people being rude as hell when they criticize the mod. I don't understand why people are rude toward STLM.

I think it's jealosy. They know they can't do the same half as good as @essenthy has managed to.

dear god, some posts ...

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fuck do you think you're talking to?
Sorry essenthy i saw it later but it only say that the mod has issues but no problem man sorry and good work.

Judging from from all the endorsements on Nexus and all the likes videos about STLM on Youtube generates and so on it's obvious that the vast majority enjoy your mod @essenthy.

Those complaining or even trolling are just a vocal minority the way I see it. Don't let t get to you and keep up the good work and know there a ton of people out there (including myself) that really appreciate the astonishing work you have done and have decided to share with us.

@essenthy said
"- increased light reach in the distance, this is directly dependent of the values you have in user.settings ( for vegetation )"

Does anyone know, which values are those exactly?

I know from the description the mod require the game to be in full screen mod, but are there any other settings required? As bloom on or off? Is every video setting needed to be loaded at its maximum?

I know from the description the mod require the game to be in full screen mod, but are there any other settings required? As bloom on or off? Is every video setting needed to be loaded at its maximum?

It seems to work perfectly fine in borderless windowed.

Those complaining or even trolling are just a vocal minority the way I see it.

Not every post that contains some critic, is trolling. Everyone has its opinion and has the right to say it. If the mod creator likes it or not doesn't matter.
Funny to see how some people acting like criticism would be blasphemy...

@Essenthy
Sorry, but you should also stop acting like a Diva....
Every time you read some negative posts about your project, you act like you do now..

My opinion about that project:
Some areas look really god, but also some not. All in all not my case.
But i still respect the effort you put into your mod. Not many would spend so much time into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom