[Lighting Mod] STLM 2.2

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the hate for fog. Go outside, look at the mountains. You CANNOT see infinitely even on a clear day.

As far as everything shown for 2.3, I think it looks perfect, colors and all. For novigrad, if you can find a way to make the green lighter, that'd be cool. If not, that's fine, still looks excellent. Adore the fog in the recent screen shot, looks identical to E3

Guest 3917060

Hello guys, i would like to have some help, i can't make this mod work, i have done a fresh install to be sure to avoid problems, but the folder is in the right place and i have no change in game.

I'm on W10, 1.31 goty version.

If someone can help me let me know, i really would like to make this mod working :'(

Hello guys, i would like to have some help, i can't make this mod work, i have done a fresh install to be sure to avoid problems, but the folder is in the right place and i have no change in game.

If someone can help me let me know, i really would like to make this mod working :'(

Have you unpacked the zip?

Go inside The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt folder and create a new folder. rename it to Mods. then paste modTurbolighting inside that folder.
you should have similar folder structure as below, containing two files.
The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\Mods\modTurbolighting\content

Are you playing on fullscreen? Because in borderless/windowed the mod won't work as it should.

I was trying to find a way to fix this:

for the swamp area. I didn't mean being able to see the swamp fog from afar; although this could also happen as a byproduct.
anyway, thanks for your explanations.

if you are talking about the fog pop in in stlm 2.2 when you get close to the swamp i fixed this, altho not completely, its a bit smoother now, better than what it is now

Guest 3917060

Guys, i have already done all of that and i'm playing in full screen mode and i have the same structure as you have posted.

It's the only mod i can't make it work

Is it possible to see what is the source of the problem ?

EDIT :

(Sorry was the wrong scrrenshot)

https://snag.gy/Vpnage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Kylvan
Dude, this is the STLM thread. Your question is about HDReworkedProject by Halk, i can see that from your picture. His mod retextures some of the objects in game. If you don't know where to look you won't notice the difference. Textures on large rocks is the most obvious proof that HDReworked is working correctly.

Guest 3917060

@Kylvan
Dude, this is the STLM thread. Your question is about HDReworkedProject by Halk, i can see that from your picture. His mod retextures some of the objects in game. If you don't know where to look you won't notice the difference. Textures on large rocks is the most obvious proof that HDReworked is working correctly.

I have edited my post sorry

Guest 3917060

You think it looks good?

I don't see any differencies between vanilla and this one, but in clear weather it's really wonderfull.

Maybe it's the choice of the author i don't know if it supposed to be look like this

I don't see any differencies between vanilla and this one, but in clear weather it's really wonderfull.

Maybe it's the choice of the author i don't know if it supposed to be look like this

I don't think it works in your case but then again this screenshot doesn't really provide necessary info. I think HH didn't retexture stone pavements.

And we're getting off-topic here. You should post your questions in this thread (http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...3-HD-Reworked-Project-by-Halk-Hogan-PL/page54) or ask the author of the mod himself since most people visit this thread hoping for updates on STLM.

I don't understand the hate for fog. Go outside, look at the mountains. You CANNOT see infinitely even on a clear day.

As far as everything shown for 2.3, I think it looks perfect, colors and all. For novigrad, if you can find a way to make the green lighter, that'd be cool. If not, that's fine, still looks excellent. Adore the fog in the recent screen shot, looks identical to E3

You're right but I don't mean just the mountains this game has fog everywhere, just lookings a couple blocks down the road and in interiors it's everywhere too. this usually causes color banding issues for me as well. In B&W it got worse because they added more bloom it seems(or whatever it was they did), combined with the fog in interiors and now I've got banding issues in places I never did before, like interior light sources.

Last edited:

STLM envs don't work during rainy weather. That's why I meditate till it's clear when it rains.

Guys, i have already done all of that and i'm playing in full screen mode and i have the same structure as you have posted.

It's the only mod i can't make it work

Is it possible to see what is the source of the problem ?

EDIT :

(Sorry was the wrong scrrenshot)

https://snag.gy/Vpnage.jpg

stlm doesnt work in bad weather
meditate till you got clear weather
then, while in velen, check the sun. if the rays are bad, and its just a circle w/o really shining, then stlm 2.2 is working (sun rays are kinda broken there, but afaik its fixed in upcoming version)

My specs:
GPU - GTX 1080
CPU: i7 6700k
RAM - HyperX Fury 16GB

Mods installed:
Atmospheric Nights
Geralt HW Colors and Styles
Improved Sign Effects
Increased LOD
HD Reworked
No Dirty Lens Effect
BLOOD
Chest hair
Geralt enhanced wind effect with HW
Geralt Weathered Face
Real Witcher Eyes

And the STLM.

The problem is - days are dark, sun is nothing but a bright disc surrounded by darkness. How to fix it? Are my mods compatible? I guess so, because even with all of them uninstalled, the problem remains.

I think we might have overestimated them. when a team or a project starts to bloom, it's full of new ideas and although small, it's very strong from within. however as they grow, business takes over and profit becomes more important and thus dictates more. I hate to say but my favorite studio has passed its peak and is now slipping the slope.

ther's no way in hell an artist would validate how vanilla look, its the doing of high ups with no art knolwedge and just management/marketing/money in mind

Hey, I really love watching the different mods changing the game and I love to help wherever I can in my free time while still doing my actual job, but I also gotta say that a bit of respect for the artists who worked their asses off to give you guys Wild Hunt won't hurt.

Edit: And please keep in mind, I am saying that as a "fellow modder".

Last edited:
The problem is - days are dark, sun is nothing but a bright disc surrounded by darkness. How to fix it? Are my mods compatible? I guess so, because even with all of them uninstalled, the problem remains.

Try to uninstall Atmospheric Nights.

Hey, I really love watching the different mods changing the game and I love to help wherever I can in my free time while still doing my actual job, but I also gotta say that a bit of respect for the artists who worked their asses off to give you guys Wild Hunt won't hurt.

Edit: And please keep in mind, I am saying that as a "fellow modder".

You of all people have always our utmost respect buddy and your continuous support of the community is really appreciated.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom