[Lighting Mod] STLM 2.2

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I really love watching the different mods changing the game and I love to help wherever I can in my free time while still doing my actual job, but I also gotta say that a bit of respect for the artists who worked their asses off to give you guys Wild Hunt won't hurt.

Edit: And please keep in mind, I am saying that as a "fellow modder".

As Leopard, we have a good amount of respect for the devs like you (who do their work properly).

As well as we have that, we also dont have that level of respect for the ones who don't do their work properly. And if you read all the things listed since the game come out by people who actually understand what they are talking about, you'll crearly see there are problems, many indeed, which were caused by this non-efficient people.

I know this might sound weird to you since you probably are more related to the programming aspect of the company and not the high level management (financial, economic, etc), and these type of inefficient people are probably found (at least more) in that management level and not in your area, but the problem is that those decisions from the administration affect everything else basically, including your area's work in every aspect you could imagine.

We know things are done for this game regarding those things which could be improved, it's a shame really, but we also -at least- hope these won't repeat (as much as a minimum requirement) in your next games.

If your goal as a company is perfection (related to the product offered), in which you are in a better position than almost any other gaming company, instead of demanding respect you should try reading and incorporing this relevant criticism which came from passionate consumers.

Last edited:
Hey, I really love watching the different mods changing the game and I love to help wherever I can in my free time while still doing my actual job, but I also gotta say that a bit of respect for the artists who worked their asses off to give you guys Wild Hunt won't hurt.

We all respect all of you. This is nothing to judge. We all know that you as a CDProject gave us an amazing game of the year and for me (and for many of us) the best game ever. This is all to one side.

But it seems artists in CDProject doesn't respect us PC gamers. This is my own opinion as PC gamer. I do not see respect from artist team to myself But I still respect them. And when we say something that we think is realty it doesn't mean we do not respect you. I mean look at situation. Really look. Whole 1 year before release and every time we heard we will get the visuals of pre-released game. But we all who love visuals as much as gameplay get dissappointed because of visuals. Everything else is perfect in this game. But as PC gamers we wanted something special for us. Because I think we deserved it. 1st because if not we CDProject wouldn't exist and 2nd CDProject many time promised us that visuals.

PS. I do not talk about 2013 visuals. We already understood that you as a team of our heart had really problems to achieve that visuals. But we know that 2014 visuals was something that we could get. And that was already ready game. You many time said it since 2014 that game fully ready.

And lastly I still hope you will give us that pre-release visuals because you love your very first fans. And we love you too. :)

What are you talking about, guys!
First, you are ungrateful.
Second, the game looks absolutely stunning and amazing. Velen, with its sunsets looks beautiful, Skellige and its mountains look breathtaking.
I don't know what are you talking about.
CDPR is the best producer we have right now.

guys please take this somewhere else...STLM threads have had a lot of heat in the past..just when I thought this one could stay civil all sh!t starts to break loose. Keep it up and mods will close it down ...AGAIN...! :D

Hello there dear @Benzenzimmern !

First off, thank you thousand times for sticking with modders and helping them in their crucial times. I would say you are MVP when it comes to help in this section of forums.

Now to the matter, I think you misunderstood Essenthy little bit. Think is, Vanilla lighting in Velen is not so "outstanding" as many people here, or wherever like to think or say. The perfect example is Toussaint. Afaik, the devs worked something about year or more on Blood and Wine DLC, and they truly did OUTSTANDING job on every aspect on DLC. Story/lighting, the way Toussaint itself looks like, it's just great. Now compare this to Vanilla, you too have great story, the way things are placed, such as trees/villages monsters, it's incredible job and I'm sure no one here could ever imagine how much of work, stress , sweat and "blood" it took to make such game.
But then there is lighting itself, now again, I'm simple person when it comes to modding, but I know which one looks better, and also I know this is nothing like "change of the artstyle". This is simply just because this game can be played on inferior systems (consoles).

The point of my post is, afaik there used to be 4 "graphic" versions of this game 2013/VGX/2014 and vanilla, what we have now. And when it comes to the beauty of the game, We have the worst version out of this. Still looks good, but not as good as their predeccesors.

PS: Just to be sure, I'm in no way regreting of buying this game, and none of us here, I believe, regret paying 40/60 dollars/€ for this game, hell I would pay 150€ because it was WORTH IT. It's just the way CDPR itself turned their backs on us, PC gamers. Which saddens me, a lot.

There's absolutely no point in discussing any of these controversial issues with an employee of the company, at least one that isn't at a high level, it's not productive, you will either get no answer or just a generic vague reply, which is understandable for someone like him, it's not his job to talk about it and he almost certainly can only say so much.
I'm quite sure he's more than aware of everything that has happened and is happening but cannot discuss it much if at all, so it's pretty ridiculous to see these long posts "explaining the situation" as if he was a random bystander.

The thing is that with just a little bit different design decisions this game would look much better, and performance would be the same. After all CDPR proved this with B&W.
I really don't understand why did they choose to make game almost cartoonish in some situations?

I've already said that I tried to fix the problem by disabling all the mods by the STLM. Didn't work out.

Sorry I missed your last sentence from the original post. depending on your game version you may either try to verify integrity of game files via GOG galaxy or Steam. keep in mind that posting these issues in support section of the forum would yield better and quicker results.

Let's keep things peaceful, otherwise the thread gets closed and we don't get to offer feedback at all.

It's really hard to keep things peaceful when most people (me included) feel mad at least to some degree. what's done is done and we can't change that. so instead lets leave it be and focus on the mod development.

cheers

Last edited:
So essenthy im kinda wondering from the teaser comparison you put out and the latest screenshot, it seems the lighting on the trees has changed; is it for the better? Wouldn't the teaser trees be closer to e3? or is it just due to time of day lol? and did u improve colors from the teaser too? I'm obviously not an artist and so i cant put my finger on whats changed besides the mountains and the blue horizon.

Last edited:

since you quoted me, i dont think that i ever blamed the artists, or that anyone did, everyone understand that artists have no such decision power to the point of turning the game from what it was to what we got graphically, if anything everyone love them, as much as we were pissed about the graphics i think everyone enjoyed the game how it is at release well before any mods, me being the first and many other in this thread am sure of that,

i would pay to forget about the game and experience it freshly again, even knowing i wasnt getting what was promised, but i believe those kind of confusion are bound to happen again no matter what, i loved what was shown to me, it was a dream game being made reality, its way beyong the simple fact that it had nice graphics, but it got crushed for X & Y reasons, and honestly it doesnt matter anymore, PC, consoles, horsepower, marketing .. nothing matter, as the only concret thing left is a great adventure with a very sour after-taste that will most likely never go away

PS: if anyone feel that i disrespected his work, please i would be happy to be corrected and learn why things are how they are currently in the game, leaving me ( and many other modders ) in the dark is not very helpful and will certainly lead to confusion

Last edited:
With all due respect to Benznimimxnziminz...whatever it is, Essenthy has a better understanding of lighting effects than the CDP team has. RED engine has always had insane bloom and chromatic coloring that kills realism, and imo, Essenthy Is trying to mitigate that. I'm just speaking plainly here.

Essenthy has a better understanding of lighting effects than the CDP team has.

No, not really. He does have a very good taste when it comes to lighting, you can see it in STLM, but the team of skilled devs already showed us what they can do, and I think none of us can match them. (2014/VGX build)

Just to be sure, I'm no way againts @essenthy here. Where the others have gived up, he stayed and still supporting his mod now for over a year with new version coming soon. This alone deservers atleast some respect. Not to mention what kind of tools are available to modders..

Yes, he does. CDPR is obsessed with bloom and bright colors.

Y'all don't really know what you're talking about.

With all due respect to Benznimimxnziminz...whatever it is, Essenthy has a better understanding of lighting effects than the CDP team has. RED engine has always had insane bloom and chromatic coloring that kills realism, and imo, Essenthy Is trying to mitigate that. I'm just speaking plainly here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom