[Lighting Mod] STLM 2.2

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it similar to what CertainlySenchy did with his extended view distance mod's with vegetation AO? (trying to make what appears after fog limits beign removed to be more 3D like and not so flat)

This is what i was refering to:

This is what i was refering to:

@linaswas_001 is right. Modifying ini setting foliage view distance to 5 is makes trees too beautiful in distance. I mean the chance is too dramatic and after that I can't get back even I began to get 27, 28 FPS in 2k with 980 ti. It makes game to look more beautiful.

---------- Updated at 08:39 PM ----------

I found an interesting SS from witcher 3. This is a picture from the lowest setting of game as author said. What is interesting if this is really lowest setting of game it doesn't make any sense to me. This lowest setting's lighting system looks more beautiful than vanilla ultra lighting LOL. I mean look at the Novigrad lighting, interior lighting. Indirect (ambient) lighting looks more beautiful here. What the actual ***** going on ???

Last edited:
Actually a setting this low only makes colour differences in ambient lighting for example more visible due to missing details (in texture for example).

Actually a setting this low only makes colour differences in ambient lighting for example more visible due to missing details (in texture for example).

Emmm... I do not think the difference is only in ambient lighting. It reminds me even STLM mod. Even may be he lowered setting when he used STLM. But I couldn't find anything in post about it. Again I tried to search original and couldn't. May be he said something about it in original post.

Haha, som my post on reddit has gone Viral :D it is even featured in our local gaming channel.

The lightning in these SS is STLM 2.2, also it's on highest settings possible, the only thing I changed is the value of option called TextureMapBias from 1 to 8. Care to show me where did you found this SS?

Last edited:
Let's compare all this stuff

So we have a complete comparison:

Vanilla (No mods Ultra settings 2k from my computer)

Stlm 2.2 courtesy of amfibiya89

STLM 2.3 courtesy of Essenthy

VGX 2014

Now the comparison is complete! :D

Of course the game evolved a lot since that 2014 VGX picture but thanks to Essenthy some of what changed (and is still ok in-game) can become great again.
Stay positive guys ;)

Attachments

• VGX willage.jpg
    VGX willage.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 52
  • witcher3 2016-10-15 23-22-31-75.jpg
    witcher3 2016-10-15 23-22-31-75.jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 110
  • Cu1IOxHW8AEmnUR.jpg
    Cu1IOxHW8AEmnUR.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 12080116_475215992666223_5797296850101568834_o.jpg
    12080116_475215992666223_5797296850101568834_o.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
2.3 is indeed more natural than before but to my eyes, it's a little too shiny while colors have lost some clarity.

@essenthy;
Is this intentional? or are you working on improving these aspects?

VGX seems to have a little more extendied view (less fog) than 2.3 too, though the different terrain level might influence this (because VGX seems to have terrain at the same level, while the release TW3 version seems to have the same terrain at a lower level).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom