[Lighting Mods] STLM 3.0

+
WalteriusMaximus;n8306690 said:
Mishideman fixed BUGS. Huge difference to actually changing the artistic design of it.

Lens flares ain't no bug as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong. Another thing is "tanned skin" referring to slightly orange Geralt, which again an inspiration from pre-lease footage

Last edited:
Hyadum;n8307630 said:
That's up to essenthy if he allows him to keep working on it or not.
Actually it isn't. There's no copyright protection for a free mod that doesn't even use new assets of any kind created by the modder. And essenthy's mod only modifies existing assets within the game. The only thing that you can't do is upload modified mod on a website like Nexus without the original author's permission because you'd be banned for breaking their rules. Other than that you can do whatever you want.

And to keep it 100% real, even if you create a shitload of new assets for a mod, there's still not much that you can do about copyright. I used to mod Morrowind a long time ago. I can still find mods that incorporate parts of my mods without anyone giving me any credit. Do I care? Not in the slightest.

Last edited:
Ofcourse you can do whatever you want with free mods, there's no copyright as you said. What I was referring to is "common sense" and just respect of other people's work. I guess those rules on nexus are there for this reason? Mishikedman has said many times that he would stop doing this all at once out of the respect he has of essenthy if he hadn't agreed with him modifying his mod. Hopefully you get what I mean.

larsroar41t4 I made a lot of progress friend, fixed pretty much everything reported, but sory what can i do, situation is not good. I am waithing on essenthy, it was never my intention to do something bad or to undermine anyone. So out of respect for him i will not post anything on this thread.

Also there are some clinical and hypocrite people here that know my intention was not or for doing something bad. but either way they know first to say thank you and then spit on you for same reason.
I will not name anyone and for them i got nothing.

We all know about your good intentions Mishikedman, you did some good stuff. Anyway, everyone has their own view of how the game should be, so I decided to play with the essenthy mod and appriciate his artistic choices. Just expressed my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Mishikedman;n8309460 said:
I made a lot of progress friend, fixed pretty much everything reported, but sory what can i do, situation is not good. I am waithing on essenthy, it was never my intention to do something bad or to undermine anyone. So out of respect for him i will not post anything on this thread.
You have already released a million versions of the updated mod.

As someone else said before, I really hope he changes idea and let you work on STLM with him Mishikedman , you 2 together could get it fully done in no time i bet.

Mishikedman essenthy I dont really think he mind you updating stlm, from what i seen from his vague response and no follow up. if he has not messaged you personally telling you to stop, i dont really see why you should. from what i seen, he probably just popped in for a look as he states in his comment and noticed the updates, not understanding the context and background behind the updates his response is logical. but after people tagging him and explaining the background behind the updates he must know you/us mean no harm and only want to help. its kind of annoying him leaving no follow up after his first comment but i would not take it as a stop if he has not replied to you personally.
Mishikedman missing your updates man much love, hope you will upload more :)

Last edited:
I agree larsroar41t4 ! If he cared he would of come back after he left his comment to see what was happening, but he's gone again. Also he didn't specifically say to stop. I hope you continue, your bug fixes have been amazing! Version 45 is stunning! The torch light is perfect! However there are still things to be done, such as the removal of all the moon light shafts with the torch. And I agree with you man, some people are so two faced!

I can't wait for Essenthy to release his new update. Also I was wondering, is it possible to have the vanilla sky, the way it works and its colors, to work in conjunction with the way the ground and everything else looks in STLM 3. Or are the two factors intertwined to the point where it is not possible? I just wanted to know for personal use.

Mishikedman I would want the sky to be exactly like vanilla witcher 3, so the sky and clouds, but the colorgrading and everything else in stlm 3.1 to stay intact as much as possible. If you can do this it'd be really cool.

ImprovizoR;n8308570 said:
Actually it isn't. There's no copyright protection for a free mod that doesn't even use new assets of any kind created by the modder. And essenthy's mod only modifies existing assets within the game. The only thing that you can't do is upload modified mod on a website like Nexus without the original author's permission because you'd be banned for breaking their rules. Other than that you can do whatever you want.

And to keep it 100% real, even if you create a shitload of new assets for a mod, there's still not much that you can do about copyright. I used to mod Morrowind a long time ago. I can still find mods that incorporate parts of my mods without anyone giving me any credit. Do I care? Not in the slightest.

Thank you for clarifying this! Because it seems some people are slightly confused about it.

Top Bottom