[Lighting Mods] STLM 3.0

+
Mishikedman;n8530730 said:
For comparison you have to show strengths of both mods. Why not show different weather types,effects, diferent cloud typs, torch light, torch moon bug, water, underwater, caves, light shafts... You show only one weather type and some bugs on wiedzmin...

True that, I like how your mod implements a warm look to the game, unlike STLM, the game feels cold and robotic like.

I just loaded somes saves and take screens, of course there are a lot more to cover, but its time consuming ! I just have an ultrabook :(

But you're right i know better STLM, so i probably miss goods spots for Wiedz.

Weather: http://imgur.com/a/VJGzo

Last edited:
BigManDon Why did you create an account here? Do you have any qualities or knowledge to contribute? Or are you just here to tell everybody that you prefer Wiezdim over STLM?

Edit: no wait, please don't answer, i do not want to start a discussion with you right now

Everything bad about Wiedzmin was shown. Not a single thing bad about stlm. Also it will be pointles to include same compersions he already did. If you saw all pictures you can see color pallet and all differences.

Hum Skellige STLM look bad to me. Or at least not as good as Wielz.

My screens are just currents situations in gameplay, sunrise, night, etc ...

It was not for pointing bugs.

Last edited:
The most efficient comparison would be a from the beginning unbiased one in my opinion. Tbh I don't see a competition between STLM and Wiedzmin. Wiedzim became a pretty different mod, there are not a lot of parallels anymore. Both have its pros and cons. Its totally up to personal taste what one would prefer.

Mishikedman;n8532550 said:
Everything bad about Wiedzmin was shown. Not a single thing bad about stlm. Also it will be pointles to include same compersions he already did. If you saw all pictures you can see color pallet and all differences.

Would you be willing to make an alternate version that has a color palette and contrast more similar to STLM? I looked at all of the comparisons linked here, i like all of your improvements except the changes in color and much heavier shades, the first comparison here https://imgur.com/a/siB81 illustrates that really well.
I don't want to resort to Reshade since it's a global change and it would break far too many things.

Also I was wondering, how long do you think until the mod is complete enough for a full playthrough without any serious/obvious bugs? I want to get a friend to do his 1st playthrough with mods and would like it to be as good as possible.

Thanks for your time.

You know you are right, i it is pointless to compare them. All we can doo is try to perfect said mods. And all will have something to like :)

linaswas_001 I was using same codes for screens, so it is same cloud types. You can uncook stlm and wiedzmin and see for yourself in csv weather types. Because i use same vanilla clouds like in stlm, plus some fx that i add. Also it is not problem with csv files, it is problem with env and sky... And as a side note, how many time's if you want to be honest did you notice bad textured cloud layers and meshes in stlm ?

K4rx20;n8532380 said:
BigManDon Why did you create an account here? Do you have any qualities or knowledge to contribute? Or are you just here to tell everybody that you prefer Wiezdim over STLM?

Edit: no wait, please don't answer, i do not want to start a discussion with you right now

What? Dude calm down lmao, why you gotta get all salty. Just enjoy the mod.

Top Bottom