[Lighting Mods] STLM 3.0

+
KamehamehaNudel;n10687641 said:
unpack both mods with quickbsm, and then copy velen related envs from 3.1 to the 3.2 folder you just got and then repack with mod editor.

Can you write how to do it step by step? I can't find a quick bsm and I don't know anything about unpacking/ packing the mods

Quick bms comes with script merger
open the exe and follow the on-screen text
yes, it’s that easy...

(unless your on a mac, actually, then you have to build quickBMS yourself, which is a pain in the a**)

Last edited:
Ok, I did as you said, I changed the Velen env but now I can't play the game, it always stops during loading the save ;/

It's not mod limit, I have installed 38 mods and the limit on my PC is 39. To be sure I also removed one, but still it doesn't work. I have also merged every scripts problems in script merger.

Japuk21;n10733431 said:
It's not mod limit, I have installed 38 mods and the limit on my PC is 39. To be sure I also removed one, but still it doesn't work. I have also merged every scripts problems in script merger.

It's probably mod / texture limit. You can't simply solve it by using script merger. Do NOT merge the bundled texts via script merger. You have to use the tool called Mod Merger. So i recommend you to merge your mods with Mod Merger.

STWLM is modification for Witcher 3 made by mixing two most popular lighting mods - STLM and WLM.
Project's purpose was to take advantages from these mods and mix them by personal preference to accomplish something stable, good looking and to eliminate disadvantages which these mods in my opinion had.
Entire project was also improved by weather system designed by TookaFace in Custom Clouds and Weathers. There are few environment files put into it which were designed from scratch by Lexars.
Despite many, many, many hours dedicated to achieve these effect, improvements and changes which I provided, all credits go to Essenthy, Mishikedman, TookaFace and Lexars.
I want to thank at this point many(!) people who were helping in developing this mod, especially Mishikedman for letting me to use his files and many advices.
Special thanks go also to TookaFace who also gave permission to include his amazing mod into STWLM.

bulkane;n10734331 said:
Do NOT merge the bundled texts via script merger. You have to use the tool called Mod Merger. So i recommend you to merge your mods with Mod Merger.

You say that, but that's not correct for mods like Nitpicker's Patch and NPC Scabbards. Those two mods have conflicts that can be resolved with Script Merger by manually merging four files.
ModMerger does not recommend merging those two because they contain XML files.

You said that to me already on Nexus in the Better FX comment section. Are you sure you're right on this? I don't know too much about this so I can only speak from (limited) experience. Maybe I'm missing something.

Script Merger seems to distinguish between "Bundled Text" and "Bundled Non Text". The former seems to be mergable.

You can’t even merge bundled text via mod merger. How should that even work? Merging text is done in script merger (and there it’s done by a text merging program like KDiff) Mod mergers used wcc_lite and some logic afaik. So yeah, PloughEnthusiast, you are right.

Nitpickers has both bundled text and bundled non-text, so you need both programs with their different functions.

So what is considered the best lighting mod? Or does it really comes down to opinion? Im trying all STLM versions but its hard to decide.

That's like asking whether milk chocolate or dark chocolate is the best. And whether Lindtt or Guylian is better. Or whether sea salt or orange is a better compliment.

It is all 100% subjective.

(Leaves to acquire chocolate. Needs to come up with examples that do not create cravings.)

Thanks for the tip @RISE-25, but I dont like the look of it. I tried several other mods beside STLM, and I prefer STLM but I don't know yet which version is my favorite.

Top Bottom