[Lighting Mods] STLM 3.0

+
Evgdan95;n7958180 said:
I was never fond of KNG's dof mod. Well, I'll try to find a sweet spot for the right values.

It's a great mod though & IIRC it had some built-in presets for the DoF so you don't need to go in and tweak all the sliders etc. Could be different now.

Updated the the download link as I made a quick hotfix. Disabled the WT_Mid_Clouds weather type as it was causing problems in Velen/Novigrad.

Example of the issue blow

Thanks to GroveJR for pointing it out.

DJ_Kovrik;n7955130 said:
Open modTurbolighting\content and delete buffers0.bundle file. It contains some sword meshes from dlc10 and I still wonder why the hell that bundle was added to this mod :) Files from there are not listed in metadata.store so Merger can't handle them.

Deleting buffers0.bundle causes Geralt's default hair to disappear. I believe Essenthy added some nonsense hair physics...in a lighting mod.

WalteriusMaximus;n7955010 said:
I'm going to mention it here because I think it is relevant. At the very top of my wish list is a lighting mod for the base game that keeps the original vanilla feel, but adds the "quality" of lighting (which STLM attempts to deliver) as seen in Toussaint. The much higher quality bloom, the motion blur, ambient light, the interior haze, etc. I'm feeling a little cheated by CDPR that they didn't implement their new tricks in the base game as well but I guess we can still hope to get that "Enhanced Edition" hey!

I second this entire post.

WalteriusMaximus;n7960410 said:
Deleting buffers0.bundle causes Geralt's default hair to disappear. I believe Essenthy added some nonsense hair physics...in a lighting mod.

I remember him wanting to make the hair a bit more bouncy to resemble the E3 hair.

WalteriusMaximus;n7955010 said:
I'm going to mention it here because I think it is relevant. At the very top of my wish list is a lighting mod for the base game that keeps the original vanilla feel, but adds the "quality" of lighting (which STLM attempts to deliver) as seen in Toussaint. The much higher quality bloom, the motion blur, ambient light, the interior haze, etc.
I'm feeling a little cheated by CDPR that they didn't implement their new tricks in the base game as well but I guess we can still hope to get that "Enhanced Edition" hey!

I've been wanting the same thing too. I really like the color palette and atmosphere of Vanilla but it lacks a lot technically. CDPR not implementing the B&W enhances is just yet another questionable move on their part and I doubt there's any chance of them being added.

Edit: Sorry about the double post.

Deleting buffers0.bundle causes Geralt's default hair to disappear.

Nope. That bundle contains only swords meshes from dlc10.

I believe Essenthy added some nonsense hair physics...in a lighting mod.

Yes, all that stuff stored in blob0.bundle\characters\models\geralt\coif\model\

Last edited:

Dude, so many shit is happening with your game, what should not.(and others dont get either)
Myb you should consider a clean install.

Valas991;n7961840 said:
Dude, so many shit is happening with your game, what should not.(and others dont get either)

I concur. Mine crashed after a sh!tload of modding / testing sessions. Literally failed to load any new texture mods even if i totally emptied out the mods folder and ran a repair via GOG Galaxy. Clean install and deleted all the saves I had.. but it fixed things.

Valas991;n7961840 said:

:scared:You're probably right...I guess I will start over at the weekend and hopefully it solves all these weird problems I am having.

No Title

Mezziaz;n7960020 said:
Updated the the download link as I made a quick hotfix. Disabled the WT_Mid_Clouds weather type as it was causing problems in Velen/Novigrad.

Example of the issue blow

Thanks to GroveJR for pointing it out.

Hi there, first off thank you for all those fixes. Works perfectly for me on Skellige, however I get this when I come back to Velen... though I applied your hotfixed patch. Other mods installed are HDreworkedproject, friendly HUD, Nitpicker and Bettertorches.

Attachments

• photo117010.jpg
    photo117010.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 80
Mezziaz, DJ_Kovrik, Essenthy
Thanks for great work. Possible get back effect shining grass and tree leaves in Velen. also fix acid orange sunset in novigrad +
von Everec home(zone) grim like in v2.1​

http://imgur.com/a/CL90g
3pic

almost perfect release:)

Last edited:
voidsmith;n7963190 said:
Hi there, first off thank you for all those fixes. Works perfectly for me on Skellige, however I get this when I come back to Velen... though I applied your hotfixed patch. Other mods installed are HDreworkedproject, friendly HUD, Nitpicker and Bettertorches.

Actually had that happen too the other day, so here's another confirmed case of the bloom issue.

I don't know what's wrong with the Velen region, the sun power (postscale) is not consistent. The vanilla postscale value in nml_global_dark_sunset is 1.7. If you go to hanged man's tree, the sun size looks ok. However, if you go to benek, there is a cave over there, at the downhill exit of the cave, you walk out and look at the sun (do wear sunglasses, please), it is going to burn your retinas. More interestingly, if you walk a few steps downhill or uphill, the sun size is normal again! I don't think it has anything to do with the cave, the cave env was not active. The issue is there without any lighting mod. I found this by accident and I am not sure if there are any other spots you could see this. I could not figure out what's the problem and I am not sure if others have the same problem. This might be the culprit of some overexposure problems?

The mod is a great piece of work,you can tell the amount of man hours put into it, with some radical changes...and changing some much comes with a lot of problems and visual incoherences that hurt the overall. I still don't know what to use, vanilla, 2.1 or 3.1.1. For now, i been using vanilla + extended fog mod + the 2.1 fog parameters and 3.1.1 fogs for the swamps and it's been great. Has anyone know how to isolate the added effects (for the signs, the particles in combat and lens flares for example)?

essenthy Mezziaz DJ_Kovrik To start thank you all :) For me this is top essential mod to have :) While your patch fix some "problems" it cause couple of them. First problem is with very bright sun and overexposed bloom that is very much ok in STLM. Second is rain effect that cannot be seen while with stlm it is very present.Clouds selection for certain weather types is somehow off and some clouds seams to be collor of sky blue, very strange to look at. I think it will be ok to start slow, fire collor and von everec estate is big +, fix for torch in Skellige masive + tower of mice is matter of preference. Start small and it will be perfection :D BIG THANK YOU AGAIN TO ALL OFF YOU :D Problem with RAIN http://imgur.com/gallery/2ugTz Problem with BLOOM http://imgur.com/gallery/dosta

Attachments

• modlist.png.jpg
    modlist.png.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 121
sober999;n7965610 said:
Mezziaz, DJ_Kovrik, Essenthy
Thanks for great work. Possible get back effect shining grass and tree leaves in Velen. also fix acid orange sunset in novigrad +
von Everec home(zone) grim like in v2.1​

http://imgur.com/a/CL90g
3pic

almost perfect release:)

Try Von Everec estate again now, updated the link once more.

Also tweaked the Velen/Novigrad weather table (again), not sure this can be 100% fixed tbh

verdwhisper;n7967840 said:
I don't know what's wrong with the Velen region

A lot

Top Bottom