[Lighting Mods] STLM 3.0

+
For all i know, nobody asked him on Twitter for example, he could also say yes.

Edit : So now its clear !

Last edited:

Attachments

• 2017-04-06.png
    2017-04-06.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 140
This is ridiculous to me. Essenthy has stated that he refuses to accept donations so money clearly isn't involved. What is then? Pride? Fame? Having a small number of random anonymous people on the internet knowing that this is his creation that no one else can touch? There is no "practical" reason to refuse others the opportunity to fix a free mod that the creator himself isn't even prioritizing. I know that Essenthy has put countless hours into STLM and I get that everyone is different with their own way of viewing situations but no good comes out of this type of mindset.

I understand not wanting someone elses custom updates in the mods official thread but to outright disapprove of any tweaks even if shared elsewehere is just ridiculous since these are simply modifications of a video game.

Last edited:
this is what the mod's Nexus page state for modifying the mod/permissions :

it was always there and it has been this way since very early

and this what the mod goal is :

i am specifically pulling this from the mod page since it was always there, you didnt even need to ask me, i though about this way before, but peoples dont bother to read or straight dont respect whatever moral rules there is, i obviously dont own anything about STLM and ive stated this myself on my own mod freaking page, BUT HEY I WANT THE GAME TO LOOK HOW I WANT, am sure CDPR left some secret E3 stuff that someone should work on for countless hours and i will be here waiting and crying !

Death132;n8334190 said:
This is ridiculous to me. Essenthy has stated that he refuses to accept donations so money clearly isn't involved. What is then? Pride? Fame? Having a small number of random anonymous people on the internet knowing that this is his creation that no one else can touch? There is no "practical" reason to refuse others the opportunity to fix a free mod that the creator himself isn't even prioritizing. I know that Essenthy has put countless hours into STLM and I get that everyone is different with their own way of viewing situations but no good comes out of this type of mindset.

I understand not wanting someone elses custom updates in the mods official thread but to outright disapprove of any tweaks even if shared elsewehere is just ridiculous since these are simply modifications of a video game.

why should i prioritize this mod ? am i paid for this ? is there a boss somewhere that i owe something to ? you do realize thats its free and am doing it in my FREE time that i should spend enjoying other things than looking at variables right ? espcially after doing that for months and months, but no i have to update it and fix NOW or ELSE !!!$$$

and what if we both update the mod at the same time ? what do we do if he want the sky blue and i want it red ? do i tel him to throw all his work out of the window ? and i already stated that i dont cater to peoples taste but he seems ok with that, see the problem now ? i would prefer that he work on his stuff than wasting time with this

And just to add to this, every "bigger" modder has the message at the end of his description, something like this

which is, by the way from the page of WalteriusMaximus , the person who was saying something completely opposite when it comes to STLM.

essenthy;n8334380 said:
why should i prioritize this mod ? am i paid for this ? is there a boss somewhere that i owe something to ? you do realize thats its free and am doing it in my FREE time that i should spend enjoying other things than looking at variables right ? espcially after doing that for months and months, but no i have to update it and fix NOW or ELSE !!!$$$

I never implied that you should prioritize STLM nor did I imply that you are required to update it. I was saying that since you weren't prioritizing it, it shouldn't be a big deal that someone else took it upon themselves to make updates while you were away.

Like I said I understand not wanting someone elses updates in your thread since you have a specific vision of how you want STLM. If he worked on his own updates and only distributed them privately through messages would you be ok with that?

Last edited:
Death132;n8334440 said:
I never implied that you should prioritize STLM nor did I imply that you are required to update it. I was saying that since you weren't prioritizing it, it shouldn't be a big deal that someone else took it upon themselves to make updates while you were away.

Like I said I understand not wanting someone elses updates in your thread since you have a specific vision of how you want STLM. If he worked on his own updates and only distributed them privately through messages would you be ok with that?

dude he can whatever he want, i always encouraged peoples to make their own modes instead of asking me to do it for them, even to modify STLM, take it as a basis and make your own things, anyone who need help with this can ask me on twitter if needed, peoples already asked me and i always respond when i have time, just cite me in the credits if you ever do something like that

essenthy Thank you for that, I always told everyone that i admire the amount of work you put in this mod, because it can be very tedious. I always stated i am not doing it for credits and in my book all credits should goo to you, because i learned so much from your edits :) Can we post updates again on forum or on separate thread ?

essenthy;n8334460 said:
dude he can whatever he want, i always encouraged peoples to make their own modes instead of asking me to do it for them, even to modify STLM, take it as a basis and make your own things, anyone who need help with this can ask me on twitter if needed, peoples already asked me and i always respond when i have time, just cite me in the credits if you ever do something like that
Good to know, and I thank you for explicitly stating this. When I finish my PC build, I will look for a lighting/reshade mod to make the game more comparable to the E3 presentations. It's nice to know that I can ask you for help when tweaking it.

Thank you for the clarification, essenthy . Since you're working on an update for your mod, if there are no objections, I recommend that Mishikedman continue his project in a separate thread, to avoid confusion or misunderstandings.

So much drama in here.

And here I am I'm still on my first play through!
I stopped whilst 3.0 was getting ready and then life and children got in the way.

Now I wait for this update.

I'm good at waiting.

The first time should be the best it can be.
(at this rate a redux version will be out on Project Scorpio before I get to finish it ;) )

Zat0ichi
Ha, I know what you mean!
Think you're making the right choice ;)
If I could play the game again for the first time with the mods I'm running now... that would be one hell of an experience!

Death132;n8333670 said:
Truthfully all this does is hold back the modding potential of the game. @Mishikedman has proven to be very capable and talented with these frequent updates that were showing a ton of progress. Essenthy clearly has other priorities with how infrequently he comes here and updates the mod. He hasn't even bothered responding to this situation. That is enough to clearly show that this is not a priority for him.

Some people's sense of entitlement is downright puzzling and ridiculous. I'd venture a guess you're a millenial and that mindset is inherent to them. Hell, excuse essenthy for having a life.

Top Bottom