[Lighting Mods] STLM 3.0

+
Okay I'ma post it tomorrow. I took the bad mid weather clouds out and the bad clouds from light clouds too. I will polish mod over time to make it complete and have the most variety while having the quality not look bad. The quick fix should hold yall over.

It is just simple csv eddit what do you need to polish i don't know why you have so much problem with it, also you can make all cloud types look good, you just need more knowledge on how system work. Your mod is to delate ugly cloud type from excel table or shut down that weather type, like dark mid clouds, it is ugly not because texture is bad, it is looking bad because of bloom and exposure, you need to first tweek env, and than some csv line.This thing you are trying to do is easy fix and alredy done in my mod...

Last edited:
Mishikedman;n8437920 said:
It is just simple csv eddit what do you need to polish i don't know why you have so much problem with it, also you can make all cloud types look good, you just need more knowledge on how system work. Your mod is to delate ugly cloud type from excel table or shut down that weather type, like dark mid clouds, it is ugly not because texture is bad, it is looking bad because of bloom and exposure, you need to first tweek env, and than some csv line.This thing you are trying to do is easy fix and alredy done in my mod...

really?

your mod http://i.imgur.com/PAdnJc3.png
stlm 3.1.2 http://i.imgur.com/BBzA5O3.png

Evgdan95 Yes really, if you know how to mod this game, than you will know how it works, try using stoprain in console mod and than meditate to see cloud formation change in my mod, and then make screenshots If you start new game or one of expansion, first cloud formations will be vanilla one, because of that you must enter stop rain command, and than you are set, every other load is ok, and you don't need to run console. Other way around is by deleting every line with bad texture clouds, i didn't do that because i can make them work and look as good as in vanilla game. tennisaddict1999 am i wrong on some point ?

If you are talking about new version of STLM i really dont know, i can uncook it when i come from work, maybe yes, maybe not. But believe me one thing, turning off some cloud layers is not solution, you lose part of a game, and also that clouds formations that look bad now are one that give life and movement to clouds, you can see tham mowing and all looks really good, without them we are left with bland and artificial clouds. True they look nice, but sooner or latter you will want more clouds to appear. And with animated clouds sky will be different with every look at them ;)

They can be fixed and they can look good just give me some time, i am working on crepy laptop that get's on my nerves all the time but in a day or two i will fix it and in a weak i will release new Wiedzmin version 3.1 and you can copy solution in stlm for clouds.

Evgdan95;n8438380 said:
mmm you're right Mishikedman, my bad. but still as in stlm there are still bad leftovers moving layer of clouds http://i.imgur.com/WYfKHJY.png i suppose these clouds are from baw. another pic http://i.imgur.com/UvZgqGQ.png

thats not a " bad clouds " there are no " bad clouds " they are all default clouds, thats how the game was made, they are absolutely fine and nothing looks wrong, dont mistake low res clouds and clouds that YOU dont like, STLM use most of the default clouds/weather

and i still dont uderstand peoples who stop and point their camera like that to the sky, like wtf ? do peoples really play like that and try to spot random stuff in the sky ? if that so you will find ugly stuff everywhere and in every game, expecting a game to look perfect is ridiculous, let alone a mod

you can use Ramccoid 4k clouds mod like i mentioned in changelog, it fix most of the low res problems

Last edited:
essenthy;n8443180 said:
thats not a " bad clouds " there are no " bad clouds " they are all default clouds, thats how the game was made, they are absolutely fine and nothing looks wrong, dont mistake low res clouds and clouds that YOU dont like, STLM use most of the default clouds/weather

and i still dont uderstand peoples who stop and point their camera like that to the sky, like wtf ? do peoples really play like that and try to spot random stuff in the sky ? if that so you will find ugly stuff everywhere and in every game, expecting a game to look perfect is ridiculous, let alone a mod

you can use Ramccoid 4k clouds mod like i mentioned in changelog, it fix most of the low res problems

ok. this is not a big problem for me. i just wanted to know if its possible to get rid of these clouds without destroying the other clouds.

essenthy;n8443200 said:
it was too complicated to make that vegetation look good at all time, but i still want to do it in an update

wow thank you for still considering this. despite all the commotion here, i still prefer your mod.

Last edited:
essenthy Sorry but you are not right on this point, see mid clouds dark in Velen or in Novigrad, first in stlm and then go and see how much better they are looking in vanilla...You can eddit this, i pretty much fixed this problem and fix will be in next version of Wiedzmin, and on side note Ramccoid compilation mod can't help with the way you done bloom and sky...

essenthy;n8443180 said:

So you are now also telling people what they should or should not pay attention to in their game? That is really not your place to dictate this. Also, people are providing valuable feedback but you take everything as negative criticism.
Everything you say can't be fixed, is getting fixed by Mishikedman LOL

If people are reporting low res clouds when in vanilla the clouds looked fine, then that is likely the case. You denying it like "how could I ever cause anything to break" just makes you appear very ignorant and arrogant, not to mention that you are being insulting to people reporting this as if they don't know what they are talking about.

Last edited:
I will fix now TrollToll edit because his direction look similar to STLM in sky collor and distance, and what not ;)
Eddit i will post fix tonight need to go no, need to help friend on some work he doo ;)

Last edited:
Okay first of all. I just refer to them as bad clouds. I know they are low quality textures. In STLM's lighting they just stand out a bit more. I know its a simple edit. What I mean by polish is that I still want variety in all the weathers and I'm going to mix and match the formations. Because even in other weathers low res textures peak out. Even then I know it simple. I have a gallery of screens you can look at. The only reason why I haven't been able to release it is because I am so busy with multiple exams next week. And I waited for your fix but it didn't do what I preferred so im just making an addon that looks best imo and sharing it for those who want it.

tennisaddict1999;n8448380 said:
Okay first of all. I just refer to them as bad clouds. I know they are low quality textures. In STLM's lighting they just stand out a bit more. I know its a simple edit. What I mean by polish is that I still want variety in all the weathers and I'm going to mix and match the formations. Because even in other weathers low res textures peak out. Even then I know it simple. I have a gallery of screens you can look at. The only reason why I haven't been able to release it is because I am so busy with multiple exams next week. And I waited for your fix but it didn't do what I preferred so im just making an addon that looks best imo and sharing it for those who want it.

Looking forward to that :)

Top Bottom