Lighting / Shadow glitch after a small patch

+
I have the same issue. Big white circles instead of sun/moon lights in houses, caves. Mostly around windows and doors. My specs: xbox one x, witcher 3 goty (disc version) and good old Phillips TV fhd non hdr. I've tried to change hdmi cables, tried to turn off hdr (but it was already turned off on my console)
CDPR ,we need an option to disable HDR on Witcher 3. It can't be so hard to fix this with a little patch.

my fix to this issue was the tv. Hooked the xbox1x to a 4k tv and no more issues. Apparently less resolution creates the odd shadows and circles. afaik it wasnt my console nor the game. (maybe the toggle should be fixed in game)

Hey guys so while this is not exactly a fix I thought I would post my experience, I have a samsung nu8500 and have had this shading problem for a couple weeks on my xbox one x, well I think it makes sense that this is an hdr issue, that the game only works with an hdr compatible tv but the problem is my tv is hdr compatible and I even had those setting on, at least on the Xbox. Well it took a while but after basically reducing all settings on my tv and Xbox to their defaults, restarting both, and turning on HDR+ which some Samsung’s have, it’s really a bad system so I never use it but after I did those things even when I turned off HDR+ and went back to my normal settings the shading circles were gone. So if you have a tv that is not hdr compatable you might be out of luck, if you do have one and you still have this problem you could try those things. It might just work after only turning on HDR+ but it’s too late for me to try that.

Hello everyone, I had this issue for 2 years with my xbox one X , my friend have an xbox one and he doesn't have this issue , however I recently changed my tv for an Oled 4k ultra hd whatever, and there is no bug anymore, so the problem is definitely because of the television you have

Hello, I resolved the issue by turning HDR on and turning off Freesync. I use Samsung Odyssey G5 and standard Xbox One X high-speed HDMI.

Top Bottom