Lighting / Shadow glitch after a small patch

+
HeyHey
SigilFey,
Ticket was already logged but I would appreciate if the devs would also pay attention to this forum. I think this community is having a lot of efforts highlighting problems on this game since they want to help to improve. The ticket system is not transparent at all so you give an input but sometimes have no reply. So if you having contact to the devs why cant they comment also to posts...

RagnarNidhogg;n10764751 said:
The ticket system is not transparent at all so you give an input but sometimes have no reply.
Tickets are the preferred, and most direct method of reaching RED Support. Although the Devs do read the Forums, they are able to track reports more efficiently with their official Support system.

Riven-Twain en
This is absolutel true. The only thing I claim for me as a submitter of the ticket I do not see any status anymore as soon as logged or even the ticket itself. Would be good if the submitter at least is somehow informed via email whats going on with the ticket.

@Vigaku86
I did check NPCs in Dandelions place they look ok to me. Where else do you see the problem? I do not know the place names in English since I am Austrian and playing in German. Maybe you can tell me the place where it is and not by name of location? How does this look “not correctly loaded“? I know NPC bugs already since some patches, NPCs are not loaded at all like innkeepers, if you meditate they appear, same with certain bandit camps the bandits not loaded in first place. Or NPCs with half of their body stuck in the ground until you talk to them or half meter above ground (maybe unkown magic talents of levitation... :)) But these minor bugs happened to me already since some patches maybe even since the beginning. And now again on my new X1X with clean installation directly to 1.60. Actually I expierience a lot of such small glitches, playing mostly only this game and already since the release

​​​​​​But this lighting bug really bothers me, this looks so ugly. So does anyone know if the devs are working on this issue?

RagnarNidhogg;n10764751 said:
Ticket was already logged but I would appreciate if the devs would also pay attention to this forum. I think this community is having a lot of efforts highlighting problems on this game since they want to help to improve.

You sort of hit the nail on the head there -- this is a community forum, as in, "unofficial" tech support. As stated, the devs do peruse it, and we do try to raise awareness of more major issues, but it's mostly meant as a starting point to see if issues are already known or if someone in the community has a fix / workaround.

As Riven-Twain states, though, the ticket system remains the only, official way to contact CDPR Tech Support. I agree that some sort of confirmation that your issue has been received is a good idea!

As for the update / bug itself...nothing new to report, yet. Standby! ;) Feel free to send in follow up tickets if you don't get a response. I'd give it a few days each time, though -- the volume of reports might simply be very high.

There's the kingfisher in novigrad which is a bar. That place is on heirarch square next to the armorsmith and vimmie vivaldi the bank owner. There's also elector's square. This place is located at the very top of novigrad. It's where the fast travel point is where you find a priest who sells herbs and next to church of the eternal fire. There's many more places but theses are the easiest to notice. What happens is the places are empty when they should have people in them. For me, the NPC's always loaded in the areas when you walk into bars/restaurants, fast travel to areas or walk into certain areas. However, they don't load in anymore. Like you said, either medidate or walk upstairs then downstairs for them to appear which that should not be the case. It makes the world seem empty.

Also some NPC's just stand around and can't move. I have a link to show that: https://twitter.com/Vigaku86/status/979554214669103104. These bugs seem to occur more when you complete the game on new game or new game+ but I have seen it while playing the campaign too. I will most likely make more videos later today showing what I mean by the NPC's not loading correctly.

Vigaku86;n10771201 said:
I've made two videos regarding the NPC bugs.

This is a thread about the lighting issue. In general, we ask that members please stick to one topic per thread. Feel free to open a new thread, cut and paste the post into it, and then I'll remove it from here.

Vigaku86
I have the same issue at the Kingfisher. The tavern is empty as long as you meditate. After meditation people sitting there. But I think this problem did occur already since some time. Not sure if this strange ghost patch did cause it.

People not moving I did not found. I did check the white orchard. People were moving normally.
I had seen a bug after 1.60 that random NPCs movement is bugged: Sometimes NPCs are caught at cert
ain spots just turning around. When you run into them they start to move their normal way again.

Really too many small bugs and glitches

Did anyone hear from CDRed support regarding the new bugs? Lighting bulbs, Npcs etc?

RagnarNidhogg;n10784681 said:
Vigaku86
I have the same issue at the Kingfisher. The tavern is empty as long as you meditate. After meditation people sitting there. But I think this problem did occur already since some time. Not sure if this strange ghost patch did cause it.

People not moving I did not found. I did check the white orchard. People were moving normally.
I had seen a bug after 1.60 that random NPCs movement is bugged: Sometimes NPCs are caught at cert
ain spots just turning around. When you run into them they start to move their normal way again.

Really too many small bugs and glitches

Did anyone hear from CDRed support regarding the new bugs? Lighting bulbs, Npcs etc?

Again, let's keep things focused on one issue per thread. It almost makes sense to change the title to "Missing NPCs" instead of "Lighting bug" at this point. Feel free to begin a new thread for the missing NPCs and a third thread for NPC movement. Keeping any sort of focus on so many topics is almost impossible, and any helpful info is likely to be missed.

SigilFey
I started the thread for the lighting but. I did only reply to Vigaku86. To keep this thread as original posted I do share screenshots how the lighting bug looks to me. I did find the bug inside houses on entrance doors and windows as well as any entrance at caves f.e. For this looks like a rendering problem with shading/daylight to inside places. As metioned ticket to CDRed was already logged, if anyone sees this issue too please log a ticket too.

Attachments

• IMG_20180410_193616.jpg
    IMG_20180410_193616.jpg
    637.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20180403_211450.jpg
    IMG_20180403_211450.jpg
    635.4 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_20180403_211346.jpg
    IMG_20180403_211346.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 128
RagnarNidhogg
I have those exact same lighting bugs. I'll send CDPR a support ticket concerning these bugs. It sucks that these bugs have been here since the 3/26/18 patch but hopefully they are fully aware by now and looking for a solution. One of my friends just bought Witcher 3 on xbox one x but I had to warn him that the game currently has these issues so he may want to hold off a bit until it's fixed. I want him to have an amazing experience in his first play through and not have to run into these bugs.

Since it’s been a good while, has anyone gotten a response for their support tickets? I filed a few in the past month and haven’t gotten any response. Im starting to think I’m just gonna have to put up with the bug because they don’t seem to be acknowledging the new bugs or discussing patching the game further. More than a bit disappointing, honestly.

I've got a few responses from CDPR and it seems to me that they are aware of the issue but nothing has been confirmed on whether or not they are working on a fix. I hope they are trying to fix the bugs because it's more than just a lighting bug as I discovered. There are NPC bugs and pop in issues bugs. I've submitted a report on all these issues and for the most part got very little information on what they are planning to do about it. They just asked a few questions on where and how it happens. They offered solutions, mostly clearing the cache but it doesn't fix it. I'll keep submitting reports because I do want to go through the game again but not in this state as the immersion is completely broken to me.

Hey,
I got a reply from Cdred just stating they are looking into the issue etc. but no further info or request for savefiles. They seem to work on these topics but I have the feeling it is low prio. For PS4 the new patch it seems it also caused graphic bugs and even the media seem to report but for Xbox 1 and X no info at all... Really love this game and enjoyed already many many hours but this is disappointing

Hey, anybody any news on this issue? Cdred has received the ticket and did reply that they will check but it got very silent. I don't understand why noone gets any info what this strange ghost patch was (nor what it actually should have fixed) neither I understand why we cant get to the
​​state back 1.60 without ghost patch were everthing was fine so far. Now everwhere this stupid lighting bulb bugs...

Yeah I saw IGN today spoke about the PS4 pro HDR patch issues. Digital foundry also talked about it but both didn't talk about Xbox one X so I hope CDPR realizes that the patch that they rolled out affected both platforms but in different ways. For PS4 it was draw distance issues but for xbox is was huge lighting issues as well as pop-in/NPC bugs.

I've got a few responses from CDPR but nothing on a fix yet. I still have the same lighting issues as well but I also have discovered NPC/pop-in issues too that I posted in another topic. I hope CDPR is aware of all the bugs on Xbox one X. I saw IGN today talk about the patch issues on PS4 pro but they didn't say anything about Xbox so I hope that if CDPR catches word on IGN's article, they realize that the patch affects both platforms and not just PS4.

RagnarNidhogg;n10900751 said:
Cdred has received the ticket and did reply that they will check but it got very silent.
Vigaku86;n10902311 said:
I've got a few responses from CDPR but nothing on a fix yet.

Sorry for the delays in response time! Feel free to follow up on the support tickets. Things are quite busy now -- lots of pans on the stove. I believe this issue has been acknowledged, but it may take a while to get everything sorted.

That's good to hear. I really hope the can fix the problems that have arisen. The only concern I have is they might miss some of the other big bugs. As I stated, the lighting bug is a huge and obvious one but certain ones like NPC's not working correctly and pop-in's may not be as apparent if they are not looking for it. I missed it my first time because I was focused on the lighting issues and I hope CDPR doesn't do the same. I will continue to send support tickets to keep them aware of these issues and hopefully they can get a fix going.

Top Bottom