Lighting / Shadow glitch after a small patch

+
It seems the lighting bug is only occuring at Xbox one X. Just checked yesterday at a friend of mine. No lighting bugs at all, on Xbox one S.

Same issue here on Xbox One X. Weird, circular shadows that only seem to appear in cutscenes. Something to do with the way the cutscenes are lit, some sort of bug going on there, and it only seems to happen indoors, as far as I can tell.

Is this the best way to get them to take a look at it?

dracontalon;n10949939 said:
Same issue here on Xbox One X. Weird, circular shadows that only seem to appear in cutscenes. Something to do with the way the cutscenes are lit, some sort of bug going on there, and it only seems to happen indoors, as far as I can tell.

Is this the best way to get them to take a look at it?

>Is this the best way to get them to take a look at it?

Definitely not!

The best way would be, to inform CDPR personally about that particular glitch.

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...2669-guidelines-for-reporting-xbox-one-issues

dracontalon Yeah the best way is to contact them via a support ticket. http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

Also try to get other people who have the same issue to report to CDPR as well. They did a hotfix for PS4 so I hope they do the same for us. While I have gotten a few responses, I don't know if they are looking into a fix. I hope they do soon because I am really itching to get back into the game but I want to do it bug free.

RagnarNidhogg That's curious. I only have an X so I can't really test it. Either way a it's huge issue for the Xbox One X not to mention there are also NPC bugs too. So I hope CDPR gets notified a lot by people so they can look into a fix as it has already been two months now since the bugs started.

Vigaku86;n10961255 said:
RagnarNidhogg So I hope CDPR gets notified a lot by people so they can look into a fix as it has already been two months now since the bugs started.

I hope that to, but honestly i don't really believe in another X-patch. It's six month since they released the last official patch which came with various glitches. I really hope that there will be a new patch but regarding the long time since the last release i don't really believe in it anymore. Very frustrating.

Well technically they released a patch on 3/26/18 which is the patch that resulted in the huge lighting bugs and NPC bugs. CDPR also released a hotfix for PS4 recently so here's hoping that with enough people sending CDPR support tickets, they'll look into the matter and resolve it. The only thing is I don't know how many people have reported the bugs. Also, I'm not sure how much time they feel they need to spend on the game right now with a lot on their plate at the moment. It worries me but I still think it can be resolved if people spread the message a lot and often.

In my opinion these failures are with each user with X1X and D1 editions. A friend of mine has same problems with such setup. Another friend at X1S and Game of the year edition not. The problem as Vigaku86 mentioned it seems too few users seem to report these bugs. Still no reply to my tickets to Cdred and I start to get the impression there is little intention to fix. Anyhow I hope they will show me different. Has anyone any news?

RagnarNidhogg I contacted CDPR earlier this week but have not heard from them. Actually, the last couple of times before this, I contacted them and they didn't respond. So I don't know if they are working on a fix or not. I believe they are aware but don't have any details on their plans. I know they just recently fixed the PS4 Pro bugs that happened but that was more of a priority for them as there were way more people complaining about it as well as getting the attention on gaming outlets such as IGN.com. For Xbox One X users it seems to be a smaller base but just because it's smaller doesn't mean that the bugs aren't severe and I hope they realize that. However, with E3 just around the corner, they are probably getting Cyberpunk ready and also other CDPR members are working on Gwent Homecoming so I think we won't see a fix for another couple of months at the earliest or even a fix at all but I hope I'm wrong.

Yes you maybe right but it is really disappointing at all... What really bothers me the most is that I just bought a new X1X in February to replace my old X1 because I wanted the best performance to play W3. Actually I mostly only play this game since years. But now such a strange patch screws lighting and other issues as you mentioned. Its a new console, clean installation so my hardware and setup is fine I guess. Is this really just affecting a small random user base or are just other X1X players not recognizing the problems or not caring... Answers would be appreciated

I know there's more people out there with these issues but it's unknown if they sent support tickets. All I'll say is keep sending CDPR more support tickets so they won't forget. That's what I'll do and I hope other people will do the same.

still no reply on my tickets. Really disappointed by Cd red... This topic is now ongoing since months and yet not a single sign of a solution. If you mess up the graphics of the game with a patch nobody seems to know for what it was for or even what maybe was released by failure I'd expect the game studio to fix it. I had a functional game until this ghost patch in March...

@RagnarNidhogg I agree. I'm actually going to send them a new support ticket. Also does any moderator know if there's another way to contact CDPR because they need to realize the huge lighting bugs affect the game big time especially in Toussaint. Here's one image I took the other day. These are abudant in Beauclair and seem to be common in village huts in Velen/Novigrad area as well as huts in Skellige.

Attachments

• Beauclair archway spots.png
    Beauclair archway spots.png
    492.9 KB · Views: 109
Sorry, folks! There was an issue earlier with the new forums. Some Support Tickets did not make it it through. We tried to notify people when the problem was found and fixed, but it looks like some members still slipped through the cracks. :( Please, do submit a ticket again if you've not received a response to something you sent between May and June.

As far as I know, work is still going on the console issues.

Hi,

I have some problems with the game, Blood&Wine in particular, since I started the expansion, something went wrong with the shadows in the game, I tried everything I could, reinstall the game, or the updates, contact the support team, I submitted a report, like a week ago, and still nothng, and maybe it sound stupid but playing the game like this is really distracting and extremely annoying.

I beg for some help or advice on how to do something about the issue, I have been playing through all the expansion with this issue, every store, house, building or whatever interior, even caves, show this problem, and even around the world, regularly, like every couple minutes, some building or a bridge or something.

I will add some screens and clips I have to help understand the issue.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RyYyfGf9pgVRiAqGw54eHMZ2yGTqAiBy

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Sq3ts1C-X85J4hvVAo4yfiB2IGxxYOjO

Some threads about this issue were merged. If you submitted a report and received no response, please submit the report again.

@SigilFey I think tickets have been logged already multiple times. Can you as a moderator of this forum notice the dev team in addition? I believe this is a major bug affecting many people but only a few report here. Maybe you can put this on higher priority? This issue really needs a fix and pending already too long.

@RagnarNidhogg I sent them a support ticket about a week and a half ago and they responded. CDPR said they are collecting data on the issue. I would send them a support ticket because they will respond. That way they have more data and visual proof about the lighting issues. Explain to them where they occur for you too as I did.

My apologies for the confusion and lack of response on this bug, y'all! I've pinged it again. It seems to me that there are simply a few unfortunate people that got lost in the mix when that bug in the forums evaporated some of the tickets. I don't think anyone is being ignored -- just hard to find all the pieces.

As for the issue, all I know is that it's really obscure. I've not heard anything on what causes it or why it happens for such a small number of Xbox users. That's likely what's taking so long. The fewer the people that are affected by a given bug, the harder and harder it becomes to recreate the issue reliably. In the meantime, the best thing to do is keep your eyes open for any patterns you notice as to the bug's occurrence. (Specific area? Certain time of day? Specific lighting source present? Specific geometry is always present? Does it occur if you start a new game? Does it persist if you reinstall the game? That sort of thing.)

To me, simply because of how precise the shadows look (obviously perfect circles from what I see) it likely something about the way the video drivers are handling certain calls. Not all consoles contain exactly the same hardware nor the same drivers and firmware. Wacky conflicts like this can occasionally pop up.

Top Bottom