Lighting / Shadow glitch after a small patch

+
>I've purchased this game digitally 4 times on ps4 and xbox one

Do you get that lighting bug on the PS4 as well?

Do you play on a 4K TV?

If yes, have you tried to lower the resolution of the PS4, to 1080p or choose a different 4K output like 2160p (YUV 420) or 2160 (RGB) instead of Automatic?

Have you tried to disable HDR?

so still no word from CDPR on this glitch. that's it i'm convinced were in the twilight zone were not asking CDPR kindly to fix a glitch this has to be EA's anthem's forums.

Please, read the history of the thread.

As has been stated several times, the cause of the bug is unknown. It does not affect most Xbox systems, and why certain players are affected is not understood. Disabling HDR corrects the issue for some people. There's no other information that has come out.

The fact of the matter is that if the issue were the software itself, then it would not work correctly for anyone. That's not the case. You can see the game running just fine on Xbox through any number of videos or reviews. Why the glitch occurs on certain people's system is likely down to the specific hardware in their specific model of Xbox when coupled with a specific OS version and specific drivers that may or may not be conflicting with specific TVs / Smart-TVs in handling the game's graphics.

As new technology is introduced and other tech becomes obsolete, these types of weird incompatibilities can arise. Especially with titles as huge and complex as TW3. It's wholly possible that even if the cause were found, there might be no way to fix it. At least, not universally.

The only thing I can say for sure at this point is: "I don't know." If you are experiencing the bug and no workarounds seem to be helping, please contact CDPR Support directly. Explain your case and try to come to a resolution of some sort.

Just to say I brought the Xbox One X version again this evening as I fancied playing it again, and i'm extremely disappointed.

I'm on a Scorpio model btw.

With HDR on I have none of the shadow issues, but with HDR when there is a storm or dark clouds the sky box is dire with banding and artifacting everywhere. This is due to the coloured textures for the sky box in certain conditions not being a high enough resolution (it's similair banding you will see present in cut scenes in certain games where it's pre recorded video and not rendered by the games engine. Shadow of Mordor suffers from this quite badly). I've never played with HDR on as I honestly don't care for it in many games (I'm on a Samsung 65 inch Q7F).

So with HDR on the game can be quite ugly in places, with it off you get the shadow errors making caves etc unplayable.

I've gone back to the digital version on my PS4 Pro, and with HDR off the game is absolutely fine. So in sum i've wasted money on another xbox copy (traded my original copy few months back for another game). When I Last played on xbox it must have been before this "ghost patch" as I had no issues playing 4K non HDR.

I'm now going to trade this into Game.co.uk for cash so I can at least get some money back, and think I'll stick to PS4 Pro version. :(

Last edited:
Hello, chiming in to say that I am experiencing this shadow/lightning bug on PS4 Slim (GOTY digital copy). It is especially present in Toussaint although I've seen it in other parts of the world.

Since it's a slim, there is no HDR involved.

I've sent a ticket to CDPR detailling my problem.

I'm reinstalling the game at the moment but I doubt it will change anything.

I have not been in the forum for a while. Seems this issue is still pending. I can tell following: I had the lighting bug and could solve it with a new tv. It has nothing to do with a variation of hardware of the X1X.
The cause I assume following:
Since the X1X patch the game enables HDR and an option to play either with 60fps FullHD or 4K.
There is no option to switch off HDR. So if you have a Full HD non HDR screen you will face the bug with the X1X, doesnt matter if you switch to 60fps or 4K. The Tv cannot cope with this HDR from the game resulting in broken object lighting. I am pretty sure because I only changed the screen. Now it looks all great in 4k HDR, no obejct lighting bug.
You cant switch off the HDR because it comes from the game.
I tested all various game versions (First release, game of the year, vanilla, last patch etc.) with the latest patch the bug will appear. It only works with HDR screen. OR you use the orignal version 1.01 by not going online updating to latest patch (only speaking about X1X).

Still nothing from cdpr 4 this. And if any one tells Me this glitch is just some Xbox one x's I am an admin on the official cdpr Xbox club and I asked everyone on there and all without hdr tv's has this bug.

Attachments

• 4-25-2019_4-38-58_PM-4akinjuo (2).png
    4-25-2019_4-38-58_PM-4akinjuo (2).png
    1.9 MB · Views: 137
@Timothy_Warren_Eve I totally ageee with you, no update on this by Cdred. I also did create multiple tickets with no final answer just the random answer “we are looking into this“. I was one of the users who started the threads on this issue. I also agree with you that everybody with a X1X and nonHdr screen will have this bug. Imo such setup was never tested when they released the X1X patch. I feel this will never beeing solved as many other “minor“ glitches so I solved this one with buying with a new 4k hdr tv which makes anyhow sense using the X1X.
The only thing which I don't understand is why noone of Cdred (not the forum admins) get on this forum and gives at least some comments on this.
I really played and playing the game a lot (I have already around 1700hours of playtime!) so I did encounter a lot of small glitches where some are still present and I can live with it but this lighting bug really broke the immersion for me, so to play the game I decided to buy a new screen which I anyhow intended to be fair.

If you've sent somewhat recent tickets about this issue but never received a reply, it might be worth it to resend the tickets.

Still nothing and I sent another ticket but they just said restart my Xbox like I've said over and over and over again it's not my Xbox one x I've tried 4 different Xbox one x's it's the implementation of hdr on a non hdr 1080p TV all my friends has the same issue when on a non hdr TV but when they play on an hdr TV no issues I've tweeted multiple cdpr community manager's with stone silence I know. There hard at work with cyberpunk but there still selling the game to people and I think they. Have an obligation to fix this issue I don't think I'm being unreasonable I happen to be a fan of cdpr and this is my favorite game of all time I just wanted to play through it again.

Top Bottom