Lightning Breaks still can't be completed [SOLVED]

+
How is the infinite loading glitch on Lightning Breaks not fixed yet? This is a main story quest that results in an infinite loading screen and it's been known since launch. I've tried fast traveling away, I've tried doing other quests and coming back later, I've tried unequipping all my gear, I've tried turning off all mods, I've tried every known "solution" and nothing works. It completely locks the game, and I know I'm not the only one this happens to.

After all these patches, still no fix for the completely broken main story quest?

Last edited:

Guest 4564903

I never encountered this problem but my wife did. I fixed it for her in the following way so this might work and remember I said might.

After you go through the plan with Panam let her get in the car but do not get in it with her, fast travel away, then fast travel back, skip some time so its daylight and then get in the car with her, if its work the loading screen should be very brief and the mission will continue.

This worked for my wife during her play through, no guarantees it will work for you as I was just messing around trying all sorts of things but its worth a try.

Guest 4564903

Sorry to hear that mate, seems this bug can be fixed in random ways with no singular fix for all.

Not PC expert like I said many time :)
But I see somewhere a probable solution : turn off "slow HDD mode" setting.
If you are on SSD, it could be totally useless (and maybe you doesn't have this setting).

Or another (but it seem improbable for me).
-Wait by the car until Panam complains "V, get in ..."
-Look her right after get in the car (as quick as possible).

Worth a try ;)

Not PC expert like I said many time :)
But I see somewhere a probable solution : turn off "slow HDD mode" setting.
If you are on SSD, it could be totally useless (and maybe you doesn't have this setting).

Or another (but it seem improbable for me).
-Wait by the car until Panam complains "V, get in ..."
-Look her right after get in the car (as quick as possible).

Worth a try ;)

That option was off (I am using an SSD) but I tried turning it on because at this point I'll try anything. No luck.

That option was off (I am using an SSD) but I tried turning it on because at this point I'll try anything. No luck.
Ok, that's unfortunate :(
Panam's car have their wheels a little bit in the ground ?
I also have saw a tip with red engin tweak and a TP mod (who you must spam TP key where you are in the Panam's car. In short you force the game to quit the car with the TP mod).

Ok, that's unfortunate :(
Panam's car have their wheels a little bit in the ground ?
I also have saw a tip with red engin tweak and a TP mod (who you must spam TP key where you are in the Panam's car. In short you force the game to quit the car with the TP mod).
What is a TP mod?

Yep, I found the post (difficult researchs)
> Here
It looks like a grandmother's remedy, but hey could be good to try it anyway :)

Well the teleport mod that's mentioned in that post is not longer available so I tried with a freelook/fly mod. The problem is as soon as you press F to enter the truck your position is locked and you can't move. I tried multiple times as well as doing everything I could think of to move the truck further out of the garage. No luck. I'm going to keep trying but it doesn't look like it's going to help. I appreciate you taking the time to help me though. It's so frustrating that this key mission is still completely broken 6 months after release.

I'm happy to say I got a solution to the problem, and the answer came directly from DCPR themselves. I submitted a ticket (with no actual expectation of help) and got a reply back saying to limit the FPS to 30 when entering the truck. I did, and it worked! Right after Panam drives off I put it back to 60 and the rest of the quest played out fine. I've seen at least 8 different tips on various forums on how to get past this soft-lock but I've never seen this one mentioned. Hopefully someone finds this thread useful in the future.

I'm happy to say I got a solution to the problem, and the answer came directly from DCPR themselves. I submitted a ticket (with no actual expectation of help) and got a reply back saying to limit the FPS to 30 when entering the truck. I did, and it worked! Right after Panam drives off I put it back to 60 and the rest of the quest played out fine. I've seen at least 8 different tips on various forums on how to get past this soft-lock but I've never seen this one mentioned. Hopefully someone finds this thread useful in the future.
This work for me

Top Bottom